PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Want WP7 Mango today ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrush

I can't believe how fast going in and out of normal OS operations has become. You basically click on something and you're there - I'd like to see some fandroids or appleheads try to beat that!
well I mentioned some of them in one of my posts on the other page and its also a front page article so they'll get wind of it soon enough unless they're feeling salty.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

I would probably like a weekly view for Calendar just to have it, but I don't feel lost without it... certainly easy enough to see the detail with the Agenda view, IMO. The inclusion of the To-Do list was a must though, and I'm glad they delivered.

I actually appreciate the fact that they don't FORCE you to use the integrated Inbox. I like my work and personal messages separate, but I appreciate being able to unify them if I so choose.

I could have sworn I read on their blog that they were including the ability to connect to "hidden" wifi networks... perhaps the next beta release, since they obviously aren't finished yet... Twitter/LinkedIn to come as well.

I'm still not going to teach my dad how to update his Focus, considering how jacked up AT&T is about their updates to begin with... doing the beta and having to roll-back before the official would be disastrous for him, BUT... for anyone with a techy background, this is as close as we're gonna get to a custom ROM for a while, lol.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

ringtones still have annoying limitations. Hard to get zune to refresh.

Last edited by esqueue; 07-07-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
ringtones still have annoying limitations. Hard to get zune to refresh.
If you have to install ringtones, look on XDA there is a ton of threads on it...

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 07-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
If you have to install ringtones, look on XDA there is a ton of threads on it...
I got it to work, but it still has annoying limitations like what I posted before.

I'll reinstall NoDo today as I use search quite a bit but it either takes 2 minutes or gives no results at all.

It's a beta so I guess it is expected. I left windows 6.5 for this reason of things not working. I'll wait this this gets released without no errors.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
I got it to work, but it still has annoying limitations like what I posted before.

I'll reinstall NoDo today as I use search quite a bit but it either takes 2 minutes or gives no results at all.

It's a beta so I guess it is expected. I left windows 6.5 for this reason of things not working. I'll wait this this gets released without no errors.
I haven't experienced any errors,and I couldn't imagine myself going back to NoDo after experiencing this. can u please post all the issues ur experiencing so I can make sure im not misinterpreting anything?
Old 07-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
I haven't experienced any errors,and I couldn't imagine myself going back to NoDo after experiencing this. can u please post all the issues ur experiencing so I can make sure im not misinterpreting anything?
It was only one issue. When hitting the search button and either speaking or typing in something, it would sit there for 1-2 minutes before giving a result. Sometime it would do nothing. After several resets still the same issue.

If I browse and search from the browser, it works there.

I really wanted it for the ringtones. Since I don't have any social networking accounts those features mean nothing to me. The ringtones while possible it was a hassle dealing with zune and having zune find them on my pc. I did get that to work so that isn't my issue.

I reverted back and all works good.

Last edited by esqueue; 07-07-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Banned User

Quote:
It was only one issue. When hitting the search button and either speaking or typing in something, it would sit there for 1-2 minutes before giving a result. Sometime it would do nothing. After several resets still the same issue.

If I browse and search from the browser, it works there.

I really wanted it for the ringtones. Since I don't have any social networking accounts those features mean nothing to me. The ringtones while possible it was a hassle dealing with zune and having zune find them on my pc. I did get that to work so that isn't my issue.

I reverted back and all works good.
I had no issues with search at all. the features present are much more than just ringtones and isn't cause to move back to NoDo just because they "weren't working" I haven't tried this myself yet because I don't really care about ringtones.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
I had no issues with search at all. the features present are much more than just ringtones and isn't cause to move back to NoDo just because they "weren't working" I haven't tried this myself yet because I don't really care about ringtones.
I don't completely understand what you just posted but I think you are saying that you had no issues with search and that there are many more features than ringtones. I think something about not returning to something that works for me?

The fact that you have no issues with search have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with me. Fact is that it is broken on my phone and is a deal breaker. It would be moronic for me to give up something that I use everyday for some other things that I don't even know about or care about. Many of the features aren't taken advantage of by current programs yet.

If this worked flawlessly then it would be released already.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
The fact that you have no issues with search have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with me. Fact is that it is broken on my phone and is a deal breaker. It would be moronic for me to give up something that I use everyday for some other things that I don't even know about or care about. Many of the features aren't taken advantage of by current programs yet.
Personally, I have yet to find something in the Mango release that simply "doesn't work." Quite the opposite, in fact-- for a beta, I'm remarkably impressed at how fast and stable it is.

Now for the search, that IS a beta feature and I would point out that just like Android's voice capabilities it is HIGHLY dependent on your data connection, so if you're in a low-coverage area, yeah... might be buggy. But if that one feature in a BETA is a deal-breaker for you, I would say YES, you should revert back to NoDo, and in fact you shouldn't be messing with betas at all. Ever. I don't want to be a jerk, but if you're that sensitive about the matter why would you ignore all the "use at your own risk" disclaimers in the first place? Heck, I use my phone for work in an IT setting, so I'm right there with you, BUT, being a sys admin I am techy enough to deal with the bugs (to which I say again have been unnoticable in my experience), so I took the chance on it (keeping my NoDo restore point and my EVO handy at all times).

As for the ringtones, I forget if it was an earlier post in this thread or in the Arrive forum thread, but I agreed it was incredibly irritating means of assigning ringtones, but I fully anticipate custom apps being developed to simplify the process. The Windows Phone team blogged about the matter and promised that it would get easier, for what it's worth.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions