PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S Captivate, Samsung Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Rogers

wraith79 is keeping up the good workwraith79 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Warez Vs. Tethering

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
He wasn't cut off, but merely warned that he is going to be charged for PAM service. Not to mention that he didn't say that he went over the 5GB limit and only that he Telus noticed this PAM usage.
So far as I know, Telus doesn't have a 5gb limit! You tether, its 8$/mb, right from the get-go; Which is ridiculous. Roger's only charges 0.35 cents a mb. Considerable difference, no!?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychef View Post
actually i think he made it quite clear that he was WAY UNDER the cap, and they still notfied him.. he said, he never used it that much..

never said he was cut off.. your guys point is cell companies dont care, well in his/this case TELUS does at the moment..
my only point in the matter is that theres no reason for PPCGeeks to limit free speech in this matter except as defined in the DMCA. I personally didn't question the legality of the issue of tethering without paying.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Threadstarter

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraith79 View Post
So far as I know, Telus doesn't have a 5gb limit! You tether, its 8$/mb, right from the get-go; Which is ridiculous. Roger's only charges 0.35 cents a mb. Considerable difference, no!?
look im not going to into telus' stuff again, but google search TELUS 5gb data cap, and u get a zillion results stating they do have the same cap, though i foound a few that said its 1gb of usuage for 65bucks, and one that boasted the cap was 10gb, but listed no pricing
"Lose?..I Dont Lose!.....I Win.....I Win.....Im a Lawyer, Thats My Job and Thats What I Do" -Keanu Reeves "Devils Advocate"
Old 02-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
my only point in the matter is that theres no reason for PPCGeeks to limit free speech in this matter except as defined in the DMCA. I personally didn't question the legality of the issue of tethering without paying.
ok..good.. but ppc isnt not doing this, beacuse you dont feel its wrong..

im making a case TO PPC, to please include and consider this a banned topic as well, due to the nature of what were really doing..

this is a new topic, lets give it time to be addressed properly by the admin
Old 02-23-2009, 03:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I'm pretty sure Coz already addressed it some posts back.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

yup he did, he informed us that an offical take down notice has never been issued for either the warez topic or the tethering topic... my point is they, willingly "try" to prevent anything about warez, not because someone told them they couldnt, but because its the right thing to do..

also he said : The bottom line is this site is always in a constant state of flux...the definition of warez is always changing...we, the staff and members, need to always be aware of what's going on. Things will always change and that change may result in certain discussions be removed.

why cant the laws possibly be changing towards the direction that includes my argument against unathorized tethering??

thats what im asking them to consider
Old 02-23-2009, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S Captivate, Samsung Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Rogers

wraith79 is keeping up the good workwraith79 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
can u please show some data for this... id really like to see any compnies in a list that have had 82 percent profit marigns in these hard economic times... i live in MI, right now we are DBL the national averages for unemployment... please find me a thriving buisness at 82 percent margin of profit... id really like to notify my new media here, so we can show some promising times in our dire State
A few months ago, I had over 2TB of data on my bill and was charged nothing, received no calls and no letters. Cell companies buy the phones in bulk, brand them and then sell them for a crazy amount, with or without a contract! They make their profit by doing this, we make our profit by using the phone to its full potential! And if you really want to get into it, what about all those ROM cookers out there, they're breaking the law too. Changing or modifying an original ROM and putting their name on it. Its the same principal. So, tethering by bypassing the TCP protocol on the carriers network, I'M ALL FOR IT!
Old 02-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

chris06 is a n00b

here's my question (may be a little off topic)
So if youre trying to unlock the gps on a vzw touch pro (using a custom rom, reg edit, etc) wouldnt that be illegal considering the fact that vzw intentionally locked it because they offer their vzNavigator? (a service you have to pay for)
Old 02-23-2009, 03:39 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

So people who want to learn about WMWifiRouter must prove that they do in fact pay for PAM service before they can get any help regarding the matter? As you stated yourself apparently wmwifirouter automatically circumvents ICS checks. If the mods do as you ask and remove all talk about tethering, people who legally pay for tethering can't get any information on it. It's not PPCGeeks responsibility to ensure that everyone is law-abiding. It is ultimately up to the end-user to decide if he wishes to abuse such knowledge for personal profit. Just because knowledge of tethering can be used for illicit purposes doesn't mean it should be outright banned.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:42 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Quote:
um what plan holders doesnt it cover excatly??? can u show me proof that it doesnt affect every type of data usuage and plan.. because im pretty sure SPRINT SITE says Mobile Broadband Cards, USB Modems, Embedded Modems and Phone-As-Modem... is there another type of connection your arguing is available to use and also unaffected by the cap... remember links and visual proof, from sprints site, because apparently every website on the net other than sprint are wrong about sprint 5gb cap
No there is no "special" connection type, its simply the unlimited service Sprint agreed to for the accounts.
Sprint cannot strip all account features, even those no offered anymore (ie: Sprint pick 3, no charge on roaming fee, Mobile 2 Home, etc,)

What accounts can have this happen? Id don't know honestly & I don't have to worry.

Ask exectutive services, honeslty I don't recall those that are after the July date, except for corporate/business accounts & pre exsisting, the latter is my account & the assurance from exective services.

Call them to get a better understanding. The business accounts without a doubt are not affected.

The TOS you're looking for would obviously not be available on a new account, they changed it.
It hovever did not change for all exsisting accounts. Again this is not universal.

Even the OT issue of the IS lock, it isn't universal.

My hard copy TOS, god knows where the hell that is, if I could pull history of passing the limit I would but hey, I can still post each month on; of me doing so.

5 months & no warning, none. No slow down no email propoganda encoraging, no call, no letter.

I trust only what I hear from executive services & hard copies, anything else is not official nor fully accurate.

Again you were close (so were the sources) but not completely right. You have a hard time grasping that.

Last edited by Genjinaro; 02-23-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions