PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 09:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |July 4| 21916|29022 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
If I could hit the "Thanks" button a thousand times for this post, I would.

David
Thanks, I appreciate the kindness
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:28 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Briggs, sorry man... jumped the gun on you, was tad irritated by your droid post.

Here's the info you were discussing from an old post of mine 2010.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...usb-power.html
The link under "B" (battery) in wiki #5 disappeared & the other link with it in, was bad... fixed now...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The key is the amperage/amps/ or ma (milliamps) or mah (milliamp hours)
On full brightness that may suck up 350 ma just by itself not running anything!

Charging Batteries Using USB Power
All host USB host devices like PCs and notebooks can source at least 500mA, or five "unit loads" per USB socket. In USB terminology, "one unit load" is 100mA. Self-powered USB hubs can also supply five unit loads. Bus-powered USB hubs are guaranteed to supply only 1 unit load (100mA).
Charging Batteries Using USB Power - Maxim

……So, if your phone is sucking down 600 miliamps running wifirouter & GPS & other apps.. your battery will not only ‘not charge’ while plugged into your laptop/pc, it’ll eventually die!

“Besides a data link, USB provides 5 +/- 0.25 volts to power an otherwise unpowered device or charge a battery in a self powered device. A USB controller or hub is required to power one unit load (100 mA, a low power load). It can optionally power up to 5 unit loads (500 mA, a high power load). The spec is silent about intermediate loads, so I assume that the sources deal with just the two cases. Either a load is low power (like a keyboard or a mouse) or high power (like an iPod or PDA).”
USB As A Power Source

Q&A:
Q: “but it sometimes works”… “I plugged it into my car & it didn’t die for the whole trip last time…” etc.. etc..
A: If your phone battery was full as opposed to almost out & one trip you ran GPS the whole time, it makes a difference.

Q: Sometimes the charger may say only how many watts it produces…
A: Power P = I × V = (Watts = Amps x V) : Amps=Watts/V : So if the charger at the store says it’ll do 2 watts… Amps = 2/5v, = .4 amps or 400 ma, not enough!

Q: Can I use a 500 ma charger?
A: Sure, should be enough 80% of the time! But, there is a reason HTC sends a 1amp charger when you buy the phone.. it’s possible if you have the screen on full & the program (GPS map) is using a lot of bright colors & the gps chip is running & you’ve got another couple programs in the background and your talking on the phone and your battery was at 2 % when you started… you may be drawing 700 milli amps.. then logically it’s only a matter of time until your battery dies & the charger isn’t putting out enough to keep the phone running & it shuts off. And if the charger it is putting out just barely enough to charge the phone, it will take forever to charge the battery!

Q: I’m using a USB charger from my old phone & it works some of the time…
A: Sure, a 350 ma (output) charger will charge your phone fully if it’s left overnight (it usually goes into sleep mode & is drawing almost no power).

Last edited by teradog; 09-23-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP1, TP2
Carrier: sprint

parts is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Still using and lovin the 7-2 nrg rom. I can't believe I haven't flashed for 2.5 months now. I would upgrade to newer, bling bling phone just to flash but I can't do the Sprint everything plan cost increase. This phone is a great ipod replacement, have 16g of music in shuffle mode.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:04 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
I just wanted to take a minute to say happy anniversary to NRGZ and this thread. Two years ago NRGZ unlocked the power of our TP2's, and lets face it thats like a decade in phone years.

I don't know if he realized it, but he was doing more than just improving our phones. He created a community, an education program and a hobby all at once, and I would like to thank him for the great ride.

I would also like to thank all the great people on this thread who have supported and helped keep this thread alive and thriving for the last 2 years, even after many name that used to be common place have come and gone.

So happy anniversary to all, and here is to another great 2 years!

Awww....

Well maybe we should cook up an anniversary ROM. Give me some ideas on what you want cooked in, taken out, changed.. put them all in one post, then somebod get my attention via Twitter. Then I can dust off the old WM kitchen and put it to work again :P

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I concur. The NRG has done some fine work here. Plus this community has really helped. I posted a bit back about my wish list, any other takers?

Dave, I did search on backlight, but found nothing good, if you come across that post, point it out, it's lost in the fog.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:08 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
Awww....

Well maybe we should cook up an anniversary ROM. Give me some ideas on what you want cooked in, taken out, changed..
Now that's a quality Dev that's willing to put out a new ROM for his faithful followers and not only cook something up but ask for suggestions on what people would like in it, top notch!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 01:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

Klepto12 is just getting started

i for one have used NRGZ rom all the way i tried others but have never really liked any others and always came back i wish these roms were still being made but i understand times change and people move on thanks for all the great work NRGZ from us all i can say you have changed our lifes for the better.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

I for one always used an NRG ROM when I had a WM phone also, he's a top notch Dev that only does quality builds and is a perfectionist and always willing to listen to his loyal followers and implement things into his ROM's based on what they wanted, and top of that it was all free, now if that's not dedication then I don't know what is.

I wouldn't say that it's because NRG moved on, I don't know if he did, but to my knowledge no new SYS have came out so he has nothing new to cook, but to come back and talk about an Anniversary ROM is great and I know it's great news to those that still have the TP2.

I know I don't have the TP2 anymore but I learned so much about phones from this thread and the great people in it that I always keep this thread up and watch what's going on and what's new and every now and then throw my 2 cents in to help when none of the great people from the thread are around.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

And we learned a lot from you too my friend.

David
Old 09-25-2011, 11:25 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
And we learned a lot from you too my friend.

David
Liar, Liar, pants on fire lol. Sup Dave! How's the clinicals and stuff going? You still rocking that Evo and TP2 or what?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development