PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 12:33 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |July 4| 21916|29022 * Sense 2021 + flavors

I'm running the titanium ROM and I have to say it's pretty awesome. Most of the included apps are useful and without Sense it runs as fast as it should with enough ram to keep gps music and communication going all at once.

I am having an issue with charging though. I cleaned out my usb port and it is still persisting.

When I plug in and select active sync I get a charge current of 89ma, when I plug in in mass storage mode I get a charge current of 429ma. Still well below the 800 or so I get when plugged into a wall charger. This looks like that no matter what you have check about charging when connected to a computer it chooses not to.

the included tBattery app is also not registering the charge current, I have to use battery monitor to see what the charge current is. I have a Telus RHOD500, SIM unlocked running on Roger's EDGE network most of the time.

Last edited by briggs; 09-21-2011 at 12:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:11 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasim View Post
After boot at start sucking battery ...
Update:
Oh, totally forgot, i didn't do Sprint provisioning.
I will try with this Flash. I hope this was it.
Thanx Mate.
2 people having battery issues... it's getting older, batteries don't last as long, look in wiki under "B". Don't use animation, reduce your mail checking, weather, etc.. make sure it is sleeping when not in use... I've flashed every ROM, none that I can see have specific issues. Ensure your set to a low brightness, screens suck the most.

Re. Sprint provisioning, you shouldn't need to run, as it's built in... however, there was something a few months back I found that didn't work without it... can't remember, just do it... won't hurt anything

Nice summary kyderr, will put that one through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
I'm running the titanium ROM and I have to say it's pretty awesome.
...I am having an issue with charging though. I cleaned out my usb port and it is still persisting.
**edit** guilty of reading too fast deleted info, see post next page.
AND aren't you the same one saying XDAndroid running on your SD chip screwed up your phones radio?!!
LOL
I just gotta say, NOT
In 2 years and 10,000 posts, can't say I've heard of that one either. I'm thinking you've got a POS TP2, has it been dropped?

Last edited by teradog; 09-23-2011 at 12:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmant View Post
Something I noticed useing CHT 2.0 - if you go into CHTeditor and edit your pages & levels, then change your Home Swipe levels to Lowest 0 and your Widget Pages (portrait) to 3, then go to Edit Home Layout (be on Level 0) and edit Extra Space - slide right and delete all the widgets - then slide all the way left and you will find a rouge widget for restart in the upper left corner (once I deleted this I havent had any problems with widets moving around randomly in 2.0 - just thought I would let people know about it, since you won't see it unless you set up the CHTeditor pages & levels and delete the toggle switch widgets (which will have moved into the extra space area) the way I stated above.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
Are you kidding me? Is this really a fix for the CHT2000 widget dance? How come no one else has mentioned this? Anyone else try this technique? I'll flash back to a cht2000 rom if it's true.
Hmm. A possible decent excuse to flash a CHT2000 back on a test device... wow. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try this during the weekend. If kyderr gets to it before I do and confirms the workaround... then I'd send newmant a virtual bear hug lol.

Last month I blew away the last flash/device with CHT2000 on it because the "randomly" moving (kyderr's dancing) shortcuts was driving me to my breaking point. I've been running CHT185 on all the TP2s I support now.

The only other thing I wish they (the CHTE team) fixed is CHTEditor2xxx correctly importing from the command line. Importing .CHT from XDAUC is busted for users that have a multiple page layout greater than 3. But that request on the XDA thread went dead months ago. Another reason I gave up on CHT2000...
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
I am having an issue with charging though. I cleaned out my usb port and it is still persisting.

When I plug in and select active sync I get a charge current of 89ma, when I plug in in mass storage mode I get a charge current of 429ma. Still well below the 800 or so I get when plugged into a wall charger. This looks like that no matter what you have check about charging when connected to a computer it chooses not to.
First, if you lookup the standard specs on how much a USB 2.0 port on a computer can deliver you will see it is MAX 500ma. So what you are seeing is typical. With signalling over head you will likely never see beyond 450ma charging from a desktop or laptop USB port.

Most recent USB wall chargers have the data pins shorted to meet the new USB charger specs to deliver up to 1000ma. So you seeing 800+ ma while hooked up to you HTC wall charger is standard behavior as well.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I pledge a free thanks button press for the man or woman who confirms the CHT 2000 proposed work around for the widget dance. I have a test machine to try it on. But it is at the office and I am not for a least a week.

Right now I am playing with the backlight settings trying to get it so that the light sensor will set the backlight to it's lowest setting in the dark. The only way I have found to get it that low is to set it manually. Hmmmm. Perhaps there is a way to set the zoom bar to control the brightness. That would be cool...
Old 09-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I just wanted to take a minute to say happy anniversary to NRGZ and this thread. Two years ago NRGZ unlocked the power of our TP2's, and lets face it thats like a decade in phone years.

I don't know if he realized it, but he was doing more than just improving our phones. He created a community, an education program and a hobby all at once, and I would like to thank him for the great ride.

I would also like to thank all the great people on this thread who have supported and helped keep this thread alive and thriving for the last 2 years, even after many name that used to be common place have come and gone.

So happy anniversary to all, and here is to another great 2 years!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:46 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I pledge a free thanks button press for the man or woman who confirms the CHT 2000 proposed work around for the widget dance. I have a test machine to try it on. But it is at the office and I am not for a least a week.

Right now I am playing with the backlight settings trying to get it so that the light sensor will set the backlight to it's lowest setting in the dark. The only way I have found to get it that low is to set it manually. Hmmmm. Perhaps there is a way to set the zoom bar to control the brightness. That would be cool...
Its been a while but I seriously seem to remember that being posted about a year ago or 1,976,237 or so posts back give or take a thousand or so posts.

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
I just wanted to take a minute to say happy anniversary to NRGZ and this thread. Two years ago NRGZ unlocked the power of our TP2's, and lets face it thats like a decade in phone years.

I don't know if he realized it, but he was doing more than just improving our phones. He created a community, an education program and a hobby all at once, and I would like to thank him for the great ride.

I would also like to thank all the great people on this thread who have supported and helped keep this thread alive and thriving for the last 2 years, even after many name that used to be common place have come and gone.

So happy anniversary to all, and here is to another great 2 years!
If I could hit the "Thanks" button a thousand times for this post, I would.

David
Old 09-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Unlimited is um, limited

awwww man, I'm jonesing for a flash, but I can't. I am now waiting on my 5th TP2 in less than a month (18 days!!) and haven't unlocked due to the restrictions on the unlocker.

Over the last three weeks I've learned that I really miss the functions, convenience, simplicity and all of the other great things that come along with a custom ROM, particularly NRG's ROM's.

So without my NRG fix, I've been suffering with the Sprint vanilla ROM and having to reload everything on my phone on average, every 5 days. Hopefully the TP2 that I'm being sent will work perfect - although the 0/5 track record is a bit distressing - and I will finally be able to unlock it and load the July 4th NRG/Cookie. oh, how I miss it.

David
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:29 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

My TP2 finally died...

I am off to Android land. Thanks NRGZ for everything, you made my TP2 experience better.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development