PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 12:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |May 14| 21916|29020 * Sense 2021 + flavors

running the standard ROM and its running pretty well, i still wish he would put the reference version back up but this suits my needs for now. like always it kind of starts acting up after a week or so, so i usually do a hard reset every saturday. thanks for the updates
Old 06-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPRO2
Carrier: Sprint

yjjadara is a n00b

Could you help me?

How can I revert the font to stock font ?

I am using ur sprint version "|ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |May 14| 29020 * Sense 2021 + flavors" . standard version.

Actually, I would like to install 3rd input/output Handwriting Recognition app for using Korean. (DioPen 8.0)
http://www.diostore.com/?ui=shop_Sho...&Sort=&pages=1
Before I use it, I think I have to revert to the stock fonts.

from your wiki..
"...You have to revert to the stock fonts BEFORE you start messing with fonts. Most font changing apps dont take into account custom fonts..." (NRGZ)

Thank you for your effort,
AA
Old 06-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

doeeeees is a n00b

I have had extra time lately to try to improve my tp2 experience and this is what I came up with on the energy rom. Thought others would like to know. Comments on alternatives would be appreciated.

Lock screen: Preferred S2U2 over the android one that came with the rom. I used the android one for quite some time and it was always quick to respond.

Start menu replacement: I have been using the panel view but I always had trouble clicking the links and a refresh issues. I switched to MMAppLauncher and it seems low on memory and very quick to respond.

RSSfeedtab: Works great and added a link to the tab on my cookie homepage.

WiMoSpeed: Used OCT1.5 for a long while and tried early version of WiMoSpeed and it didn’t work out. Made the switch again to the newest version and everything works great at 748.8.

RadarWeather v1.0 Tab: It worked and looked cool but it is kinda buggy. I removed it after a couple of days. Would like an alterative to predict what time of day it’s going to rain. Currently use the GPSweatherRadar to estimate when rain is going to hit.

CHTscheduler: Automatically changes my phone to vibrate when I am at work and when I leave it switches to loud its awesome.

Is there a way to remove ring tones, images, and unnecessary files under the windows directory? I remembered back in the day removing files from windows on a PC like help and junk files would make the system respond much faster. If I recall correctly I got win95 down to 45mb and it was much speedier on an older system.

I also created a link on my cookie homepage to open windows messenger not the htc one. “\windows\tmail.exe” –service “SMS”” . The HTC one would frequently be slow to respond when sliding out the keyboard and sometime a weird graphics issues would result.

Energy Rom is great I have about 60 apps and games and I couldn’t ask for much more of a better experience. Thanks for all of the hard work NRG!!!

Last edited by doeeeees; 06-22-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

doeeeees is a n00b

Could this be used to reduce the size of the PNG files with no quality reduction. psydk.org - PngOptimizer
Old 06-22-2011, 09:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doeeeees View Post
Is there a way to remove ring tones, images, and unnecessary files under the windows directory? I remembered back in the day removing files from windows on a PC like help and junk files would make the system respond much faster. If I recall correctly I got win95 down to 45mb and it was much speedier on an older system.
Yes.

Google for htcRIE_0.7.0.46.

Has to be done to the NBH file before flashing the ROM.

Just be careful on what you remove. Sometimes there are tie ins to exe files and others that you are not aware of till later on....

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:19 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
Yes.

Google for htcRIE_0.7.0.46.

Has to be done to the NBH file before flashing the ROM.

Just be careful on what you remove. Sometimes there are tie ins to exe files and others that you are not aware of till later on....
or another option would be to download and flash Titanium and then he would be down to just about the bare minimum anyways, plus once the ROM is flashed and booted he can hook the phone up to the computer and then go in and delete pictures, sounds and other stuff to further reduce the footprint of the ROM, but I think if he downloads and flashed that ROM he's going to be happy with the reduced footprint of it from the get go. This is not really directed towards you, but to add to what you said and I didn't see his post to quote, I must be getting old and blind lol.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I wonder if NRGY is going to update the thread to June 1? Or maybe new ROMs coming?

I have noticed that SMS wakes my phone up everytime. Even with that BSB tweak change. it still wakes up my phone, and when it is in the holster, then buttons start getting hit and random dialing occurs. I will have to check the wiki again.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: Boost

Alvaster is a n00b

Just got the June 1st Standard Energy 21*** version, and regretting it.
CDMA TP2 on Boost Mobile, Data NOT WORKING.
Data was working on the April 21 Energy Rom I had before this new flash.
Sprint Provisioning didn't work, neither did Auto Data Config. Hating that there's no update profile option here.
How do I get data working again on this ROM? Any help would be appreciated.
If anyone knows where to get the April 21st ROM, it's be greatly appreciated. All google links point to roms that have been updated to this new version.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Almost a VIP

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Flashed June 5th 21916 Titanium ROM.

Noticed a some issues:

1. The ActiveSync Icon covers up the signal meter on the taskbar (not sure if this is just a theme issue but no mater what theme I choose, they all do it. Its very annoying)
2. Outlook Reply All does not read the Registry Keys to change this to Reply. Have set the key in registry: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\ShowRelyAll EmailSK1. Setting this to 0 on 29020 rom changed the left softkey to Reply. But not on 21916. Using the BsB Tweaks does not change this either
3. Verizon ## Codes do not work at all. None of them work. Not sure if this is the same in 29020 ROM as I didn't have a chance to try them. Is there CAB or Registry to update these to try and get them to work?
4. Battery life seems horrible on this (using IPhone Today with this rom, ActiveSync to grab Company email, 200+ contacts not on ActiveSync, Hotmail account set to grab email when they arrive, GMail account checking every 30 minutes. No weather installed). Possibly the device is never sleeping. Can't seem to get the battery to last thru 1 day with minimal use.
5. Stock Phone Canvas/Dialer does not work with the smart dialing. When you type in the number it does not show the numbers/contacts that match like it does with the HTCPhonecanvas. What is strange, is the values are actually there and it does pull them up but it does not show them in the window (looks like the font color is wrong so it does not show up).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

Agentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuff

I have moved to the dark side (Andriod on the HTC Merge.) I would like to thank everyone for all of their help and a HUGE thank you to NRG for all of his hard work and dedication! I might be in from time to time, good luck to you all!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development