PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 01:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VX6900
Carrier: Verizon

chunnel is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |May 14| 21916|29020 * Sense 2021 + flavors

I have 2 TP2's on Verizon. I found your ROM's recently and they have basically fried one battery, and almost fried the other one. I had to go back to Mighty ROM just to prevent any more damage. When I say fried, I mean dead, completely dead. The remaining battery turns the phone off suddenly if I disconnect power and then after turning it back on, it'll stay on until hitting about 80% left of battery then it will just shut off completely. I can turn it back on, but if the screen turns off, the battery shuts the phone off. The whole thing is bizarre, but it happened exactly the same on 2 TP2's.

I have ordered an aftermarket battery that has 3,000 mAmp's. But my concern is that if the new batteries make the phones work properly again, I would like to run Energy as it is far superior to any other ROM, but I don't want to destroy another battery. Is this overclocked? If so, how do I disable this?
Old 06-15-2011, 01:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

These are not overclocked. That is really strange, I have flashed Energy's ROMs multiple times over the last year or more using multiple batteries (have 3 spares for hunting) have not experienced any of these issues. Batteries are still going strong for my semi-retired TP and for my Arrive. I hope someone can give you some insight on your problem. I can't remember any posts regarding this issue. Good luck and don't give up if this is the ROM you like. There are many current users here ready to help.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc tp2 verizon
Carrier: vodaphone

krazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunnel View Post
I have 2 TP2's on Verizon. I found your ROM's recently and they have basically fried one battery, and almost fried the other one. I had to go back to Mighty ROM just to prevent any more damage. When I say fried, I mean dead, completely dead. The remaining battery turns the phone off suddenly if I disconnect power and then after turning it back on, it'll stay on until hitting about 80% left of battery then it will just shut off completely. I can turn it back on, but if the screen turns off, the battery shuts the phone off. The whole thing is bizarre, but it happened exactly the same on 2 TP2's.

I have ordered an aftermarket battery that has 3,000 mAmp's. But my concern is that if the new batteries make the phones work properly again, I would like to run Energy as it is far superior to any other ROM, but I don't want to destroy another battery. Is this overclocked? If so, how do I disable this?
dude not possible...have been using nrg roms since the time i got the tp2 and have never had any problems with the battery. maybe its a hardware issue? just no explanation for this behaviour and i am sure no one here has ever had this problem!

phone pyramid
imate kjam to asus P527 to HTC Touch Pro 2
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

blunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunnel View Post

Very weird..Hundreds of phones and thousands of posts and not seen this. What is common between these two phones? Do you use the same charger? Power surge or lightning strike overnight while charging? Some odd setting or battery cab that you installed on both? Both phones exposed to moisture or extreme heat?...hmmmm
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by howhi05 View Post
On a side note i actually prefer using the sense messaging app compared to the standard windows mobile one.
I have been using the HTC Messaging app for a while from here. A lot of people tried it but stopped due to the issues, but i found with newer sense builds it becomes more and more stable with the ROM. Plus with the 2015 version you maintain your winmo messaging app to send/receive MMS. similar to the Leo dialer we had, it adds the facebook picture to your threads and just looks more fluid with sense as a whole.

Only issue i ran into was the Message Restoring bug usually when i send MMS, but if i delete it and then empty deleted items and reset it usually goes away.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:16 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

.. bump .. 29022 should be in the pipe, would like this set of ROMs to all work ..

Opera favs/bookmarks not working..
Please go vote for this issue :>))

PLEASE DO THIS NOW... you know i'd do it for you... simply click link & vote.. thanks.

Click here, Vote: up arrow please: http://energyrom.userecho.com/dash/t...2-not-working

lol, hey koz.. (below) thanks for the vote... takes about the same amount of time as it does to hit your thanks button!
You'd think the way people ask for thanks in their sig's, they may notice a direct link between their reputation number & my name, especially a vote... may even double down :>)) just let me know... post, pm, what ever.. (naw dem ders som ezy pickns!)

.. supposedly rumor had it 29022 was to be the final... it's been out since end of May I think around time NRG came out with his 2nd 29020... and if it's the last one.. I'd really like Opera to work.. (doubt it, but u never know :>)) (I've been hanging for months on the Opera deal..)

...then I'll re-retire... HEY... look at my avatar man... Bret Favre retired from GB first! lol

Wonder what happened to MONFRO? HEY MONFRO.. got any updates on that?

Last edited by teradog; 06-15-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
.. bump .. 29022 should be in the pipe, would like this set of ROMs to all work ..

Opera favs/bookmarks not working..
Please go vote for this issue :>))

PLEASE DO THIS NOW... you know i'd do it for you... simply click link & vote.. thanks.

Click here, Vote: up arrow please: http://energyrom.userecho.com/dash/t...2-not-working
voted for ya

You're gunna have to change the "retired" if you keep posting LOL
Old 06-16-2011, 12:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

SprintUserHTC is a n00b

Just some input on chunnel's battery issue. I've been flashing NRG's roms on 2 TP2's since October and have never had an issue with the batteries. Were you using aftermarket batteries when it happened?
Old 06-16-2011, 03:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG LS855

t-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Put in my vote to try to help get this issue resolved for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintUserHTC View Post
Just some input on chunnel's battery issue. I've been flashing NRG's roms on 2 TP2's since October and have never had an issue with the batteries. Were you using aftermarket batteries when it happened?
Agreed, there are so many of us that have repeatedly flashed Energy ROMS without experiencing this issue that it is clear that chunnel's problem is unrelated to the ROM.

Last edited by t-bob; 06-16-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I flashed 2x just this morning without battery troubles at all. Probably around 30 flashes in the last 3 months testing....using seidio battery without issues.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development