PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2010, 03:10 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 8| 21916|21684 * Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdappcgeek View Post
Teradog is 0 still your pagepool of choice?
your busting me now... :>))
I'm still on 681 lol!!! My 2 prereq's for next flash were.. insure NK patch cooked in & final cookie... even though I no longer use it, having it & sense within a 5 second check box option gives me a security blanket... and I like to play with it once in a while... I hate to be one of those spb menu touting looooosers.. but, with NRG ROM, built in apps, and start menu layout Panel option, iphone (horrible name) today screen with spb running on top... I have no more need to flash.. & typically run 110 MB of RAM.

So, looooooong answer.. yes, zero is my preferred... but when I flashed 681 I hadn't tried anything but zero for 5 flashes so I tried default... which I'm still on
Will be flashing to 684 very soon, will try titanium with SPB & easytoday/iphone first zero pp, then probably go back to regular cookie w/ spb/easy/ip..

Is this the final cookie by the way? was sick for a week, still catching up
Old 11-10-2010, 03:21 AM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 8| 21916|21684 * Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
So MMS for Sprint is fixed and the size is 5 Megs... What else do I need to work on ? I wish Teradog had IM so we can chat in realtime.. (hint hint.. nudge nudge)..
Hey, good job this round... FYI some issues with a complete ROM pkg, in many DL's, had to copy nbh over to an old build... #27931
IM... ummmm OK, been a while, use to have a few of them, can't remember where & accounts & passwords, will look into

Palringo suppose to work.. haven't done that in a while either, catching up from sick, and now new ROMs with changes & FAQ... busy! Oh, yea... life too.. will get my act together soon

Last edited by teradog; 11-10-2010 at 03:35 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
hey swlaraut, wondered where you went.. good to hear.. a new TP2!! nice.
So, in the howto link in my sig step VII I think has the instructions to do the start menu replacement manually.. which is what started all this.. however, you don't get the nice panel menu.. but you can get the sense (OTC or FDC is the same), and compact is just quick menu, simple man! You want a rocket? get rid of sense & cookie too, never ever thought I'd even look @ spb, but it's where cookie might be in a year & then it shaves off another 20 MB of RAM on top of that!
settings, start menu layout, compact
Thanks for the reply. I do have a rocket. Not only did I stop using cookie, I went old school and am using the 10/28 2.1 rom. I am OC'd at 748 and running quik menu, once you get used to the old program panel layouts this baby flies. I think that was why I was not impressed with the HTC Desire, even with the 1gig processer.

What I really want is the "panel"menu option in the new roms. Qmenu is OK, but do you or anyone have a menu replacement that compares to the panel layout?
Old 11-10-2010, 03:50 AM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
Thanks for the reply. I do have a rocket. Not only did I stop using cookie, I went old school and am using the 10/28 2.1 rom. I am OC'd at 748 and running quik menu, once you get used to the old program panel layouts this baby flies. I think that was why I was not impressed with the HTC Desire, even with the 1gig processer.

What I really want is the "panel"menu option in the new roms. Qmenu is OK, but do you or anyone have a menu replacement that compares to the panel layout?
lol, panel is about the only one you can't get!! if i weren't using spb (imo who's "Launcher" startmenu & octo cube task switcher are better yet..), I'd look into it... guessing NRG either built it or grabbed one on xda & fixed it.. If you haven't been around much, have you tried the new one NRG may be cooking in soon? Suppose to be real nice..

*edit* Winstart start menu, thanks to Monfro, here: #27792
Vid & DL here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=827006
If you like the orig NRG & Panel, then you should like this one!

Oh, BTW: Thanks to ooxteme for starting this thread about SKYFIRE dire (DOA).. there's now a replacement.. uZard browser... does flash & channel surfing dot net..

Last edited by teradog; 11-10-2010 at 04:03 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:55 AM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by bickelk View Post
Nov 8 Titanium rom?
All ROM's for DL are in the first couple of posts always..
I link them all in a post usually for convenience & to organize better, one spot for all ROM's instead of 3 different hotfile locations, shrink the text size down, easy to get whole picture, etc..

Here they are..
Energy.RHODCDMA.21684.Titanium.Nov.09.7z

Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Titanium.Nov.09.7z
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
lol, panel is about the only one you can't get!! if i weren't using spb (imo who's "Launcher" startmenu & octo cube task switcher are better yet..), I'd look into it... guessing NRG either built it or grabbed one on xda & fixed it.. If you haven't been around much, have you tried the new one NRG may be cooking in soon? Suppose to be real nice..

*edit* Winstart start menu, thanks to Monfro, here: #27792
Vid & DL here: [APP](05-Nov-2010) New Start Menu Beta_2 - xda-developers
If you like the orig NRG & Panel, then you should like this one!

Oh, BTW: Thanks to ooxteme for starting this thread about SKYFIRE dire (DOA).. there's now a replacement.. uZard browser... does flash & channel surfing dot net..
WOW, winstart is great!! It was just what I wanted. That's what you miss when you leave for a while. I thanked all involved.

It sucks about skyfire. Will try the new one. For viewing this forum and other big pages, I use UCBrowser. Its really fast and a great addition to your browser line up

Last edited by swlaraut; 11-10-2010 at 05:04 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Israel is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel View Post
Thanks to all who responded promptly about my problem regarding the sms.

However I have not been able to fix the problem.
1) I did a task 29
2) re-flashed stock ROM
3) task 29 again.
4) flashed Energy ROM Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.GTX.Nov. 08
5) used NRG.ROM.Sprint.MMS.Settings-Boushh.cab
6) and just in case also used NRGZ28 HTC Messaging Client (All Sense 2.5 ROMs).cab as well.

I will flash Energy.RHODCDMA.21684.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.GTX.Nov. 08.7z tonight and hope I can finally resolve this issue.

I also have another question, where is the "update prl" or the "update ??" in the settings menu of other ROM's but not here on the Energy ROM's?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you all!

Well NO luck

I will be heading to the Sprint Repair center to see what the HELL is wrong with my inability to receive Text messages. I already have installed original sprint ROM from HTC web site. hoping to resolve real soon.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

So what exactly does the sprint provisioning cab do? I have Sprint and never run it and have no problems at all. From some of the messaging it appears that on the Nov 8th release it does set the SMS/MMS limit from 5 back to 1 MB, but I'm curious as to why you need to run it?

dave
Old 11-10-2010, 08:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Orange

Monfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on rep
21684 08nov Standard

I have just installed 21684 08nov Standard, with XDA_UC installing among the others CHT1.7.1.

This build eats less ram than 21683: i set my pagepool to 20mb and now i have a total of 183.5mb instead of 179mb on the older version.

This build seems fast.

I see that the dialer cooked in is the old one...with the keypad icon overlap and without the contact pictures shown, so i decided to put in my signature the link to "my" dialer.

Arkswitch is version 1.2, but i see no differences with the older one.

I did not test the other fixes...everything is working fine:
another great rom from our master chef!!!
Old 11-10-2010, 09:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

friedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Did my weekly Irene Cara (a.k.a. Flashdance)

* 21864 cookie 2.0 .sencity 11/8
* Set PP to 0
* Using Compact Start Menu
* Ninja Duck OCT 1.5
* Maxx Battery
* D3D Drivers
* Roaming CAB
* Raphael Net Speed CAB

This is the first time in a while I have seen a difference (decrease) in lag time. I've also experienced 0 freezes since installing 12 hrs ago.

One other difference - I am putting Blazin Android on hold until they get bluetooth working. So I put my SIM card back in. I do not know if it is a placebo effect, but my radio reception for phone and data has improved by 1-2 bars in my office (where I typically get 0 or 1 bar of service).

I know this is not the forum, but are there any good games for this phone? I'm bored with Need for Speed, and I no longer use Bubble Bird because it always starts my wireless connection without my permission.

Go NRG! Go Wiki!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development