PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 2| 21916|21683 * Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by phalkon30 View Post
I found 2.0 to be frustratingly slow on the TP2. It would randomly get near lockups doing normal tasks and had lots of issues for me switching between landscape and portrait. I really couldn't find any advantages to using it and have been MUCH happier with my phone now that I'm back on classic cookie.
Sounds like CHT 1.8.5 may be the best pairing with NRG for a TP2. I didnt realize 2.0 was so much slower...
Old 11-03-2010, 03:22 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 2| 21916|21683 * Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
Sounds like CHT 1.8.5 may be the best pairing with NRG for a TP2. I didnt realize 2.0 was so much slower...

dont load it up with a bunch of widgets and you'll be just fine. if not overclock to help make up the difference!!!!

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 11-03-2010, 03:23 PM
sly
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

sly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
I just flashed the 21683 sencity Nov 2 ROM. I notice that on this on and the Oct 20 when I long press the end key the popup screen no longer has the wifi/bluetooth options.

I thought that this was updated to include the additional options, did it get lost somewhere? I know it worked on one of the earlier versions.

thanks
dave
By popular demand, NRG reverted the long press end key back to previous options. (I think the switch happened at the Oct.25 ROM) So people like me got their "Lock device" option back but people like you lost the BT/wifi option.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:10 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Or, you can tap just below it on the slider/magnification bar to make it go away too.

David
lol, never noticed that one before.. i dont use the slider for shit just about... it also makes the keyboard pop-up as well... learn something new everyday i suppose
Old 11-03-2010, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2

jagat is just getting started

i'm coming from sprint diamond to tp2
i use tcpmp that comes with NRG ROM...it plays subtitles fine but VIDEO keeps FREEZING ANY SOLUTIONS? i do use GDI mode in TCPMP
Old 11-03-2010, 04:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 25| 21916|21683 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdappcgeek View Post
What about adding to the list:

-Insert picture is sometimes greyed out (when creating a new txt msg)

also:
From looking at a picture (full screen) in the htc album, if you click the send to: Messages, it just opens up a standard txt msg.... not a picture mail with the photo already attached. Further: after it opens up the standard txt msg, it's now one of the times you cant insert photo cause it's greyed out

I haven't figured out the rhyme or reason to this but I haven't spent a lot of time trying either. I believe this has to do with the the htc album version?

....but that wouldn't explain why insert photo is greyed out sometimes
To send a mms when looking at a picture (full screen), choose e-mail and not messages. Once the next screen appears, choose arcsoft mms picture (I'm assuming nrg cookes arcsoft into the ROM). It will then open arcsoft with the picture inserted for you. I was having the same issue with my ROM and it took me a bit to figure out I just need to choose e-mail. I think the messages option is made to tie into HTC Messaging Client, which does not work for CDMA.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:29 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagat View Post
i'm coming from sprint diamond to tp2
i use tcpmp that comes with NRG ROM...it plays subtitles fine but VIDEO keeps FREEZING ANY SOLUTIONS? i do use GDI mode in TCPMP
not sure about TCPMP, but when I use coreplayer, i have to disable (turn off) Sense UI for videos to play properly. It's because SenseUI uses up too much RAM.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 11-03-2010, 05:51 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 25| 21916|21683 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
To send a mms when looking at a picture (full screen), choose e-mail and not messages. Once the next screen appears, choose arcsoft mms picture (I'm assuming nrg cookes arcsoft into the ROM). It will then open arcsoft with the picture inserted for you.
thanks added (still out of thanks)

"..tomorrow you'll get me full time from 8 am to 3 pm (PST)"
FYI: ONLY 10 min LEFT!? Rain check NRG?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2

jagat is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
not sure about TCPMP, but when I use coreplayer, i have to disable (turn off) Sense UI for videos to play properly. It's because SenseUI uses up too much RAM.
well i use spb mobile shell ..still TCPMP lags...for mp4 with subtitle(.SRT) using GDI
Old 11-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
To send a mms when looking at a picture (full screen), choose e-mail and not messages. Once the next screen appears, choose arcsoft mms picture (I'm assuming nrg cookes arcsoft into the ROM). It will then open arcsoft with the picture inserted for you. I was having the same issue with my ROM and it took me a bit to figure out I just need to choose e-mail. I think the messages option is made to tie into HTC Messaging Client, which does not work for CDMA.
Well done! Great tip! Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development