PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

kenlewisesq is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Dialer with contact pictures shown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monfro View Post
Hi,
i had some spare time and i wanted to look better the whole dialer thing.
The dialer i posted some days ago is working well, but it included a lot of files that are already cooked in (so it takes a lot of rom space).
I removed the Contact Picker part, as the Appointment Editor one, leaving only the files about the dialer itself.
The dialer now is 2.5MB, instead of 6.5MB of the old version.
I didn't wrote the amount of free rom i had before installing this...but for sure this dialer takes really less space!!
I restored NRGZ's icon for the keypad.

You can download it from here

IMPORTANT:
- Before installing KILL CPROG (with Arkswitch or dotfred Task Manager)
- This Dialer is only for WM6.5.X (for example 21682, 23569, 23138...)

Thanks for the great work. Any chance you know how to eliminate the End Call button on the Call Status screen when in a call? Since the Keyboard screen has the end call button and there is a physical end call button I find the duplicate on the Call Status screen to not only not be necessary but to also be prone to allowing error (I hit it when I am trying to mute or unmute my phone).
Old 10-28-2010, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - Sprint

b727pilot is just getting started
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 25| 21916|21683 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
well you can make a folder on your sd card and keep all the cabs that you want to install in that folder for quick load up/install, i don't use it but you can also use xda uc to load up cabs automatically after a fresh flash to a new rom. me personally all i use is pim backup, it backs up emails, texts, contacts, calendar and appointments, i personally like to go through and set things up myself and that does two things, i can make sure that things are set up right and no old registry strings are brought over from the last rom and it gives me a chance to familiarize myself with the rom and all the goodies that it has, check out stuff from teradog and davetn they both have links to a lot of information concerning this rom series. on a side not it shouldn't take you that long to set everything up, takes me an hour at the very most and that's if i'm doing other things also and messing with the phone in between.

just try the one of the battery cabs yourself, it's a cab so install it and soft reset and then see if it works out for you, if it doesn't just go into remove programs and uninstall it and soft reset, all back to normal.

guys you need to start trying things yourself and exploring what all the rom has to offer and not wait for others to do it, someone has to test things out and the worse that can happen is you have to hard reset, live life on the edge and be the first to try something and then share your knowledge with others and get those rep points up.

I understand what is involved with the cab and I think that the original poster was going to test the different battery cab's. I was only asking him to report his findings. I have tired several in the past but I the ones I found that seemed to work may have only been a placebo effect. This is what I was asking from the original poster.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

tyzcdb243 is a n00b
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 25| 21916|21683 * Sense 20

Thank you very much, but I don't seem to be able to get it running. I have windows 7 X64, WMDC 6.1, and HTC TP2 (sprint). Is there any one who can help me? Thanks.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - Sprint

b727pilot is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by saj070 View Post
OK i did install both battery cab and i was using 1% battery monitor

Now i am using the 10% battery monitor which comes with the 2 cabs i install suggested by KIOW69 and it seems to work better form what i can tell.

i use to lose 10% every hour now 10% every 2 hours i think i can live with that..

Thanks all..

Yes we need to start testing more.

I do have all the cabs and programs i want to install on my Sd card/Cab folder i created so easy to install on any new roms..

All i was looking for was if there was an app - script were it would do it all for you. lol heheheh sorry i think we are getting spoiled and silver spoon fed

i do like SPB backup for contacts and full restore just incase i have to hard reboot.

Hey Saj070,

Just wondering if you are having the same issue as I am (as far as battery usage). I was poking around and found that my data was connected for 19+ hours. I went into start/internet/data controller and adjusted the amount of time before data will time out. If you press menu it gives you the option to "configure connection timeouts". I have adjusted this and it seems to be working better for me. Now this may be a another placebo effect. Will have to see how things go during the day tomorrow. Let me know if you try it and if it works for you or not.

Has anyone noticed the issues with the beeps/clicks if the hardware buttons is selected in start/settings/sounds & Notifications? This is bugging me as to why I keep getting the beeps/clicks if this is selected. Easy enough fix, just uncheck it but just wondering why?

Thanks all!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Shift 4G

prboy1969 is keeping up the good workprboy1969 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Hey, first you missed the chance on the post above you :>)) (timely lol) (you guys gotta help some of these now :>))

yes
re. what it does... I attached the link to the detailed discussion & a high level summary... no sense in me restating it.. please see link.. *edit* errrr at least I thought I did... hold on I'll take a look...
*edit* here you go:
xda-developers - View Single Post - Latest Windows Mobile Builds [SYS|XIP.bin]

hey hey... if NRG is using the ervius kitchen... & using implantxip & payload resizer.. already done! :>))
"If you are using the Implantxip & Payload Resizer v. 1.1 by ervius!!! in your kitchen the NK.exe is automatically patched for nocert thats why I never felt the need to patch the nk.exe separately."
Latest Windows Mobile Builds [SYS|XIP.bin] - Page 121 - xda-developers
or kitchen of Baren:
kitchen of Barin - the nk is patched on demand
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=8719145&highlight=nk.exe+patch#po st8719145

re. 21682: that was then, this is now (21683) always use the latest

Sorry no idea what you mean on the last 1/2 of your post... are you talking about installing the NK patch? If so, again please read the xda link, it's a cooked in thing in the kitchen, not a user patch. That's why everyone is asking if/when NRG is going to cook it in...

So maybe we should twit him to see if already in...

cheers
Thanks for answering my question. Yes, I was talking about maybe installing it in myself. But now I know I can't. Just have to wait for NRG to cook it in, if it's not already in.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

OK I know NRG removed swype from his ROMs due to rules so I installed the cab for Swype 3.9 & it is really sweet!! Im puzzled on why NRG never used it in the first place lol I love it so much I text everybody, even people I dont like that much just to have another opportunity to use it... BTW loving 21683!!!! (just not the battery life)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:05 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
OK I know NRG removed swype from his ROMs due to rules so I installed the cab for Swype 3.9 & it is really sweet!! Im puzzled on why NRG never used it in the first place lol I love it so much I text everybody, even people I dont like that much just to have another opportunity to use it... BTW loving 21683!!!! (just not the battery life)
you & Kiowa have a comedy clinic going? LOL! hmmm lemme see.. i havent got a text from you so you must not dislike me yet...) give us a link.. im lazy 2night
sent via tp2
Old 10-28-2010, 10:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
you & Kiowa have a comedy clinic going? LOL! hmmm lemme see.. i havent got a text from you so you must not dislike me yet...) give us a link.. im lazy 2night
sent via tp2
Here it is: Swype3.9.5032.CAB
Plus that little bug with the contact listing when starting a new text no longer applies!! It works flawlessly
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic S2
Carrier: sprint

saj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by b727pilot View Post
Hey Saj070,

Just wondering if you are having the same issue as I am (as far as battery usage). I was poking around and found that my data was connected for 19+ hours. I went into start/internet/data controller and adjusted the amount of time before data will time out. If you press menu it gives you the option to "configure connection timeouts". I have adjusted this and it seems to be working better for me. Now this may be a another placebo effect. Will have to see how things go during the day tomorrow. Let me know if you try it and if it works for you or not.

Has anyone noticed the issues with the beeps/clicks if the hardware buttons is selected in start/settings/sounds & Notifications? This is bugging me as to why I keep getting the beeps/clicks if this is selected. Easy enough fix, just uncheck it but just wondering why?

Thanks all!
what do you have your internet time out connection ? curently i have nothing checked. What do you recommend ?

i loaded the 2 cabs suggested by KIOWA69 and by now my battery would be almost dead well to my knowledge i still have 60% so i can see huge improvement. i suggest try them 2 cabs posted in the attachment page

1. HYPNOTIC2010 ALL_BATTERY_TWEAKS.cab

2. Maxx134_BatterySaving_ReducePollingIntervals.cab
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:20 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
******* Anyone backing up with SPB just make sure when your restoring you force ROM UPDATE MODE and uncheck the overwrite files!!!!! I do this with every rom update NRG releases without a problem. The only thing i run into every once in awhile is one or two of the shortcuts need to be replaced.
thanks, but could you go into a little more detail for all? like what specifically u still need to do.. cookie import still needed? cab installs etc.. its in the details man...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development