PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

The Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 7| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4u2 View Post
I have been on MightyROM FF for a very long time and I figure there must be something to update to. I was going to use BigMaxSense then read he is pretty much done with TP2 ROMS.
I used to flash Mighty all the time, but since I came across Energy, I haven't really liked anything else. There are a ton of options for everyone, simple to pretty loaded and everything in between.

The fixes and updates that are rolled out are constantly making these ROMs better at a fast pace. I've found it to be the fastest and also the items that are built in allow just the right level of customization (provisioning, start menu, etc.). Also, in my experience, the bases that are released are pretty stable. It's when I start adding cabs, putting 7 home pages on Cookie 2, or way overclocking that I start having issues.

Hope this helps with your decision.

It is better to have searched and searched (and then ask) than never to have searched at all.
If my Comment helped, please hit the thanks button!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:47 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
New EnergyROM lineup from now on... 5 flavors to choose from. Releasing new ROMs with this stuff tonite
thanked, here we go again!!! Yahoo... actually, may sit this one out.. not a theme guy, we'll see.
per your requests a couple pages ago...
WMLongLife settings.
Download here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=478519

Obviously if you talk on the phone straight for 5 hours, this will not help you.
all thanks to Chainfire, a legend programmer @ xda..!
Download here
READ THE FIRST 3 POSTS TWICE!!!

VERY IMPORTANT POINTS:
Uninstallation
Before uninstallation, there are two things you should do:

1) Open the Band Switcher application, and switch to "3G (auto)" mode
2) If you have roaming options enabled, make sure you are NOT roaming when uninstalling
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have done my best to let WMLongLife be as least annoying as possible. The idea is (with the default settings) that a band-switch should occur only once in a phone 'session'. Where by a session I mean a screen-on / use device / screen-off cycle

*** DO NOT:
set WMLonglife to switch from EV to go back to 1x when the application is closed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Copy the WMLongLife.cab file to your device and open it to install it.
  • Go into WMLongLife configuration and make sure to check/configure the following options:
    - Radio / Radio chip model (and GSM band for Samsung radios)
    - Radio / Restart push mail after band switch
    - Roaming - All options
    These are likely to be detected and set correctly, however I advise you check them anyways. Details about these options can be found in the configuration section below.
  • Optional: Go to Start -> Settings -> Personal -> Buttons, and assign a button to the Band Switcher application
  • Soft-reset
The configuration options in WMLongLife are supposed to have "sane defaults", the setup which I expect will work best for most users.

Please note some beta testers have reported they need to soft-reset twice after installation/upgrade before WMLongLife works

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Screen / Vibrate notifications
Very handy for debugging! When this option is enabled, WMLongLife will vibrate when loaded, when ready, and when switching. It may take WMLongLife over a minute to be actually loaded after the device is booted. When it is, it will vibrate very shortly three times (it may feel like a single long vibration). When WMLongLife is ready to allow automatic switching, it will vibrate shortly twice. When WMLongLife actually switches bands, it will vibrate once.

~~~~~~~~~~~`~~~ MY SPRINT SETTINGS ~~~~~~~~~~
The key to my settings was to simply enable 3G on screen light..

3 top tabs
CENTER TAB (cogged wheel) & what should be selected
RADIO
Radio chip model: (CDMA)
3G (auto)
850/1900
Sprint
unck restart push mail (for me.. you can ck it if u need)

SCREEN (select these)
Switch to 3G when the screen turns on
Return control to WMLongLife when the screen turns off
Vibrate Notifications

APPLICATIONS:
Switch to 3G on whitelisted app launch

Wi-Fi: unchecked
USB: unchecked
Data: (only one) disconnect idle connections (60 seconds)
Roaming checked (only one)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3RD TAB
When you use an application for the first time, it'll ask you for the settings.. nice.. I simply uncheck wifi & usb & ensure 3G is checked (I don't use wifi or usb, you may, so ck per your needs)

I set internet sharing to maximum of 60 min & hit the power switch so it stays on when screen is off (I use wifi hotspot always)

These are my settings, hope it helps y'all.
Also, reread the buzz settings, when you turn on your tp2, it'll buzz 3, 2, 1 & then you know it's ready.... also still having a tiny issue on sometimes after a boot, i'll take 20 seconds to auto data (although it turns on Ev right away).

3G = EV (top taskbar)
You will see 1X often. These may not be the best settings by far, but they don't cause major issues for me & then I was happy.

If someone else gets this thing tuned down better please feel free to advise!!
:>))

Last edited by teradog; 10-14-2010 at 03:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:51 PM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

NEW ROMS:
"Touch of Glass" classic cookie ROMs are uploading... half a minute ago via web

Energy.RHODCDMA.21681.Sense2.5.Cookie.Touch.Of.Gla ss.Oct.13.7z 160.0Mb Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.Touch.Of.Gla ss.Oct.13.7z 159.2Mb

Last edited by teradog; 10-13-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

hmmmm....

From twitter:
NRGZ28

1. "Touch of Glass" classic cookie ROMs are uploading...
David
Old 10-13-2010, 09:56 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

waitin for the 2.0 ones......... damit looks like ill be tethering this rom download.....

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 10-13-2010, 10:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Touch of Glass ROMs are up, whoever flashes, can u please post screenshots. Im just curious on what it looks like compared to Dinik Glass!!

EDIT: Also, whoever flashes the new sencity themed ROMs, could u post if the toggle switches were fixed on the 21681 build... Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by DatBoiDame; 10-13-2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:14 PM
VIP Member - Retired

hehe Dave, you're alive... DatBioDame also... look up.. :>))
NRG twitter
By the way.. bonus points for whoever's first to tell me what the new ringtone in the ROMs is.. and where it's from hehe

flash, flash, flash...

Last edited by teradog; 10-13-2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:20 PM
VIP Member - Retired

.sencity ROMs uploading @_LeCiel_
blackstone is up...

ROMs taken down so no one with a tp2 flashes them..

Last edited by teradog; 10-14-2010 at 07:22 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:31 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

do we know if these up are cookie 1.8 or 2.0?
Old 10-13-2010, 10:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
do we know if these up are cookie 1.8 or 2.0?
I was thinkin the same thing since the ROM links werent tagged like they were supposed to be

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development