PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 05:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

rogerjones9 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
agreed the rom is good, but i'll stick by my original statement that it's nothing over the 22nd 23xxx i was already running.

now on your second statement, i don't know what the issue is with people and this bluetooth, what's so hard about using the phone to end a call, granted it's not exactly how it's supposed to be, but come on NRG does an outstanding job with the rest of the rom and gives us multiple updates and does this all for free, give the guy a break, use your handset to end a call.

EYECANDY is the main attraction, but it seems that if another Cook can get the bluetooth to work flawlessly in his rom then NRG should be able to as well. I was bored with the same look, so I switched back to NRG CHT Dinik but if he was able to make the adjustment needed to get bluetooth 100%, this would be an more outstanding ROM than any others.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:55 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
These are the steps i use most of the time when rom flashing;
1. Change pagepool to 12
2. Task 29 everytime i flash
3. Enter Bootloader and flash rom via a Fat 32 formatted sdcard with absolutely nothing on the sdcard except the rom .
4. If i use XDA then i insert a different sd card and then hard-reset the device and let xda run, but only if i know the cabs are solid and dont cause any problems.
5. I setup my data and mms connections manually.
6. I restore my contacts with PIM backup, i only restore contacts and nothing else. I also restore my CHT settings from CHT Editor.
7. Thats it,i think im not forgetting anything. If i have any problems i hard-reset and try again.
Ive already did almost everything u mentioned above and ill try the cpl i havent yet. First im going to delete Arcswitch because ive had problems with it one the past
Could u explain more of what i should look for in HTC folder and are u talking about the HTC folder on my sdcard,device, or the start menu HTC folder?
Not sure if its CHT itself causing screen freezing,SOD, issue because i was running Bhars rom with CHT for months now and never had any problem even close to what im experiencing now, but that wasnt with the Dinik Glass option. Ill reflash try everything on the Aug 25 CHT Dinik Glass rom and if it still doesnt solve the issue then ill try the plain cookie.
Thanks alot for the info and help. Let u know how it goes, and if u think of anything else please let me know.
NICE!! wowsers... ok a more advanced user then !! :>)) LOL
I don't even do all that anymore

"Could u explain more of what i should look for in HTC folder and are u talking about the HTC folder on my sdcard,device, or the start menu HTC folder?"
--> please read the link I post above, toward the bottom \storage card\.. posted many times here also, can't remember right now

Not sure if its CHT itself causing screen freezing,SOD, issue because
--> read the cookie thread @ xda & here, yes... i feel it does cause some of it, don't know why the diff btwn the 2 ROM's.. interesting.

i was running Bhars rom with CHT for months now and never had any problem even close to what im experiencing now,
--> how was the RAM on that one?
--> why did you switch?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

WOW is all I can say at all the issues people are having with EnergyROM. Im only having 2, which arent very important in my style of using the phone.

(1) is the battery drain, the last 4 builds have been fine with me as far as battery life but this one drains horribly. My meter will be around 73% halfway thru the day without ANY use at all really. I've gotten 5 text messages & a total of 10 emails. I dont worry about the drain too much because I keep spare chargers in the car.

(2) is the bluetooth, absolutely horrible but since I dont use it often I wont cry about it. I can do without that feature because the rom is extremely stable for me. NO SOD and NO freezing what so ever.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

friedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

What is the hotfix NRG posted on Twitter?

Hotfix for the "Save to people" bug in the Aug 28th ROMs, courtesty of Pyrobob http://digs.by/c1AciJ

I can't install it If I don't know what it is.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:17 PM
VIP Member

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmjb View Post
What is the hotfix NRG posted on Twitter?

Hotfix for the "Save to people" bug in the Aug 28th ROMs, courtesty of Pyrobob http://digs.by/c1AciJ

I can't install it If I don't know what it is.
+1
I'd like to know what the "save to people" bug is first and see if its something i can see myself on my phone because it may not effect me.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:29 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Anyone running the 23127 GTX and if so how is that running? I downloaded it but have yet to flash it as i just got home from work, so if no ones reported in a little while I'll report what i see, i have a feeling that the battery is not going to be any better than the 23127 Dinik Glass, if it's not then I'll go back to the 22nd Dinik Glass where i was getting outstanding battery.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:41 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
Anyone running the 23127 GTX and if so how is that running? I downloaded it but have yet to flash it as i just got home from work, so if no ones reported in a little while I'll report what i see, i have a feeling that the battery is not going to be any better than the 23127 Dinik Glass, if it's not then I'll go back to the 22nd Dinik Glass where i was getting outstanding battery.
+1
Im charging my phone as we speak... well type LOL. Im preparing to flash back to the Aug.24 Cookie w/ Dinik, maybe even Aug.18. Its hard to choose which one I want to go back to. I just loved the battery life I was getting out of those builds
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:48 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerjones9 View Post
EYECANDY is the main attraction, but it seems that if another Cook can get the bluetooth to work flawlessly in his rom then NRG should be able to as well. I was bored with the same look, so I switched back to NRG CHT Dinik but if he was able to make the adjustment needed to get bluetooth 100%, this would be an more outstanding ROM than any others.
I can definitely agree that this is the best looking ROM hands down. Im pretty sure NRG has taken notice to the bluetooth issue and as soon as he finds a way to fix it & not mess up other parts of the ROM then he will have it in a future release.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Deltatristar500 is keeping up the good workDeltatristar500 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
I can definitely agree that this is the best looking ROM hands down. Im pretty sure NRG has taken notice to the bluetooth issue and as soon as he finds a way to fix it & not mess up other parts of the ROM then he will have it in a future release.
Im sure its not an easy fix of using an older BT stack and keeping everything else on the rom spic and span and everything is in perfect harmony. But fingers crossed that there will be a BT fix since Im a big BT user.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:00 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltatristar500 View Post
Im sure its not an easy fix of using an older BT stack and keeping everything else on the rom spic and span and everything is in perfect harmony. But fingers crossed that there will be a BT fix since Im a big BT user.
We all have to be patient. Nothing about cooking ROMs is easy, u r definitely right

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development