PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

This question is more oriented to NRJ and all the Skilled peeps.

Now that NRJ is using a new core, thus a few things have changed (very minor files).

So will imported NRJ and CHT settings from previous builds to the new Core cause a few minor lagginess or bugs?(because its the small files that matter).

I wanted to know as I love the snappiness of GTX, but I am worried that if I import my JULY setting to the new build, my GTX will not perform as it should.

Thank you

Last edited by bteljuice; 08-11-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:21 AM
smu
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

smu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
Who's NRJ? Sorry, couldn't resist.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by smu View Post
Who's NRJ? Sorry, couldn't resist.
+1 on that...
Old 08-11-2010, 11:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

galonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post

Now that NRJ is using a new core, thus a few things have changed (very minor files).

So will imported NRJ and CHT settings from previous builds to the new Core cause a few minor lagginess or bugs?(because its the small files that matter).

I wanted to know as I love the snappiness of GTX, but I am worried that if I import my JULY setting to the new build, my GTX will not perform as it should.

Thank you
I've just made it standard practice to do all my settings manually on a new/different core or new/different build of Sense to avoid any issues. I will usually import my CHT settings, though, since it's still the same version and hasn't been updated in a while.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:49 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

rebuild from scratch is the ONLY way to make sure... don't think anyone actually knows the answer, if someone claims too... then they've already hit the sauce for the day...

Having said that.... ha! (aug 8, 23128 cookie)

I just used sashimi to install all my cabs & XML files (no reg files), PIM & restored everything, then went to settings export & imported all, then used CHT, menu, import CHT settings...

am overclocking @ 729 with NO SOD's...

This is like having a new phone!

btw, if anyone is having any issues with overclocking anymore, let me know.. there's no reason everyone shouldn't be running at least 35% faster, my chip is much slower than my other TP2 & i'm @ 40%ish.. other one is closer to 50%!!!
*edit* http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=375

Last edited by teradog; 08-11-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
EDIT: I have noticed the new Check boxes, (Dotted "X") I don't like them. They also have a strange behavior that when you check and then uncheck them, they don't clear and are sort of grey. Making it difficult to determine checked status. I liked the regular checks better.
Yeah, I don't like them easier. I thought I was going crazy until I realized that that was the default for the new core of the ROM. Agreed, much more difficult to tell which is checked and which is not, especially if you run at 50% screen brightness like I do.

David
Old 08-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
rebuild from scratch is the ONLY way to make sure... don't think anyone actually knows the answer, if someone claims too... then they've already hit the sauce for the day...

I just used sashimi to install all my cabs & XML files (no reg files), PIM & restored everything, then went to settings export & imported all, then used CHT, menu, import CHT settings...

btw, if anyone is having any issues with overclocking anymore, let me know.. there's no reason everyone shouldn't be running at least 35% faster, my chip is much slower than my other TP2 & i'm @ 40%ish.. other one is closer to 50%!!!
Agreed. While it is a pain to restore everything manually, it really pays off in teh long run. I've always believed that restoring from a backup will always bring along one little setting that will mess everything else up. YMMV.

On a side note, I'm reading all the good results about overclocking so after living life on the burning edge (literally) with my PC, I may now venture out into the world of OC'ing my phone.

Gives me something more to do on my day off besides the long list of things my wife has for me to do.

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:01 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post

Didn't you bash me a few pages back about discussing OC on this thread? haha.

Anyways man, I am glad you are OC now, Gotta love it. Hope all is cool with you. I am running at 768 MHz now
Old 08-11-2010, 12:05 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

23138 cookie pp12 GREAT!
Here's my experience.
I thought Dave was BSing when he claimed 72... I got 77 mb free, wow!!

Used Sashimi & loaded up about 20 cabs (admit-tingly most to storage card) & still have 62 megs after boot.. wowsers... (including all my customizations)

Not sure what gives, but if I remember right, that's about 20 megs more than I use to have!!

MEMORY: I'm now doing this
opera:config>scroll down to user prefs. under user prefs find cache directory4. change /windows/ to /Storage Card/
Running 6 tabs, NO closures or issues... UNREAL

If you need even more memory, I can't underscore the importance of THIS POST.. although don't use it if you're timid & a newbe... Sly attached the HTCRie file on this post also a few pages back. You can also goto the root of this thread & hit the paperclip for all attached files. No more complaining about memory. Read the zillions of threads on the diamond side, it appears they have much less memory to work with & they do it fine..
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo
Carrier: Sprint

teon is just getting started

My battery life with Energy.RHODCDMA.23128.Sense2.5.Cookie.Aug.10 is terrible. 100% goes down to 87% after 1 hr with only 2-3 min open Opera.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development