PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 12:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bondosho is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 24| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

If you don't want to restart your phone every 7 minutes, I highly suggest the Standard Energy rom. It's very fast, and after it settles for a while, it's very stable. CHT should have never been ported to the TP2, or possibly ever created. IMHO, it's a worthless homescreen mod. Seriously, do I need 5 screens with a clock?
Old 07-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Internet tab shortcuts icons

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Yeah, I just duplicated what he is talking about.

On the internet tab, if you add favorites to each of the shortcut icon, the favorite will add but you will just get a white looking globe icon. I'm not sure if that has to do with the particular shortcut icon that is usually provided by the webpage or has something to do with how the Sense internet tab reads the icon file for the webpage. I tried two pages that I know have icons show up in my PC's browser and they dont show up in the internet tab shortcuts. The shortcuts themselves DO work though and have the text below them telling me which page they are.

I'm gonna have to fiddle with this one and see what I can get.

David

Edit: HEY! that was post #600 for me!
Dave you need to slow down i was catching up with you on posts and reputation but all of a sudden your pulling away lol.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 24| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondosho View Post
If you don't want to restart your phone every 7 minutes, I highly suggest the Standard Energy rom. It's very fast, and after it settles for a while, it's very stable. CHT should have never been ported to the TP2, or possibly ever created. IMHO, it's a worthless homescreen mod. Seriously, do I need 5 screens with a clock?
Well, you ARE entitled to your opinion. But I think you are stretching the "restart your phone every 7 minutes" a bit.. well, heck, a WHOLE LOT.

Seriously? Every 7 minutes? I think you may have a problem with yuor phone or some other application that you are running. Possibly a bad flash.

I'm running NRG with CHT and have also run Dinik and it performs flawlessly for me. In fact, on the current CHT I have only reset once or twice by choice in order to troubleshoot for another user.

So seriously, I think you are exaggerating just a weeee bit.

David
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondosho View Post
well sounds like you are doing something wrong if you have to reset every 7 minutes, and not all versions of the ROM are for everyone, that's why their is multiple versions, pick your flavor. and yet again that's your opinion that CHT is worthless, i myself like it and I'm sure 98% of others would agree, not everything that gets made is perfect, so yet again if you don't like it don't use it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:01 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
Dave you need to slow down i was catching up with you on posts and reputation but all of a sudden your pulling away lol.
LOL... I noticed that. I really should be studying for my O-chem final fut flashing roms (and helping those that do) is much more fun than flipping carbons.

David
Old 07-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
LOL... I noticed that. I really should be studying for my O-chem final fut flashing roms (and helping those that do) is much more fun than flipping carbons.

David
Well you know someone in this world has to be smart, so get to studying lol. Yeah I hear you about getting on here and reading and trying to help, I know you have seen that somedays you come in here and see me post like 5 times in a row, I come in here after waking up and you guys are still asleep so I try to catch up on what's going on and try to answer anything that hasn't been answered, damn time difference lol. But I only have about a week left and then I'll be back and on the same time zone
Old 07-28-2010, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: VZN

tyty1978 is keeping up the good worktyty1978 is keeping up the good worktyty1978 is keeping up the good work

you two are both awesome in your willingness to help and be polite about it as well!!!! its funny cause every once in a while there is something i can actually help with but you two are so dang fast on the draw you beat me to it lol keep up the good work guys you have helped lots of noobs and regulars as well!
Old 07-28-2010, 01:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

tekknogenius is just getting started
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 16| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el1nc0mparabl3 View Post
just tested the sprint tv on energyrom and it doesnt work even after installing the provision
For me I need to go to help then watch the tutorial video 1st then back to the shortcuts then it works. It's a bit of a pain, but I don't watch sprinttv that much that it makes too much of an issue.

Sprint TV/Options/Help/Watch Welcome Movie/Done/select tv or radio or premium channel

Note: you don't have to watch the entire welcome movie, just let it start then select done which will return you to the shortcut menu, select your choice from there. Works for me.

Last edited by tekknogenius; 07-28-2010 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Added more information and instructions
Old 07-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyty1978 View Post
you two are both awesome in your willingness to help and be polite about it as well!!!! its funny cause every once in a while there is something i can actually help with but you two are so dang fast on the draw you beat me to it lol keep up the good work guys you have helped lots of noobs and regulars as well!
Thanks - and thanked. I'm just glad that I'm at the point where I am able to contribute back to the community. I've spent a lot of years flashing, fiddling, tinkering and reading posts. Now I'm glad I can give back.

One word of warning (in a kidding sort of way). I'm starting graduate school in October so It's likely that I'll not longer have the time to help. However, I have the entire month of September off (quitting my job I've had for 24 years) so I'll have a little time to wear out my keyboard before I become a book hermit.

Kiowa has been a tremendous help and many of my posts either echo things I have learned from him or work collaboratively.

David

Last edited by DaveTN; 07-28-2010 at 02:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jeerkahn is a n00b
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 17| 21911|23569|23673 * Sense

Has anyone had issues with IVRU's not working after flashing either GTX o Cookie ROM? I can place calls fine, enter numbers into IVRU's with no problems, but after making my selections (1 for english, 3 for cuztomer service etc.) the person on the other end can't hear me.

I've tried both the July 10 23569 CHT and GTX ROM's and they have the same issue.

Is there a cab or setting I am missing? Other than that these ROMs rock

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development