PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

galonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jul 10| 21908|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT66 View Post
Did you try the registry tweak I mentioned in my post # 21017? It will turn off the keyboard rotation which appears to be the problem for this ROM. The only downsides are that it needs to be re-applied after a soft reset (which I sort of solved with mortscript) or if you have a better way, just use my post to refer to the registry entry that needs to be changed.

The other bug is this (and let me say, I feel this would be a rare combination of events but I came across it while sweat testing this and I decided to share it for full disclosure. so everyone can decide for themselves):

(If you haven't added SMS rotation to the G-Sensor app NRG provided with this ROM, then you probably will not have this problem.)

From Sense SMS tab hit menu and reply
turn phone to landscape
open keyboard
close SMS (you should now be back at the Sense SMS tab in landscape with the keyboard open.)
close the keyboard
turn phone back to portrait and you'll notice the phone (all of Sense) stays in landscape.
in order to get it to go back to portrait, you have to open an SMS again and let it rotate back to portrait

Obviously this sounds like a goofy process BUT it is a heck of a lot better than constant soft resets or running without a lock screen. I have tested this "bug" numerous times and Sense recovered every time without a soft reset.
I did just try our registry tweak, and you were right, it is a clunky way to go about it. It does work, but it is a lot to go through in order to get to "normal operation". Thanks anyway

On a side note, I concluded in my long post before yours that I was finally able to use CHT lockscreen at the expense of having to recover Sense by simply re-locking (via standby button on top) and unlocking again on the CHT lockscreen, but I only had to do this if the keyboard was inadvertently slid out by accident while locked. Well, turns out I screwed up that "working" configuration by going back to WM lockscreen to confirm what I posted in that post

Hopefully this will all be fixed in the next release, as I believe it was working in the 7/1 release. I may flash back to find out, that is, if we don't get a newer release anytime soon. I will also post back here if I can figure out how to get back to the "working" state of using CHT lockscreen.

Edit: Turns out the reg fix didn't work, I woke up the device via top button to a black screen with only the taskbar and softkeys

Last edited by galonzo; 07-15-2010 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Turns out fix didn't work :(
Old 07-15-2010, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: us cellular

rj_22 is a n00b
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jul 14| 21911|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

ok, when I switch on the hdwall application on the cookie home editor, it switches to a hdwall background. But when I switch to landscape, the background turns white, just on the home screen....any reason why? And I thought a hdwall programs takes up the whole screen, task and bottom bar included
Old 07-15-2010, 07:20 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jul 14| 21911|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

Hey guys, can anyone help me create this into a .lnk file in order to use it as shorcut.

Execute: MSINBOX
Parameters: -service "SMS" -to ""-body""
Old 07-15-2010, 07:23 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
Hey guys, can anyone help me create this into a .lnk file in order to use it as shorcut.

Parameters: -service "SMS" -to ""-body""
If you are saying waht I think you are saying, then yes, that would be very helpful.
Whenever I open SMS up, I have to tap in the text box before I can start typing a text message.

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
If you are saying waht I think you are saying, then yes, that would be very helpful.
Whenever I open SMS up, I have to tap in the text box before I can start typing a text message.

David
yup. That's exactly it. You have two different options:

Parameters: -service "SMS" -to ""-body"" (will take the cursor to body)
or
Parameters: -service "SMS" -to "" (will take the cursor to To)

So I need the first one as .lnk, don't know how to do it.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

muzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to muzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzik View Post
I was the thanks and downloaded it but can't upload it to my phone until this evening.
Didn't work for me on current 23xxx GTX. I appreciate the try, though.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzik View Post
Didn't work for me on current 23xxx GTX. I appreciate the try, though.
thanks, appreciate the feedback on it, damn that sucks, was hoping that it was going to work, oh well guess i'll have to look around and see if someone made an updated cab.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

imtheman is a n00b

been using energy roms for a while.. i like them a lot but they always seem to break down over time... the biggest issue being memory loss.. i gets the out of program memory issues even when there's no programs running.. if there a fix for this...
Old 07-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtheman View Post
been using energy roms for a while.. i like them a lot but they always seem to break down over time... the biggest issue being memory loss.. i gets the out of program memory issues even when there's no programs running.. if there a fix for this...
yeah, reference ROM as it's going to be almost stock. we all have to realize that the more packed/eye candy there is the more ram/space it's going to take, we just have to find a ROM that works for you and stick with it, that's why i don't flash every ROM that gets updated, I'm still running the June 6th 23569 ROM.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:30 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member

Hey guys, Check this out. We may now be able to OVERCLOCK OUR RHODIUM

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=7181179

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development