PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 11:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G

lilflip21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilflip21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilflip21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilflip21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to lilflip21
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23557/21898 |Apr 13| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 / Titani

Ok for those of you with the hour ahead or time zone issue on weather update...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer691 View Post

1) Bring up the dialer, press Menu, Options, CDMA Services, Time Synchronization and check Time synchronize with mobile network automatically.

2) Go to manilla Settings tab, Data services and disable Internet time sync.

for now even after updating the time stays correct and no jumping time zones!!!!!!!!

Ok this worked perfectly for me Thankyou guys and I looked a little further and found the reg key for this setting for those of you like me that like all your settings setup for you automatically on a fresh flash heres the reg key in question to add to disable htc manilla weather time sync.. also changeing this reg key should work for those of you who can't find the setting to change in the manilla settings tab

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\TimeZoneAutoFix]
"CreatePDPAlways"=dword:00000002

Original or default value is 1.. setting it to 2 disables the Manilla time sync and fixes the hour ahead on weather update issue...
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

aiverson23 is just getting started
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23557/21898 |Apr 13| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 / Titani

Is there anyway to stop the clock flip. I have the NRGZ White clock and I would like it to just not have the flip animation.

I am trying to get the Home Weather animation to be a little smoother and it seems that the clock is the main culprit for slowing it down since when you go to all quicklinks the animation is smooth (Im sure that common knowledge by now). So I was just wondering if there was a newer cab (the one I found in a previous post here didnt work) to stop the clocks from flipping and just have the times change with the white background.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:45 AM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by locdog View Post
upgraded to the latest cookie 23557, and so far it has been great, except i am having one issue. it seems my sms is messed up. when i try to send a txt to someone it goes to a full screen to type the txt, and not a normal "history" or thread of the chat....and then when i click send, it doesn't appear anything sends.

anyone have any ideaS?

thanks
If you contacts as a QL it will start a new one every time, as well as if you go to SMS tab and click icon for new or the soft key and hit new. Best way to tell if it sends is to watch the Taskbar the EV icon will temp change to 1x then back, this shows that the message sent. Or you can turn on the sent sms notification and it will give you a sound when it sends.

If you want to go to the thread view of prev texts with said person you have to click on one of their sms in the tab and go into HTC sms, or click all messages L soft key from the SMS tab, and it opens the WM client, then click the persons sms to get into threaded view. You can also set WM messaging as a QL and avoid going to sms tab and having to hit All Messages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiverson23 View Post
Is there anyway to stop the clock flip. I have the NRGZ White clock and I would like it to just not have the flip animation.

I am trying to get the Home Weather animation to be a little smoother and it seems that the clock is the main culprit for slowing it down since when you go to all quicklinks the animation is smooth (Im sure that common knowledge by now). So I was just wondering if there was a newer cab (the one I found in a previous post here didnt work) to stop the clocks from flipping and just have the times change with the white background.
I have never saw a cab that will do that. The cab you mentioned before was prob the "1 hr 2 min stop flip cab", which does not kill the flip. It kills the clock from flipping back an hour and two minutes everytime the home tab refreshes. This has been cooked into 90% of the ROMs out there. If you are running a Cookie build you can change weather animation settings and see if they help ya smoooth the weather out.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:50 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
I have never saw a cab that will do that. The cab you mentioned before was prob the "1 hr 2 min stop flip cab", which does not kill the flip. It kills the clock from flipping back an hour and two minutes everytime the home tab refreshes. This has been cooked into 90% of the ROMs out there. If you are running a Cookie build you can change weather animation settings and see if they help ya smoooth the weather out.

When I go to remove programs, the program is call Manila disable clock flipping. Again IDK if it ever worked or what because this is the first time I tried it and it didnt work with the current ROM. Also I do have cookie, but I dont think it has an option to adjust the weather animations. If it does let me know where to find those options and ill see if that does the trick for me.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

htcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well I spoke to soon, lol I am receiving no phone calls as others have stated in their post. But it is all good as I will look at it tonight and if still have the issue will just flash back to a working version until this is resolved. Still loving Energy ROMS...
Old 04-16-2010, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

eazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
It sets the Sprint settings so that mms works... and also raises the limit to 5mb not 512mb

got you.. buy my mms already works.. i just wanted to up the limit to 5 mb.. thanks.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

eazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidg68124 View Post
I used the Ninja Duck disable TVout cab, shaolin battery saver cab, and did a couple of registry tweaks for the dialer vibrate and turned off keyboard vibrate. I have not gotten around to the face down mute ring tweak as I do not need it.

Of course I had to cycle the battery once for everything to get to where I want it.

Look up the battery tweaks thread, it will cover everything in detail for you.

can you post the cabs or links directly to the cabs and tweaks you used?
Old 04-16-2010, 12:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy2001x View Post
got you.. buy my mms already works.. i just wanted to up the limit to 5 mb.. thanks.
Then you can just go into the registry and change the limit (WAP keys)settings up to 5120000

HKLM\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSCSetting\SampleMMSC
Change MmscURI key value to "http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms" (without "")
Change all 4 WAP key values to "5120000" (without "")

HKLM\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSCSetting\SampleMMSC2
Change MmscURI key value to "http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms (without "")
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

cocoabro is keeping up the good workcocoabro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
Then you can just go into the registry and change the limit (WAP keys)settings up to 5120000

HKLM\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSCSetting\SampleMMSC
Change MmscURI key value to "http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms" (without "")

HKLM\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSCSetting\SampleMMSC2
Change MmscURI key value to "http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms (without "")
Dud, you should just put this stuff in your sig. I think I've seen you post this information two-dozen times in response to the age-old MMS problem... Funny. Sorry you gotta keep doing it in leu of the search button.

Last edited by cocoabro; 04-16-2010 at 12:29 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:32 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiverson23 View Post
When I go to remove programs, the program is call Manila disable clock flipping. Again IDK if it ever worked or what because this is the first time I tried it and it didnt work with the current ROM. Also I do have cookie, but I dont think it has an option to adjust the weather animations. If it does let me know where to find those options and ill see if that does the trick for me.
Ok so after a little more digging, I think the guy was right. I think that was supposed to be the 1:02 fix. So basically what I am asking is if anyone has a clock the looks like the white flip clock (but doesnt have the flip animation) that I could install.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development