PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

htcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23549/21895 |Mar 25| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 / Titani

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashabrown View Post
Loaded up 23549 MM 3/25 - Whatever you did to change it, it worked! MMS working, my fav toolbar working great as well as my transparency mods in HTC Sense. AWESOME!!
I see you are on Verizon, does MMS work sending and receiving from all carriers? Since using this ROM I cannot recieve MMS mail. I can send and receive from Verizon users but any other carrier is a no go. I can send to my sister who is TMobile but she gets a rejection message on her end when she tries to send to me and I never get anything, I am on the 17th ROM with start button at the bottom as the others were just problem children for me all around, don't much care for Max or Cookie so I have just the basic build. I have not tried the 25th version for that same reason lol but I may this weekend just to see if it provides any improvements but MMS is a no go thus far for me and I am on Verizon as well.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible and touch pro2

chrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23549/21895 |Mar 25| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 / Titani

everthings running fine for me on the cookie 2.5..... nice and fast,stable, memory sits about 78 mb free with all my sh*t running...waiting for a few days to make the battery call....
Old 03-26-2010, 12:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

impulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23549/21895 |Mar 25| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 / Titani

I'm running cookie 2.5 and my memory starts to drop down to only about 35mb free. Anyone know what's hogging up all the ram?
Old 03-26-2010, 12:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: VERIZON

dhafiz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy2001x View Post
i deff noticed the slow down.. seems to also be because of all the added text messaged. i backed up my phone and deleted all my text and things speeded up. with the stock rom i could store over 4000 messages before the slow down. on these roms i get somewhere around 800-1000 before a slow down then start to delete them.. e-mail may be just like the text messages..
Yeah, you're right. SMS messaged do slow it down; but I have just a few - maybe 80 at any given time, and I'm still seeing the slowdown. Curious & interesting. Thanks for the reply.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

bsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have a few XDA_UC questions.

First can someone verify that I have the process correct?

1. Create \Storage Card\XDA_UC folder and \Storage Card\XDA_UC\SD folder
2. Put .cab files I want installed to the device in \Storage Card\XDA_UC
3. Put .cab files that need user interface or to choose install location in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\SD
4. Put .reg, .xml, .mscr files in \Storage Card\XDA_UC
5. flash ROM
6. XDA_UC installs all of my files in the order I listed (plus some other things - SEE LINKS BELOW)

Do I still need to delete the checkautorun file in windows/startup with the latest ROM release or has this been fixed?

Will XDA_UC run my SDConfig.txt file? I saw HERE that there is some code to ofrce it to but I have no idea how to utiliize the code? Any help with this would be great.

Will XDA_UC run my .xml file created by Makisu or is that designed to only run with Sashimi?

What about creating to copying over file directories?

Some of these questions are addressed in the following links. Since it is a new addition to Energy ROMs, I just thought it would be helpful for everyone to have some of the info in this thread.

Here are some useful links:

Learn UC / Registry / XML Provisioning / CAB Editing {2010-03-15}

[UC]XDA_UC Autoconfiguration User To User Thread[23-06-2009

this one's a little more advanced

[UC]XDA_UC V1.1.00, Automated & Silent User & Cook, Configuration Service[14/12/09]

Thanks to everyone's help so far!
Old 03-26-2010, 01:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Q and HTC TP2

defiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good work

Can someone cab up the ARCSoft thats in the 21895 version? I've been looking for it everywhere..
thanks in advance.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6875
Carrier: Big Red

kashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to kashabrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcsql View Post
I see you are on Verizon, does MMS work sending and receiving from all carriers? Since using this ROM I cannot recieve MMS mail. I can send and receive from Verizon users but any other carrier is a no go. I can send to my sister who is TMobile but she gets a rejection message on her end when she tries to send to me and I never get anything, I am on the 17th ROM with start button at the bottom as the others were just problem children for me all around, don't much care for Max or Cookie so I have just the basic build. I have not tried the 25th version for that same reason lol but I may this weekend just to see if it provides any improvements but MMS is a no go thus far for me and I am on Verizon as well.
I had troubles with that rom too - unfortunately, just about all my family and friends are on Verizon also, so it's not an issue for me and I don't know if another someone on another carrier would be able to send/receive with me. I will check it out after work and report back.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

schick79 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
1. Not unless you had a roaming icon in the TB. Most things work without prov. but some things like MMS will not work until you prov or set it up your way.

2. Sometimes after hard reset/flash your device will require you to reactivate with carrier. I use *22899 it does the option 1 & 2 at the same time with one call. I don't do it everytime because I flash alot, but others rec doing everytime.

3. Flash dance. One of the biggest controversy issues in flashing! It's a matter of pref and personal belief. It is hard resetting, flashing to stock, hard rest again, flash to custom, hard reset, soft reset. OR just search the thread for about 50 other dif combos and mojo ways we flashaholics roll......... Some say do it everytime you flash a ROM, Some say a HR, flash to new ROM, HR is good enough.......Just search flash dance and read up.....it's detailed....

4. Sahimi and/or XDA_UC and/or SPB for backing up and setting up stuff FAST after the flash. NRG just incorp XDA_UC into the ROM...it's sweet. Search those in this thread they are talked about alot. Also read the sticky threads for the TP2 upgrades forum here at ppcgeek, as well as the general TP2 forum. Lots of reading all around.

Don't be afraid to break it......it's pretty hard unless you get careless. HAVE FUN.....and get ready for the addiction you are about to throw yourself into!
Appreciate the reply, and thanks given!

One issue I just discovered. My shift and alt keys on the keyboard don't seem to be working. I haven't had a chance to do any resetting or anything like that, and I have done the carrier provisioning. That's about all I've tried.

I'll definitely spend some time reading through everything when I get some time. I'm a tax accountant, so you can imagine how little time I have. =)

Thanks again!
Old 03-26-2010, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

daytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Per you tweet here is the downloaded cab
Attached Files
File Type: cab DINIK_-_Anastasia_-_Lockscreen_v2.0.cab (240.6 KB, 58 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-26-2010, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

soundmanmike is becoming a great contributor

I am using the Mar 25 cookie version and it is working great, like the Mar 17 version. The only thing I miss is all the color icons, I have a few cabs that change some, like the comm page and a few arrows. Does anyone know of a bunch more to make it like NRG had before?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development