View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 01:58 PM
schick79
PPCGeeks Regular

schick79 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23549/21895 |Mar 25| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 / Titani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
1. Not unless you had a roaming icon in the TB. Most things work without prov. but some things like MMS will not work until you prov or set it up your way.

2. Sometimes after hard reset/flash your device will require you to reactivate with carrier. I use *22899 it does the option 1 & 2 at the same time with one call. I don't do it everytime because I flash alot, but others rec doing everytime.

3. Flash dance. One of the biggest controversy issues in flashing! It's a matter of pref and personal belief. It is hard resetting, flashing to stock, hard rest again, flash to custom, hard reset, soft reset. OR just search the thread for about 50 other dif combos and mojo ways we flashaholics roll......... Some say do it everytime you flash a ROM, Some say a HR, flash to new ROM, HR is good enough.......Just search flash dance and read up.....it's detailed....

4. Sahimi and/or XDA_UC and/or SPB for backing up and setting up stuff FAST after the flash. NRG just incorp XDA_UC into the ROM...it's sweet. Search those in this thread they are talked about alot. Also read the sticky threads for the TP2 upgrades forum here at ppcgeek, as well as the general TP2 forum. Lots of reading all around.

Don't be afraid to break it......it's pretty hard unless you get careless. HAVE FUN.....and get ready for the addiction you are about to throw yourself into!
Appreciate the reply, and thanks given!

One issue I just discovered. My shift and alt keys on the keyboard don't seem to be working. I haven't had a chance to do any resetting or anything like that, and I have done the carrier provisioning. That's about all I've tried.

I'll definitely spend some time reading through everything when I get some time. I'm a tax accountant, so you can imagine how little time I have. =)

Thanks again!