PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 11:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23518/21889 |Feb 1| ★ Sense 2.5.2011 / MaxManila ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
K this is what i had working before i got irritated & decided to start from scratch this weekend.

edited my settings in regedit file.
Got sms working on it's own sending text & pics just fine.
Got mms sending & receiving text, sending pics, but not receiving pics, within mms & no use of sms.
OK I think I understand our barrier here.
When youre saying sms I think you mean arcsoft (which is cooked in)
When youre saying mms I think you mean HTC.

With Arcsoft you are able to send and receive text and pix.
With HTC you are able to send and recieve text, able to send pix but not able to receive.

That is the same problem us Sprint people have been having.
The fix is to first uninstall whatever fix you have installed and soft reset.
Install disable HTC cab, soft reset.
Install Arcsoft cab (i believe theres a few arcsoft cabs for verizon at the paperclip), soft reset.
Scroll to messages, click all messages (should bring up arcsoft messaging which says sms/mms at the top), menu, pics/video options, cdma servers.
You should have a server listed. Click it and check the settings there, im not sure if its correct on the verizon side.
If its correct youre all set to go. If its not correct it and soft reset.
You may still need to regedit the receive value. If you do soft reset afterward.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

lgrulz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlgrulz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlgrulz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |R|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23518/21889 |Feb 1| ★ Sense 2.5.2011 / MaxManila ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Real206 View Post
could someone post the stock clock cab. I can't find it. I'm not a big fan of the transparent clock. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by awenthol View Post
Interesting...I was just going to go on a Sense 2.5 white clock hunt myself. I'll let you know if I find one.
I've been using this one & really prefer it over either stock or clear. Try it out.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Inverted 2.5 Flip Clock.cab (39.4 KB, 57 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal33 View Post
can someone help me.. I need to send my phone in for repair and need to flash back to stock rom and relock i just dont know which one i need. im on Sprint. any help is much appreciated.
Did you try the stock rom thread? Its sticked in the CDMA tp2 upgrades forum!

Anyway click here and get the stock rom.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgrulz View Post
I've been using this one & really prefer it over either stock or clear. Try it out.
I'm assuming it's black with white numbers?
Old 02-02-2010, 11:39 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

SMS is windows messaging.
MMS is arcsoft.

least thats my understanding. On stock you run can run both with each sending the approriate items to the right function upon receiving. Thats what im trying to do.

I also think the reason that my visual voice mail is not working properly is the valkyrie cab dissabling the sms. SMS is the notification & operation it uses to work properly without having to kill the process file & reload vvm to download & hear your messages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
OK I think I understand our barrier here.
When youre saying sms I think you mean arcsoft (which is cooked in)
When youre saying mms I think you mean HTC.

With Arcsoft you are able to send and receive text and pix.
With HTC you are able to send and recieve text, able to send pix but not able to receive.

That is the same problem us Sprint people have been having.
The fix is to first uninstall whatever fix you have installed and soft reset.
Install disable HTC cab, soft reset.
Install Arcsoft cab (i believe theres a few arcsoft cabs for verizon at the paperclip), soft reset.
Scroll to messages, click all messages (should bring up arcsoft messaging which says sms/mms at the top), menu, pics/video options, cdma servers.
You should have a server listed. Click it and check the settings there, im not sure if its correct on the verizon side.
If its correct youre all set to go. If its not correct it and soft reset.
You may still need to regedit the receive value. If you do soft reset afterward.

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

jamal33 is keeping up the good workjamal33 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Did you try the stock rom thread? Its sticked in the CDMA tp2 upgrades forum!

Anyway click here and get the stock rom.
good lookin
Old 02-02-2010, 11:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

lgrulz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlgrulz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlgrulz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23518/21885 |Jan 14| ★ Sense 2.5 / MaxManila ★

Quote:
OKOKOK... I wish there was a way for every Sprint user having MMS issues to see this but here goes anyway...

To get MMS to work on Sprint (currently using 23518 but also worked on 28xxx)

1. Hard reset your phone or do this after fresh flash!!!
2. Allow all NRG customizations!
3. Install the Zenyee disable HTC cab below and allow soft reset.
4. Install Arcsoft MMS fix cab below and allow soft reset.
5. Go to "All messages" on Manila screen.
6. Menu tab>>Pics/Video Options... (brings up settings screen)
7. CMDA servers tab (the only option on that screen is SSMC something or other, its fine to leave it named as such)
8. Click the server (ssmc or whatever its named) which brings up a screen with the first box on the screen being "server name:"
9. Change only the server address to http://63.215.195.152/servlets/mms
10. Click "Done" tab.
Works for me everytime! Thats all there is to it.

Sorry forgot to add the cabs... attatched below!
2016 fix also attatched if you need it.
Also, for the roms 23518 and 28xxx HTC does not disable but it does work to view MMS and you can send MMS with arcsoft with no issue whatsoever.

I'm loving this ROM except for the mms troubles... Hi Mazzakre I'm using your 23518 workaround and seems to work fine. I have 1 question. I receive a sms/mms and cannot STOP the blinking green light or the blue notification on the slider for new message. Any help? Thanks in advance.

***EDIT*** Stop = notifications wont go away after viewing. Only way is a soft reset.

Last edited by lgrulz; 02-02-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by awenthol View Post
I'm assuming it's black with white numbers?
Yes but trust me it looks really sharp with this 6.5.3 and 2.5
Old 02-02-2010, 11:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
SMS is windows messaging.
MMS is arcsoft.

least thats my understanding. On stock you run can run both with each sending the approriate items to the right function upon receiving. Thats what im trying to do.

I also think the reason that my visual voice mail is not working properly is the valkyrie cab dissabling the sms. SMS is the notification & operation it uses to work properly without having to kill the process file & reload vvm to download & hear your messages.
Arcsoft and HTC are messaging services not sms (text) and mms (pix/vid/audio). They are each used to send sms and mms. You can use Arcsoft to send sms and mms or you can use HTC to send sms and mms. Arcsoft is kind of a copy of the original WM messaging service. I dont know what the stock 6.5 looks like since we dont have it on Sprint but 6.1 only comes with WM not HTC. I assume the 6.5 stock rom only has HTC installed which is why we have been having to go through the hoops we have. The problem has been that the stock HTC hasnt had our servers correct (previous to Verizon releasing an offical release) so we've had to, initially disable htc completely and install arcsoft. After some people smarter than I started tinkering with it they somehow got HTC to work properly with Verizon. From the sounds of it this new build isnt functioning properly.

The latest builds havent been disabling HTC completely but instead has been taking HTC out of the sending MMS business but has allowed us to view MMS and send and receive SMS. Problem is you still need to be able to send MMS. Thats where Arcsoft comes in. Arcsoft allows us to change to server settings to what works for us. With Arcsoft installed and the server settings corrected we can send/receive sms and MMS.

So with the HTC disable cab and Arcsoft cabs installed you have HTC and Arcsoft working and youre able to use the sms/mms functions fully. I hope that helps

edit: LOL this took so long to type I got logged out! I hope it helps.

Last edited by Mazzakre; 02-03-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey what is better 23518 build or 21889

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development