PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23518/21889 |Feb 1| ★ Sense 2.5.2011 / MaxManila ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwhip1220 View Post
Anyone else bothered by the windows hard button bringing up Quickmenu instead of the Start menu?
LOL that actually is bothering me a little because I usually use the Windows button to effectively minimize programs so that I could go back to my today screen. Now I have the send key mapped to the Home screen so its not that big of a deal but it still seems kinda strange.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff
Re: |R|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23518/21889 |Feb 1| ★ Sense 2.5.2011 / MaxManila ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumblondewalkin View Post
I have a couple of questions...
I havent yet upgraded to the 2/1 version but Im not certain they were addressed...

I cant seem to get opera mobile 10 to just minimize, or any other programs really. I want to be able to answer a text and go back to browsing...another thing is the hard-key sms and e-mail buttons don't work inside opera (I havent really tried any other programs). I just switched to the TP2 from the TP and I could just hit that button and go to messaging and then hit the fn+internet button to go back the browser.

Another question I have is whether or not the keymapping was fixed for the fn buttons for : ; / and the backslash (which you cant type). I'm writing from my phone or I would have just typed it lol.

One last thing is about the soft keyboard. If i have my keyboard out I don't want my on screen keyboard popping up every time I go to type something...anything I could do for this? It's fine when it happens without the keyboard out btw.

Sorry for posting questions that may not be specific to this ROM but I figured they might be, and I'm sure anyone posting in this thread might know something about these issues.
I think theres a setting that has x minimize programs but the problem is, for me anyway, opera takes about 15% of the memory usage so opening another program usually closes opera anyway.

The switched : and / is due to the keyboard not being mapped to Sprint so you have to install the Sprint Keyboard Fix. Not too much of a hassle.

Theres also a setting that says to not allow the keyboard to popup but I think some programs ignore it like Opera. I dont think theres anything we can do about it unfortunately.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G

lilflip21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilflip21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilflip21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilflip21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to lilflip21

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwhip1220 View Post
Anyone else bothered by the windows hard button bringing up Quickmenu instead of the Start menu?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
LOL that actually is bothering me a little because I usually use the Windows button to effectively minimize programs so that I could go back to my today screen. Now I have the send key mapped to the Home screen so its not that big of a deal but it still seems kinda strange.

Really thats strange cause im running 23518 feb 1 and my windows buttons hard and soft are both working normally.. hmm.. maybe one of my many addons fixed that for me who knows i guess... I do have a lot of custom settings auto install during UC including Quickmenu so my guess is its in the quickmenu settings/quickmenu reg settings to replace windows button.. check those settings..

EDIT* - FOUND - Check this reg setting.. [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AlenSoft\QuickMenu\Gene ral\ReplaceStartMenu or other settings in that string...

Last edited by lilflip21; 02-02-2010 at 03:50 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

dumblondewalkin is a n00b

I'll look for that keyboard fix, thanks.

I have changed the setting that closes programs, but I too have little memory left with opera open. I'm using Opera mobile 10 B2, do you know if older versions like 9.7 take up less memory? I have like 65% taken without it running and like 90% when it is so it kinda sucks. 10 is really fast but thats a lot of memory and I can't even use the zoom slider.

And thats a shame about the keyboard opping up, although it does it in other programs like htc messaging. Kind of annoying but i guess i just space and backspace real quick every time

Thanks!
Old 02-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

piedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
Ive heard that bg4all has problems with the newer roms and hdwalls worked better. I dont know personally because I dont use either.
HDWalls is better cuz it skins the top and bottom bars with the wallpaper. It didn't work correctly for 1922 but it was patched to work with it but u can't have BG4All installed as the last Rom did. Followed SantoD's directions and got it working on my rom:

Now just need to figure out how to make the start/action/menu backgrounds disappear.

If I posted something thats helps don't forget to hit Thanks!
Old 02-02-2010, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

masterhoss56 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilflip21 View Post
Really thats strange cause im running 23518 feb 1 and my windows buttons hard and soft are both working normally.. hmm.. maybe one of my many addons fixed that for me who knows i guess... I do have a lot of custom settings auto install during UC including Quickmenu so my guess is its in the quickmenu settings/quickmenu reg settings to replace windows button.. check those settings..

EDIT* - FOUND - Check this reg setting.. [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AlenSoft\QuickMenu\Gene ral\ReplaceStartMenu or other settings in that string...
easy fix. bring the QuickMenu up on screen and select the down arrow next to "QuickMenu". Next, select OPTION...

You should now see the QuickMen - Option window. Simply uncheck the "Register win key of device" and click OK. the hardware Windows key should now map to the software Windows button.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

piedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumblondewalkin View Post
I'll look for that keyboard fix, thanks.
Here ya go.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Sprint Keyboard Fix.cab (6.9 KB, 47 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilflip21 View Post

I see that setting but I dont know what I would be changing it to. Its not a big deal I guess. Having the quick menu mapped to the windows hardware key actually solved a problem I posted about earlier which was that it was almost impossible to get to quick menu before. At least now we can access it and shut down running programs.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

masterhoss56 is becoming a great contributor

anyone know where the Internet favorites are pulling from when you go to the Internet tab within Sense 2.5 and click on any of the ADD buttons to create a shortcut to a bookmark?

The list of favorites is definately not from the Opera 10 bookmark list.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterhoss56 View Post
easy fix. bring the QuickMenu up on screen and select the down arrow next to "QuickMenu". Next, select OPTION...

You should now see the QuickMen - Option window. Simply uncheck the "Register win key of device" and click OK. the hardware Windows key should now map to the software Windows button.
Thanks, I was just screwing around with that menu to see where everything was. I havent decided whether Ill keep it as is or not yet.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development