View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 11:57 PM
Mazzakre
Halfway to VIP Status

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23518/21889 |Feb 1| ★ Sense 2.5.2011 / MaxManila ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
SMS is windows messaging.
MMS is arcsoft.

least thats my understanding. On stock you run can run both with each sending the approriate items to the right function upon receiving. Thats what im trying to do.

I also think the reason that my visual voice mail is not working properly is the valkyrie cab dissabling the sms. SMS is the notification & operation it uses to work properly without having to kill the process file & reload vvm to download & hear your messages.
Arcsoft and HTC are messaging services not sms (text) and mms (pix/vid/audio). They are each used to send sms and mms. You can use Arcsoft to send sms and mms or you can use HTC to send sms and mms. Arcsoft is kind of a copy of the original WM messaging service. I dont know what the stock 6.5 looks like since we dont have it on Sprint but 6.1 only comes with WM not HTC. I assume the 6.5 stock rom only has HTC installed which is why we have been having to go through the hoops we have. The problem has been that the stock HTC hasnt had our servers correct (previous to Verizon releasing an offical release) so we've had to, initially disable htc completely and install arcsoft. After some people smarter than I started tinkering with it they somehow got HTC to work properly with Verizon. From the sounds of it this new build isnt functioning properly.

The latest builds havent been disabling HTC completely but instead has been taking HTC out of the sending MMS business but has allowed us to view MMS and send and receive SMS. Problem is you still need to be able to send MMS. Thats where Arcsoft comes in. Arcsoft allows us to change to server settings to what works for us. With Arcsoft installed and the server settings corrected we can send/receive sms and MMS.

So with the HTC disable cab and Arcsoft cabs installed you have HTC and Arcsoft working and youre able to use the sms/mms functions fully. I hope that helps

edit: LOL this took so long to type I got logged out! I hope it helps.

Last edited by Mazzakre; 02-03-2010 at 12:03 AM.