PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 w/ EnergyRom
Carrier: Sprint

Ikonic is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23518/21889 |Jan 25| ★ Sense 2.5 / MaxManila ★

Okay is there an offical cab to fix teh mms problem for sprint i cant seem to find it theres a bunch but none of them seem to work. for me maybe im doing something wrong. sry to post another question about the sprint mms problem i know theres alot but i cant find the offical fix

Edit: Had an internet issue when i edited but its fine after a soft reset

Last edited by Ikonic; 01-28-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cantcme68 is a n00b
Re: |RHODIUM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23016) ★ |SOON| ★Latest Manila 2.5!★ |

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace10134 View Post
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)Flashing Guide:

More Info on the ROM's and the Versions:

Keyboard Symbols Don't Work / Home Key opens Start Menu!! / Button Mappings!
  • Verizon - Install and Restart the phone! (Thanks for the ROM dump info)
  • Sprint/Telus - Install , and Restart your phone! (Thanks to for the ROM dump info)
MMS Fix
  1. First, you must Disable Manila Messaging.
  2. Then, just install the correct MMS fix:
    • Verizon - Install
    • Sprint - Install
A possible, different, better, but ---in progress--- solution can be seen HERE.

(CityID) Provisioning Network Selector appears after every Soft Reset! - If you do this before selecting anything in the Provisioning, then City ID will work
  1. Open File Explorer (Start -> Tools -> File Explorer)
  2. Navigate to \Windows\StartUp, and delete Provisioning.lnk!
Opera Mobile Fixes
  • Make Opera Mobile default and enable auto-rotation with the G-Sensor:
  • Only make Opera Mobile default:
  • Only enable auto-rotation with the G-Sensor for Opera:

Time Zone Issues
  1. Go to Start -> Settings -> Clocks & Alarms
  2. Set the time zone to whatever you need!
Notification Light blinks to infinity!!!
  1. Install first
  2. And then go into Start -> Settings -> Sounds & Notifications -> Notifications (tab), and now you can set the notification light options!!

ActiveSync Issues (23504 Version)
  1. Go to Start -> Settings -> Connections -> USB to PC
  2. Uncheck the last, "Ask me first about USB...." box
  3. Make sure the "ActiveSync (Sync with Outlook)" bubble is filled in.
  4. You may need to restart the phone for ActiveSync to start working)
GPS Doesn't Connect
After flashing any ROM, GPS can take a while to lock for the first time.

Enable AGPS to assist it: Start -> Utilities -> Tweaks -> Advanced Config, scroll down to and click GPS, then click on Assisted GPS, and using the drop-down menu at the bottom, Enable it. Do the Soft Reset when it prompts you to, and then your GPS should fix faster!

Also, make sure to use the HTC GPSTool, found in Start -> GPS. That will help the GPS to lock faster.

Once you do that, open Google Maps (Or your GPS program), go to Menu -> Use GPS (check the option), and then let your phone sit for 10 minutes or so. Remember, GPS doesn't work well in big buildings. Enjoy!
Marketplace doesn't work (Sprint) - Just install ! (Restart may be required) (Thanks!)

Stock Applications
  • Sprint - TeleNav l SprintNav l Sprint NFL Mobile l Post others in this thread, and I'll add them!
  • Verizon - l Post other stock CAB's, and I'll add them!
Moderators

If you'd like, you can move this post to the front page, beneath NRG's posts. I manage NRG's FAQ post on the GSM thread, so I'll gladly provide the same quality FAQ's here, and it'd be great if it was right beneath NRG's posts on the first page. Your choice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
Screenshots

When is the last time this was updated? I like this ROM builder the best due to the flashy nature and frequent updates However....I don't want to have to fish through 700+ post to find fixes for bugs and fixes for things that have already been resolved. I shouldnt see 75 different fixes for MMS there should be a fix that is confirmed to work on the first page of this thread. If there is an issue with SMS after the fix then that means its not a fix it just creates another bug. I want to load this ROM because it looks NICE but I also what to know what things I will need to do after to make it work without any hiccups. Please Please give me a one stop shop for things to do after flash to get everything working.

Thanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

I wasnt gonna flash the Jan 25th version but I really like the way the new HTC messaging looks so I guess here I go. Darn the poster that put up the picture with the 2 hot girls. If I install the new HTC messaging will I get hot girls texting me too? I guess we'll see...
Old 01-28-2010, 01:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppc
Carrier: sprint

Jbroad572 is a n00b
Re: |RHODIUM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23016) ★ |SOON| ★Latest Manila 2.5!★ |

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantcme68 View Post
When is the last time this was updated? I like this ROM builder the best due to the flashy nature and frequent updates However....I don't want to have to fish through 700+ post to find fixes for bugs and fixes for things that have already been resolved. I shouldnt see 75 different fixes for MMS there should be a fix that is confirmed to work on the first page of this thread. If there is an issue with SMS after the fix then that means its not a fix it just creates another bug. I want to load this ROM because it looks NICE but I also what to know what things I will need to do after to make it work without any hiccups. Please Please give me a one stop shop for things to do after flash to get everything working.

Thanks
+1 Just want to make sure I have everything right. Anyone official fix to the battery drain? I installed the document installer and will try that out.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppc
Carrier: sprint

Jbroad572 is a n00b

I keep getting a text message failed message as well after I send even though they are sent. Do I need to run the provisioning for Sprint manually?
Old 01-28-2010, 01:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikonic View Post
Okay is there an offical cab to fix teh mms problem for sprint i cant seem to find it theres a bunch but none of them seem to work. for me maybe im doing something wrong. sry to post another question about the sprint mms problem i know theres alot but i cant find the offical fix

Edit: Had an internet issue when i edited but its fine after a soft reset
Check my sig for the fix I use everytime with no issues and no need to set mms server settings
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to iknight8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
Where do you go to see the mem% available?
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwill View Post
If you click the task manager drop down in the top right corner, the dropdown will show you % of memory in use.
on 23518 build the drop down arrow is on the left and there is no TASK MANAGER...

HTC TouchPro2 > HTC Evo > Samsung Fascinate > HTC ThunderBolt
Old 01-28-2010, 01:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

jamal33 is keeping up the good workjamal33 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbroad572 View Post
+1 Just want to make sure I have everything right. Anyone official fix to the battery drain? I installed the document installer and will try that out.
document installer didnt do the trick..There's still a huge memory leak somewhere in this latest Jan 25 ROM.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal33 View Post
document installer didnt do the trick..There's still a huge memory leak somewhere in this latest Jan 25 ROM.
Theres always going to be memory problems as long as this build is being ported from a different phone. Theres no fix unless the carriers release it specifically.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:43 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbroad572 View Post

The biggest thing you can do is set your backlight to 30 or 40 when on battery.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development