PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28011/21885 |Dec 31| ★ Sense 2.5/ MaxManila/ Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
Yes the new radio is NICE. If that is all you are wanting I would do as mentioned in the post above and flash just the radio from the radio thread. I also rec learning to flash via SD and make things even easier! just my 2c on tht part!
Agree with the SD part, I always do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vga_jnl View Post
Many thanks for this info...

Do I need to worry about unlocking the SIM, not sure if my SIM is locked or unlocked.. Anyway to check this???

Or can I just download new radio rom from the link above, then just flashed the new Verizon 6.5 ROM same way you flash any ROM???

With this new radio.. Will this solve issue of switchin EV-1x thingy when making calls???

Howabout issue on connecting bluetooth with a Garmin GPS?? Any helpers please...

Thanks again..
SIM unlocking is really easy with verizon. All you have to do is send them an email saying that you're traveling overseas and would like to have the code to unlock your SIM card. I got an email back within 6 hours with the code. Unlike sprint users where they actually have to buy the SIM unlocker from comnex. However, no, with the official Verizon radio, you will not need to unlock your SIM card to install it.

The reason your phone goes from EV to 1x during phone calls is due to the fact that the CDMA protocol can't handle a data and a voice connection at the same time, GSM can, it is one of the places where GSM is better than CDMA. So, no, the new radio will not fix that. What it will fix though is your phone getting stuck in 1x either randomly, or after a phone call. I haven't had any problems with that since I flashed the new radio.

This will also not help with any bluetooth issues. This is for the phones radio only, not the bluetooth radio.

I hope that has helped you more than confused you, it's a lot to take in at first.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: I-phone 4S 32Gb
Carrier: Sprint

djpaul is just getting started
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28011/21885 |Dec 31| ★ Sense 2.5/ MaxManila/ Dusk

got a small issue with this rom: it doesn't display any messages-SMS that I have typed. It only shows the ones that I have received. And when I scroll down to the one where I know that I typed it refuses to open.

Any Ideas?
Isaiah 40:31
Old 01-13-2010, 11:20 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Dang beat me to it.......Well said bouschh!

If you watch your Ev icon when you hit send when sending a text it will also briefly switch to 1x and back to Ev again.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:32 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpaul View Post
got a small issue with this rom: it doesn't display any messages-SMS that I have typed. It only shows the ones that I have received. And when I scroll down to the one where I know that I typed it refuses to open.

Any Ideas?
I have never had that issue with any ROM & I have flashed the Dec 31 28011 build 3 times. Which build are you on exactly?? Does it do this off a fresh flash followed by a hard reset ? Have you tried a flash dance fromkbthe ol school?? More info........
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Telus

larry6667 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Dang beat me to it.......Well said bouschh!

If you watch your Ev icon when you hit send when sending a text it will also briefly switch to 1x and back to Ev again.

Mine gets a messed up screen showing the last text overlapping on itself, When I type it does not give me a cursor and often freezes or has major lag. But it does not switch to 1x. I need new ROM!!!
Old 01-13-2010, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: I-phone 4S 32Gb

djpaul is just getting started

Quote:
I have never had that issue with any ROM & I have flashed the Dec 31 28011 build 3 times. Which build are you on exactly?? Does it do this off a fresh flash followed by a hard reset ? Have you tried a flash dance fromkbthe ol school?? More info........
I've got same build. Followed same procidure.

Well, I will try again.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO F&F

Mattheyu is keeping up the good workMattheyu is keeping up the good work

I've been doing some searching, but I can't find a dialer code fix that actually works. My main hope is PRL updates.

I've already tried this dialer code fix: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=503

I've also already tried the PRL and Profile cab in the attachments on this thread.

Any hope for a Sprint user?
Old 01-14-2010, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

mprachar is keeping up the good workmprachar is keeping up the good work

I am hanging on to this build (12/31 21885) until the next one despite a little funkyness...

One thing that has just started is Manila "dies" on me and I cant get the phone to respond. IF I can get to TM and close Manila.exe-BAM! it comes back and works fine again. Less disruptive than a full reboot.

If this was a PC I could write a .bat file to do this; is there any way to do the same thing in WinMo?
Old 01-14-2010, 12:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

heady4614 is keeping up the good workheady4614 is keeping up the good workheady4614 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattheyu View Post
I've been doing some searching, but I can't find a dialer code fix that actually works. My main hope is PRL updates.

I've already tried this dialer code fix: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=503

I've also already tried the PRL and Profile cab in the attachments on this thread.

Any hope for a Sprint user?
not sure where I found this but here you go
Attached Files
File Type: cab Sprint_UpdateProfile_&_PRL_icons[1].cab (543.8 KB, 135 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-14-2010, 01:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

netengineer is keeping up the good worknetengineer is keeping up the good work

I feel like I am beating a dead horse here but back to the SMS/MMS issues. I am running the EnergyROM Dec31_21885_Sense2.5 and I have the SMS/MMS working with the old threaded messaging using Arcsoft. I actually like the way it is setup and working. The issue I am having is I ran the Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2 cab but I can still access it in Sense. I access the Arcsoft messaging by hitting the “all messages” soft key and it works fine. If I have a message come in and I hit it directly on the screen it takes me to HTC messaging. The major problem with this is that the SMS notification gets confused and will not clear because the conflict between the two messaging apps. Is there a way to totally get rid of HTC messaging? Is there a way to have Sense point to the Arcsoft messaging by hitting the message on the screen? I hope everyone follows that. Sorry for the long post. Thanks for the help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development