PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 06:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

blix1337 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28011/21885 |Dec 31| ★ Sense 2.5/ MaxManila/ Dusk

can someone post energyrom's portrait and landscape backgrounds for s2u2
Old 01-13-2010, 07:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

snowglyder is just getting started
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28011/21885 |Dec 31| ★ Sense 2.5/ MaxManila/ Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
I was using a ROM with 23158 and i agree the email threaded is awesome.
What's so special about the new threading? Screenshots?

EDIT: Stupid me, just noticed email... ha!

Screenshots anyways?
Old 01-13-2010, 07:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwill View Post
No I haven't, but I was about to try it. On my original TP, I used to do the 'flashdance' religiously, but from the forums on the TP2 it seemed most people didn't do that.

I'll try it and see if the problem goes away.

Thanks.
I get the same EV-1x thing when making calls and texting. Im pretty sure the problem is you dont have 3g set to auto. Go into your comm manager, theres an option that says 3g. Make sure its set to auto. The option should look like this when its set properly:
3G
Change to GSM mode. ON
When I turn that setting off I have the cannot connect error. Hopefully you see this before hard resetting and it saves you some time.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia, HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

vga_jnl is a n00b

Greetings...

Question from a Newbie..

I've flashed my Verizon TP2 with 6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28011|Dec 31| , and have used it for more than week and I love it, specially with Max Manila 2.81.

I like this ROM and I do observe the bleeding memory..

Question to Verizon NRGZ ROM users, have anybody updated their radios to Verizon 2.23.00WV??
Please share procedure how to do it..

Also anybody having a problem connecting bluetooth with a Garmin GPS??? I have a Nuvi 760 which has bluetooth so you can make calls from GPS, but having trouble communicating to my phone after reflash.
Garmin Nuvi 760 GPS can see my phone, but after I enter the passcode, Garmin comes back with Phone Communication error.

Never had the problem with the old Verizon 6.1 Stock ROM...

Many thanks for all the help...
Old 01-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO II
Carrier: Sprint PCS

gabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to gabbythe1

Has anyone here tried the Mighty War ROM? If so, can anybody confirm whether or not it`s stable and worth the try?
I am still experiencing serious battery drainage with the latest (011310) and were considering switching to this ROM (Mighty WAR) instead.
Any insights are much appreciated.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

PrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vga_jnl View Post
Greetings...

Question from a Newbie..

I've flashed my Verizon TP2 with 6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28011|Dec 31| , and have used it for more than week and I love it, specially with Max Manila 2.81.

Question to Verizon NRGZ ROM users, have anybody updated their radios to Verizon 2.23.00WV??

Also anybody having a problem connecting bluetooth with a Garmin GPS??? I have a Nuvi 760 which has bluetooth so you can make calls from GPS, but having trouble communicating to my phone after reflash.
Garmin Nuvi 760 GPS can see my phone, but after I enter the passcode, Garmin comes back with Phone Communication error.

I am on Verizon Wireless. To get the updated radio, I just flashed the new Verizon 6.5 ROM that has the new radio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105164), then turned around and reflashed the NRG custom ROM. The custom ROMs do not include a radio so it keeps what was there previously. I know have the NRG ROM with the updated radio. Using that procedure, you do not have to have the SIM unlocked. If you already have the SIM unlocked, I believe that there is a radio only update available to the new version. I hope that helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh

Quote:
Greetings...

Question from a Newbie..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrsnlCrcl View Post
I am on Verizon Wireless. To get the updated radio, I just flashed the new Verizon 6.5 ROM that has the new radio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105164), then turned around and reflashed the NRG custom ROM. The custom ROMs do not include a radio so it keeps what was there previously. I know have the NRG ROM with the updated radio. Using that procedure, you do not have to have the SIM unlocked. If you already have the SIM unlocked, I believe that there is a radio only update available to the new version. I hope that helps.
That's the same way I did it, however it was only because I wanted to see what the new stock ROM was like. I ran back to NRGz ROMs quickly after that.
The easiest way to do it is download the VZV_2.23_WV from this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90342 and then extract it and run. It will run just like a ROM update but will just load the new radio. It will not effect your current ROM at all. Enjoy.

P.S. I'm loving the new radio too.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:14 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbythe1 View Post
Has anyone here tried the Mighty War ROM? If so, can anybody confirm whether or not it`s stable and worth the try?
I am still experiencing serious battery drainage with the latest (011310) and were considering switching to this ROM (Mighty WAR) instead.
Any insights are much appreciated.
Runnin it now...not as nice looking but there are a ton of mods to help that. Verizon MMS is threaded right into htc messaging 2.5.......yeah thats right. Been on it for about 24 full hours and no major gripes or bugs here. For what I do War is running nice......BUT I am only playin till the next EnergyROM drop. Opera crashed and memory leaking made me not crazy over the Dec 31 build, so I am playing. Mighty has some nice nice work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
That's the same way I did it, however it was only because I wanted to see what the new stock ROM was like. I ran back to NRGz ROMs quickly after that.
The easiest way to do it is download the VZV_2.23_WV from this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90342 and then extract it and run. It will run just like a ROM update but will just load the new radio. It will not effect your current ROM at all. Enjoy.

P.S. I'm loving the new radio too.
Yes the new radio is NICE. If that is all you are wanting I would do as mentioned in the post above and flash just the radio from the radio thread. I also rec learning to flash via SD and make things even easier! just my 2c on tht part!
Old 01-13-2010, 10:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia, HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

vga_jnl is a n00b
Smile Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28011/21885 |Dec 31| ★ Sense 2.5/ MaxManila/ Dusk

Many thanks for this info...

Do I need to worry about unlocking the SIM, not sure if my SIM is locked or unlocked.. Anyway to check this???

Or can I just download new radio rom from the link above, then just flashed the new Verizon 6.5 ROM same way you flash any ROM???

With this new radio.. Will this solve issue of switchin EV-1x thingy when making calls???

Howabout issue on connecting bluetooth with a Garmin GPS?? Any helpers please...

Thanks again..
Old 01-13-2010, 10:36 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Greetings...

Question from a Newbie..

Download and run it, just like flashing a ROM. It will not wipe out your device. I noticed an improvement in reception personally.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development