PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 10:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

mobileguy2108 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 13| 21916|29005 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhhd00 View Post
Some observations of the rom in my sig after about a day of use:

-Sense goes quite dark in landscape mode and some things are hard to read. Programs work fine in landscape, just sense itself is too many dark colors.
I am also running the GTX flavor - If you go to the settings tab to the personalize options, you can set the wallpaper for portrait and landscape modes in Sense. By default, the landscape mode for all of the tabs is not set, and it comes up as a black background. I just change it to match the home tab background, but a white background by default would be nice.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 13| 21916|29005 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
Setting your signature cannot be done through the registry. You need code to accomplish.

I have an app that I packaged to do this, but it seems to only set the signature for your first email account.

Cab to Set your Outlook Signature During UC/XDA_UC/SASHIMI (or anytime)

The instructions on how to use it are in the thread.
I had such aggravation, I just copied the signature using mymobiler into a word doc. Then once I restore my settings, I copy them back. Using the keyboard app, I set the Control X & C to Fn X & C so I can copy and paste anywhere.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Naveronski is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Naveronski Send a message via AIM to Naveronski Send a message via MSN to Naveronski Send a message via Yahoo to Naveronski

I screwed up my home screen.

More specifically, I had my phone in my pocket without the screen locked. It turned on when it went to roaming, and apparently pressed enough buttons to screw all the buttons up. I thought I was smart and went to the CHTEditor and set it to defaults... now it's even worse than it was.

How can I get my home screen back to how it was when I flashed it?

...I'd really rather not have to flash it.

Also, how can I prevent the phone from turning on when going to/from roaming?
Old 12-30-2010, 01:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
Setting your signature cannot be done through the registry. You need code to accomplish.

I have an app that I packaged to do this, but it seems to only set the signature for your first email account.

Cab to Set your Outlook Signature During UC/XDA_UC/SASHIMI (or anytime)

The instructions on how to use it are in the thread.
Thank you very much!
Unfortunately it doesn't work for me, I have to put my name, company, e-mail, etc. on a small list. I played with the code you posted there with my very limited programming skills to see if I could do like in Outlook Express or Thunderbird and have the email client read the signature from a separate file, but I failed. Can't get it to work, but it is an idea for somebody who needs it and has more programming knowledge than me.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:39 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveronski View Post

More specifically, I had my phone in my pocket without the screen locked. It turned on when it went to roaming, and apparently pressed enough buttons to screw all the buttons up. I thought I was smart and went to the CHTEditor and set it to defaults... now it's even worse than it was.

Unfortunately you can't prevent it from turning on when it goes into roaming. I've been wrestling with that all the way back to my mogul days.

You can, however prevent unwanted screen taps by using the lockscreen function. I use the slide to unlock so all I have to do is slide the slider over and my screen is unlocked.

As for turning it back off I chose the lowest power setting for the screen while on battery so it shuts the screen off after 30 seconds of no use.

David
Old 12-30-2010, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon via NRG

spambusterdave is keeping up the good workspambusterdave is keeping up the good workspambusterdave is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnDobie View Post
I just changed to the MaxSense rom last night and love it. My only issue is the Quick links on the right home screen. The ones I'm talking are when I swipe right, go to Edit Widgets, then Quick Links. The screen goes to Widget Edit Mode, and there's 10 quick links. There were 2 that were blank, can't remember which ones, but when I clicked them, I could choose what program was there. My issue is I can't find a way to change it to something else. They seem to be stuck at whatever they were coded for.
Any thoughts?
Go back into "Edit Widgets", select the widget you want to change and check "Clear Quicklink". You can then reassociate it.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Naveronski is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Naveronski Send a message via AIM to Naveronski Send a message via MSN to Naveronski Send a message via Yahoo to Naveronski

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Unfortunately you can't prevent it from turning on when it goes into roaming. I've been wrestling with that all the way back to my mogul days.

You can, however prevent unwanted screen taps by using the lockscreen function. I use the slide to unlock so all I have to do is slide the slider over and my screen is unlocked.

As for turning it back off I chose the lowest power setting for the screen while on battery so it shuts the screen off after 30 seconds of no use.

David
Aye, I usually use the lock, but had just forgotten to use it. That's disappointing about the roaming turnon, though.

Anyone else know about how to restore the home screen to defaults?
Old 12-30-2010, 04:48 PM
sly
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

sly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIP

Quote:

Anyone else know about how to restore the home screen to defaults?
CHTEditor > Import Settings > there's a saved setting for "Stock ROM Layout" (if you don't see it, browse to \Program Files\CHTEditor). That'll restore all CHT settings back to NRG's defaults.

Last edited by sly; 12-30-2010 at 04:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

Holysmoke is just getting started

is there an option to record calls on this rom?
Old 12-30-2010, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Naveronski is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
CHTEditor > Import Settings > there's a saved setting for "Stock ROM Layout" (if you don't see it, browse to \Program Files\CHTEditor). That'll restore all CHT settings back to NRG's defaults.
Thank you, but I don't seem to have any files in there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development