PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 19| 21916|23148 * Sense 20

Time for my weekly check-in:

1. SPB. Upgraded to 3.5.5 and remembered why I have a love/hate with MS. 3.5.5 use the bing widget, and as usual treats you like your stupid and gives you 2 options for your search, neither of which you want. Then as a snarky joke wont load any google icons even after you manually reload google maps. I restored to 3.5.1.

Anyone know of a weather app like htc with live location?

2. WKTask. Loved it on my Axim, hate it on my TP2. Mainly because my axim had twice the screen and I did not have 4 eyes back then. I keep my TP2 on the dash of my truck and could run over several dogs, a transit bus and a CHP while squinting at the screen. I'll just stick with arkswitch, thank you.

3. Opera mini. Rocks, love it, best ever, used it for years but........ How do you get it not to overlap the top task-bar. It drives me crazy tying to switch between programs.

4. SKTools. Came across a copy of SKTools when cleaning up my desktop. I now use Memmaid and Cleanram to keep my TP2 uncluttered, but thought I would load SK and see how it worked. Cleanup worked fine, but when I had it "tune" my TP for max performace, I lost 25 megs of ram!!! I did not need its edge (if any) that bad. So it went away.

5. Have not had time to flash new builds and see if DRM works. If anyone can check and let me know its worth bonus points .

TTFN

Last edited by swlaraut; 11-21-2010 at 10:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 19| 21916|23148 * Sense 20

Does anyone have a problem with the cht2.0 messaging widget? since the beta the "mark message a read" after a timeout function works perfectly on the email widget, but not on the messaging widget. (it marks the txt as read x seconds after receiving, not after x seconds of viewing the widget). I asked about this in the cht thread and i was told that the widget should work perfectly. it was even confirmed that it works when installing the cht2.0 cab on nrg standard. They suggested it may have to do with nrg cooking it in. So am i the only one with this problem?

(i'm on 6.5 sensity)
Old 11-22-2010, 08:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

friedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm having fun doing the flashdance each week, but honestly, it's getting to the point where I don't see any difference other than a chance in the icons. Is there anything left to do Windows Mobile 6.5.x? Why is MS wasting resources continuing to develop any of the 6.5.x branches? The ROM is stable, looks cool, and I can still dual boot into Android. The real issue with Windows Mobile 6.5.x has always been a lack of cool "killer" apps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC P3600
Carrier: Vodafone

aalim is just getting started

I have two issues:

1. There is no shut down or restart when i long press power button or cancel button

2. When phone is connected to blutooth earphone the ringtone is mute and only heard through earphone so i miss all the calls when connected.

Thanks
Old 11-22-2010, 09:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Orange

Monfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmjb View Post
I'm having fun doing the flashdance each week, but honestly, it's getting to the point where I don't see any difference other than a chance in the icons. Is there anything left to do Windows Mobile 6.5.x? Why is MS wasting resources continuing to develop any of the 6.5.x branches? The ROM is stable, looks cool, and I can still dual boot into Android. The real issue with Windows Mobile 6.5.x has always been a lack of cool "killer" apps.
I think it is too early to speak like this...in the last roms we had the Start Menu replacements, CHT2.0, some new themes (sencity and touch of glass) and some new WM builds (i like 28244...i had no issues at all...and it is really fast!!).
So we had a lot of new great stuff!!!
There are a lot of new things developed by XDA, PPCgeeks, MobileUnderground (and other forum)'s members.
For example i want to try THIS as soon as possible.

19th November for sure is not a major release...only a few fixes and a new WM6.5.X build...but for sure in the future we will have roms with big improvements.

Microsoft and HTC have to support their latest models with WM6.5(.X)...and even if WP7 is out, devices with WM6.5(.X) are still for sale.
Microsoft stated they will not kill WM6.5(.X) when WP7 will started to be sold. Mobile phone with this OS are like little laptops in our pockets (maybe for this they are called Pocket PC?!? , while WP7 is a bad copy of Iphone...

I think we are lucky having China (and Dopod/HTC China)!! Oboe came out a month ago...and for sure it will receive 1-2 updated roms in the next months...maybe also the Leo will receive a COM3/COM5 rom...

So for some other months we will have new ingredients for our Rhods...

Last edited by Monfro; 11-22-2010 at 09:16 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Longview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

For me, Nov 19th is a HUGE improvement. I am not sure what the problem was but the last couple of versions were just dogs. Even overclocked they would take several seconds to switch between tabs. I could type and would have to wait several seconds for the chars to appear on the screen. Very slow.
With Nov 19th (23148 ), I am now blazing fast .
Thanks NRG.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG LS855
Carrier: Sprint

t-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalim View Post
I have two issues:

1. There is no shut down or restart when i long press power button or cancel button

2. When phone is connected to blutooth earphone the ringtone is mute and only heard through earphone so i miss all the calls when connected.

Thanks
The solution to your first issue is here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1999782-post28552.html
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Airtel

RexRzr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
Either turn off the "Full Eye Candy" or overclock. There is only so many things our small but dedicated processor can handle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Two things to consider: 1. Never judge a ROM's speed immediately after a fresh flash. Give it a couple days to settle in and it should get better. And, more importantly, 2. If you have a "slow" SD card, it will slow things down considerably. I can tell a huge difference between how my stuff loads on my CII 4 gig SD card and my CVI 8 gig SD card. Its like day and night. If the picture and music tabs are very slow and you are running a slower card, then there is your problem.

David
As for the CHT 2.0...I understand that it's the old TP2 processor which is not being able to keep up. However...the slowdown issue of "Photos & Videos" and "Music" tabs is happening only when I rotate the phone (i.e. the screen) and the photos or the music files get horizontally lined up (which is a cool effect but stuttering as hell in my TP2). It happens even when the SD card is taken out (the vertical scrolling of photos and musics from the SD card is as fast as it should be...so it's not a problem of the card). Anyway...it must also be happening because of the processor speed. I've found a reg key to turn the screen rotation animation off for those 2 tabs but...
Old 11-22-2010, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Herman
Carrier: Telus

Van G is just getting started

Could someone on a carrier other than Telus test out the '+1' dialing for me on any of the current cab's?

Just want to confirm if you dial any number in the format +1 ###-###-#### and hit talk that it does not insert 011 in front of the number?

TIA

Telus Rhodium - Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.1.8.5.Jul.04 - Radio 1.92.00WV - Voyager 510
Old 11-22-2010, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

slthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am on Verizon and had the same +1 dialing issue with this latest ROM release. I had to make the registry edit for "PlusCodeEnable" described in:

Country Code +1 (plus one) being dialed for contacts synched from Outlook - xda-developers

I also had to apply the Verizon Keyboard fix CAB as well as a registry edit for ActiveSync to connect to our corporate Exchange server (found it on the xda-developers forum as well). I was receiving an ActiveSync error code I searched on.

Other than that - this is a fantastic ROM. I went with the basic energy ROM without the CHT 2.0. I have a lot of email and contacts and the phone is a bit sluggish. I wanted the fastest performance I could find and this ROM is fantastic thus far 2 days into it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development