View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 09:11 AM
Monfro
PPCGeeks Regular

Monfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 19| 21916|23148 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmjb View Post
I'm having fun doing the flashdance each week, but honestly, it's getting to the point where I don't see any difference other than a chance in the icons. Is there anything left to do Windows Mobile 6.5.x? Why is MS wasting resources continuing to develop any of the 6.5.x branches? The ROM is stable, looks cool, and I can still dual boot into Android. The real issue with Windows Mobile 6.5.x has always been a lack of cool "killer" apps.
I think it is too early to speak like this...in the last roms we had the Start Menu replacements, CHT2.0, some new themes (sencity and touch of glass) and some new WM builds (i like 28244...i had no issues at all...and it is really fast!!).
So we had a lot of new great stuff!!!
There are a lot of new things developed by XDA, PPCgeeks, MobileUnderground (and other forum)'s members.
For example i want to try THIS as soon as possible.

19th November for sure is not a major release...only a few fixes and a new WM6.5.X build...but for sure in the future we will have roms with big improvements.

Microsoft and HTC have to support their latest models with WM6.5(.X)...and even if WP7 is out, devices with WM6.5(.X) are still for sale.
Microsoft stated they will not kill WM6.5(.X) when WP7 will started to be sold. Mobile phone with this OS are like little laptops in our pockets (maybe for this they are called Pocket PC?!? , while WP7 is a bad copy of Iphone...

I think we are lucky having China (and Dopod/HTC China)!! Oboe came out a month ago...and for sure it will receive 1-2 updated roms in the next months...maybe also the Leo will receive a COM3/COM5 rom...

So for some other months we will have new ingredients for our Rhods...

Last edited by Monfro; 11-22-2010 at 09:16 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.