PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brunopuntzjones is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 8| 21916|21684 * Sense 201

When I download the roms, they only contain an .exe file and the nbh file. Double-clicking the .exe does nothing

Something I'm missing here? I don't have any prior roms on this PC anymore to load and I'm stuck on stock
Old 11-12-2010, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

friedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 8| 21916|21684 * Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
FAQ - Final #1
Please review this & see if there are any major setup issues.
How about adding three more to section 2:
1. Overclocking
2. NRG's fix for getting rid of the annoying Roaming messages
3. How to change your Page Pool to 0

Can't wait to get home from work so I can flash again! Great work.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:56 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunopuntzjones View Post
When I download the roms, they only contain an .exe file and the nbh file. Double-clicking the .exe does nothing

Something I'm missing here? I don't have any prior roms on this PC anymore to load and I'm stuck on stock
Unzip the 2 rom files you dl'ed the unzip these to the same directory and then run the update utility as normal
Attached Files
File Type: zip Missing files.zip (294.0 KB, 28 views) Click for barcode!

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:58 PM
I MADE IT!!!

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmjb View Post
How about adding three more to section 2:
1. Overclocking
2. NRG's fix for getting rid of the annoying Roaming messages
3. How to change your Page Pool to 0

Can't wait to get home from work so I can flash again! Great work.
Dont get krazy and flash Nov. 11th SMS is broke fix coming in Nov. 12th!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:07 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Darn the fixed Nov. 11 isn't up yet. I was hoping to flash it before I left work so I would have something to mess around with during my train ride home...

I changed my Page Pool to 0, haven't really noticed any improvement...

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 11-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

1. Wow Tera, great wiki.

2. SPB shell Q. Back before cookie and just as max was doing his first project, someone recommended that we try titanium with SPB shell, so I did. Lets face it SPB is very functional, but not aesthetic. With the coming of max and them cookie, and the inability to quickly swap, I did not give it a real shakedown. So now that I have stripped down to 2.1, no cookie no max, I decided to give it a real try.

The verdict so far is, very nice but not sold yet. I like a lot of its features. As far as speed is concerned, its close. 2.1 is as stripped down as you can get in TF, but there is maybe a little more lag to it still.

Now the Q.
1. Can you backup your SPB shell settings so if you want to migrate to a new rom you can restore?
2. I got the 3 home screens set, but now I would like the middle one on the right and the right one in the middle. Can you move a whole screen or do you have to rebuild?

Thx all
Old 11-12-2010, 04:19 PM
I MADE IT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
1. Wow Tera, great wiki.

2. SPB shell Q. Back before cookie and just as max was doing his first project, someone recommended that we try titanium with SPB shell, so I did. Lets face it SPB is very functional, but not aesthetic. With the coming of max and them cookie, and the inability to quickly swap, I did not give it a real shakedown. So now that I have stripped down to 2.1, no cookie no max, I decided to give it a real try.

The verdict so far is, very nice but not sold yet. I like a lot of its features. As far as speed is concerned, its close. 2.1 is as stripped down as you can get in TF, but there is maybe a little more lag to it still.

Now the Q.
1. Can you backup your SPB shell settings so if you want to migrate to a new rom you can restore?
2. I got the 3 home screens set, but now I would like the middle one on the right and the right one in the middle. Can you move a whole screen or do you have to rebuild?

Thx all

Yes you can backup everything with something like spb backup. then restore when flashing an new rom (Just make sure "Force Rom Update Mode" is checked). As for moving pages around i dont think moving them is possible but i could be wrong! i think there is a setting to choose the default page that might help!
Old 11-12-2010, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jrgolfpro is becoming a great contributor

I don't know if this a known issue but I'm using the reference rom and anytime the keyboard is out and the screen is in landscape mode, the blinking cursor doesn't show up in any programs... For instance when I Tweet using HTC Peep, i'll normally flip the keyboard open and type it... I however, cannot see where I will be typing or trying to edit unless its in landscape mode which makes it kinda of frustrating
Old 11-12-2010, 04:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

@ teradog
You need to fix the links that go back to your guide, like for "battery life too short" and "low memory". I was going to fix it yesterday for you but I didn't want to do anything while you were working on it.

Like what you have done and all the time you've spent on it also like the idea of restricted area myself. Hopefully people realize it's a FAQ (frequently) asked, not just one persons problem when posting there.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
Yes you can backup everything with something like spb backup. then restore when flashing an new rom (Just make sure "Force Rom Update Mode" is checked). As for moving pages around i dont think moving them is possible but i could be wrong! i think there is a setting to choose the default page that might help!
Thanks and 1 more Q's I forgot. Anyone know why some of the icons do not generate SPB?

Also when I switch to SPB it free's up about 5 megs more of ram, not bad.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development