PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2010, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 20| 21916|21682 * Sense 2018

Interesting business model Swype has:
-We don't want you to use our product for free (perfectly understandable)
-We don't want to sell our product to you (even you would pay us much more for the product, maybe $2.99) because you are too much trouble, even though you are our natural customer that loves our product.
-We will sell our product to Microsoft and Google (maybe for $0.40)

It is like GM or Ford saying, dealing with dealers and customers is too much work. We will only sell to car rental customers, so people can drive our cars and see how good they are, but they can't buy them. Car dealers buy cars in bulk at prices where car companies don't make hardly any money. Before it went broke, Chrysler was selling 80% of their vehicles to fleets, we all know how the story ended.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo
Carrier: tmo

freshpl is a n00b
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 20| 21916|21682 * Sense 2018

love the new sencity but
where the appointments used to be now i have the notification icons how do i get back my appointments back?

also i cannot install skype again keeps saying unsuccessful
Old 10-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

huntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuff

Just installed latest 21682 Cookie 2.0 rom and am loving this one - Cookie is the fastest I have seen on any rom so far. Thanks NRG.

One quesiton for now, is nueBattery comparable with this rom and thanks.

Gary
Old 10-21-2010, 03:53 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

Quote:
Originally Posted by alalor View Post
-We don't want to sell our product to you (even you would pay us much more for the product, maybe $2.99) because you are too much trouble, even though you are our natural customer that loves our product.

It is like GM or Ford saying, dealing with dealers and customers is too much work. We will only sell to car rental customers, so people can drive our cars and see how good they are, but they can't buy them. Car dealers buy cars in bulk at prices where car companies don't make hardly any money. Before it went broke, Chrysler was selling 80% of their vehicles to fleets, we all know how the story ended.
AMEN to that brother!!!!!

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 10-21-2010, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

jmana is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
three posts above yours has a link to the xda site that explains what's going on, bottom line is that if you have a rom with it in it already then your good, also it states that Chefs can still use it and cook it into the roms but they will not host the files or cabs for swype due to a license issue, so if you can find a cab for it or like the rom that you are using with it in there now you are good, and last thing, if NRG decides to cook it into the roms we are also good, xda is like that now, i expect ppcgeeks to follow suite if they haven't already in having the same policy towards hosting the files for swype.

That's my problem, it was in the ROM I am currently using, and now it just isn't there. Is there some way to turn it on and off? I have tried everything. I even installed a Swype .cab, but even that did nothing for me.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:12 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmana View Post
That's my problem, it was in the ROM I am currently using, and now it just isn't there. Is there some way to turn it on and off? I have tried everything. I even installed a Swype .cab, but even that did nothing for me.
Install the cab then go into txt mess., then click on the keyboard icon to bring up the stock one, click on keyboard icon agian to bring up the options for it and in there you should be able to select it!
Old 10-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

ryocho is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
i never heard of the wifi on standby cab not working before, you must have something installed that it's not liking and not playing well with, like was said the only thing we know to do is to install one of the cabs or change the setting in bsbtweaks, are you sure you soft reset after installing the cabs or making the reg change?
I've been having that problem since I first installed energy rom without anything else installed. I thought it might be because I have lockscreen set up but I disabled that but still the wifi would cut out when the phone goes to sleep. Any else I am missing?
Old 10-21-2010, 08:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Shift 4G

prboy1969 is keeping up the good workprboy1969 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by alalor View Post

Agreeded. =D>

Old 10-21-2010, 09:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

pcmanager is becoming a great contributor

I installed the iphonetoday yesterday, its very fast and low ram but development seems to have stopped around april, most threads i checked are dead too unless i missed one. I am having trouble finding a good clock to put on home screen. The one that iphone shows is too small and 24 hour, want 12. I looked through the reg and cant find the right keys to change if possible. I really like it for the speed and freeze free operation. nice status info icons too. One last question, I clicked the GPRS icon and the green light came on icon, clicked several more times and wont go out, this means what, sorry dont know what GPRS is LOL! Thanks, now back to search n read I tried getting the two icon digital clock from this link working. Finally installed to root on device after looking at mortscript file but clock still didnt display right. Could someone take a look at this and give some help? Thanks http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=545162

Last edited by pcmanager; 10-21-2010 at 11:53 PM. Reason: searching
Old 10-21-2010, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Scrufdog is keeping up the good workScrufdog is keeping up the good work

how do I get rid of the activesync icon? Do I even need activesync running if I never use it, and never set up an email account? First custom flash for this phone, coming from Sprint 6.5.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development