PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2010, 10:31 AM
Jim8181

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 20| 21916|21682 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Ha!
Oct 8 681 cookie 2 here.. New record for me! Almost 2 weeks.. darn proud... perhaps I deserve a treat... ROM flash?.. nope
When an OS works this good... no desire to jump another

You've gotta get rid of that avatar... it makes me thirsty.. & a clock watcher... 5 yet?.... nope... wellllll how about noon? .... nope.... ahhh

HEY DAME, didn't see any word back on NK or C2 final.. you?
Tera, we need a suport group. It's late at night that gets me "jonesn" (is that a word?).
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

prboy1969 is keeping up the good workprboy1969 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 20| 21916|21682 * Sense 2018

Been running 21682 CHT2.0 Touch of Glass Oct. 20th / OC'd to 729Mhz for almost a full day =D>. Fast and Stable. NRG well done Sir. Best yet. No freezes, no issues, even with heavy multitasking. Running CSM and stock PP. On soft reset 110MB . I am a Happy individual.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

jmana is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by captobie View Post
Probably has something to do with this:

XDA Notice: Swype | xda-developers

I get that it won't be cooked into new roms, but it was already on the rom I am still using, how the heck would they be able to remove it after it was already installed on my device? Guess it's possible though, or else it was some trial version. Any idea how to get it back?
Old 10-21-2010, 11:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

huntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuff

Quote:
Ha!
Oct 8 681 cookie 2 here.. New record for me! Almost 2 weeks.. darn proud... perhaps I deserve a treat... ROM flash?.. nope
When an OS works this good... no desire to jump another
Teradog,
Thanks for your great guides. Where can I get the rom you are running and thanks.

Gary
Old 10-21-2010, 11:52 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim8181 View Post
Tera, we need a suport group. It's late at night that gets me "jonesn" (is that a word?).
For me these days? Diet Tonic, lots of lime.. hold the gin! (a very very dry gin & tonic...) :>)) Gone are the T&T days... Yes, jonesn was part of my vocab for a long time! :>)) (no i've never had / needed to say your opening line... hi my name is..., luckily :>))

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnyc View Post
Teradog,
Thanks for your great guides. Where can I get the rom you are running and thanks. Gary
Someone may have it uploaded somewhere... usually Dame (DatBioDame) has them uploaded somewhere if you PM him... I see NO difference at all in downloading the 682 cookie 2 on hotfile right now... (I don't use gtx, dinik..etc., plain cookie)

I'd love to do it & use a 28 or 32 pp OR ZERO...
need a report from friedMJ to see how he likes it today...

I'm just not going through all the hassle anymore for a simple OS upgrade.. all summer the MSOS sucked so bad I couldn't wait to get off it.. Now things are just about perfect.. personally will wait for cmonex NK & Cookie 2 final for my next flash.. then I'm done (again) :>))

So, my 2 cents? DL & install the one I mentioned (on hot file now), look @ my howto guide in my sig for details on setting page pool & the download link if you don't have it.... what cabs & stuff I run if you want... also how to get 120MB free RAM, etc.. Skip down to steps IV. and past if you're an experienced flasher. ~nice sig btw
*edit* ha! just noticed your screen name... "hunt" NYC?! .. now upstate I understand, but in the city? :>) (bedbugs & rats come to mind... but don't mean to insult anyone :>))))

*edit*
If you have any issues, post here, someone will help... I'm grabbing my shotgun & heading out hunting right now... kids teachers conf..., back maybe Fri night maybe... so if someone asks me a Q & no answer i'm not blowing you off... later

Last edited by teradog; 10-21-2010 at 11:58 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

head honch is becoming a great contributor

has anyone else had a problem using PIM Backup when trying to restore after flashing? for the past 3 times i've flashed my phone the PIB file comes up invalid i've been having to restore from my back up on the 5th, and that's a lot of missing data for me to lose anyone have any advice on what to do?
Old 10-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmana View Post
I get that it won't be cooked into new roms, but it was already on the rom I am still using, how the heck would they be able to remove it after it was already installed on my device? Guess it's possible though, or else it was some trial version. Any idea how to get it back?
three posts above yours has a link to the xda site that explains what's going on, bottom line is that if you have a rom with it in it already then your good, also it states that Chefs can still use it and cook it into the roms but they will not host the files or cabs for swype due to a license issue, so if you can find a cab for it or like the rom that you are using with it in there now you are good, and last thing, if NRG decides to cook it into the roms we are also good, xda is like that now, i expect ppcgeeks to follow suite if they haven't already in having the same policy towards hosting the files for swype.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:08 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by head honch View Post
has anyone else had a problem using PIM Backup when trying to restore after flashing? for the past 3 times i've flashed my phone the PIB file comes up invalid i've been having to restore from my back up on the 5th, and that's a lot of missing data for me to lose anyone have any advice on what to do?
i haven't heard of anyone else having an issue using PIM Back-up to restore some files, i would say that you have a bad flash or something else you have installed is messing with the restore of PIM, that's just my guess, i haven't flashed a new rom in like a month so i can't swear to it, but i haven't read of anyone else having this issue.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:14 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by head honch View Post
I've used PIM backup perfectly fine, no problems for the last few releases (10/20, 10/14, 10/8, etc.) Maybe set PIM backup to the XDC folder? I just run XDC and it runs PIM backup for me and I've had no issues.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 10-21-2010, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

friedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I'd love to do it & use a 28 or 32 pp OR ZERO...
need a report from friedMJ to see how he likes it today...
It's been 24 hrs, with 10/20 .sencity and a zero page pool. The only issue I have experienced is with bluetooth in my car - most likely self-inflicted.

Not worth upgrading from 10/8, or 10/14.

I personally really like the .sencity theme. Nice and basic. GTX is too bright for me; touch of glass and Dinik look nice, but .sencity is my favorite so far.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development