PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2010, 09:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bondosho is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 20| 21916|21682 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
My brother has the epic.
It is truely excellent unit, fast and the screen is quite amazing,
but the keyboard is smaller.
Nothing beats the TP2 keyboard.
TP2 at full brighteness can match Epic at low brightness.

The Evo by comparison to both is a sad, slower and very dull screened device.
Yes my TP2 overclocked at just 748Mhz can match or beat my co-workers Evo 50% of the time.
True that the keyboard isn't as good, but after 10 minutes of use, I have found that it's very good. But the main thing is, I've only had to reboot after an OTA update. It's nice having a phone that is stable, and doesn't lock up 3 times a day (WinMo, not hardware, issue).
Old 10-25-2010, 10:10 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 20| 21916|21682 * Sense 2018

This is the NRGZ28 ROM Forum
The Android Epic is completely unrelated to a Windows Touch Pro 2.

It neither enhances performance, nor runs on top of it.

Please post in the correct forum and continue your discussions:
Samsung Epic vs TP2
Phone Comparison
Off Topic Chatter
Off topic
Android Samsung Devices
Epic 4G
General Android Discussion

Dropped Epic - Went to TP2
Touch Pro 2 Named The Best Phone Ever!!!!

Certain off topic latitude is granted to long time frequent posters here with a rep of helping others... certainly not noob status.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Orange

Monfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Contact pictures in dialer

Hi,
i have noticed that contact pictures in dialer are not shown.
With the phone canvas i was using on my GSM Rapahel, it was shown (Leo 2G ported by pyrorob).
I know that the dialer cooked in is not one of the latest from HTC (CDMA doesn't support Conference Call; anyway i think that a lot of people like me are using this phone out of USA, with GSM/HDSPA).

I installed a new dialer (Phone_Canvas_Enhancement_2G_4_2_62520161.cab from pyrorob): contact pictures now appear in dialer, but there is also the "famous" overlap of the pad icon in the middle of the softbar (i am using wm6.5.X, this dialer is perfect for wm6.5 eg 21916).

I will search for other dialers compatible with wm6.5.X, to have (at least) contact pictures shown in dialer.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

estral is just getting started

OK folks I am in real trouble here, hope I can get some help.

I upgraded mhy phone to the latest rom release. Everything worked, then I restored from Sprite backup. I have done this process before.

Now I cannot get my phone to work. It does boot and show the ROM versions and the buttons light up. BUT...

I cannot get it to display anything onthe screen, hard reset or be recognized by my pc. It will soft reset using the red button in the phone.

Pleas help, TIA.

Uncle Eric
Old 10-25-2010, 12:28 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondosho View Post
I never have felt the need to hack my phone since I picked up the Epic on Aug 31st.
well then your not a real Hacker... nuff said!!!! lmao

"a real hacker, hacks when no hacks need to be made"
Old 10-25-2010, 01:22 PM
Lurker

estral is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by estral View Post
OK folks I am in real trouble here, hope I can get some help.

I upgraded mhy phone to the latest rom release. Everything worked, then I restored from Sprite backup. I have done this process before.

Now I cannot get my phone to work. It does boot and show the ROM versions and the buttons light up. BUT...

I cannot get it to display anything onthe screen, hard reset or be recognized by my pc. It will soft reset using the red button in the phone.

Pleas help, TIA.

Uncle Eric
IDIOT ALERT FROM THE IDIOT!

I have fixed everything, I was pressing the incorrect buttons for the reset. Oh well, I hope this is the dumbist thing I do all day.

Thanks again for reading.

Uncle Eric
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
new ROMs 21683 tomorrow
and GTX CHT 2.0
NRG twitter
Will this have the Cemonex Patch?
Old 10-25-2010, 01:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jellysweep is a n00b

Current version: Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.sencity.Oct. 20

Lock Device, from miscellaneous quick links doesn't work. Fresh install. Sprint TP2.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:11 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post
Re. NK patch & tonights new ROMs (21683), At least 3 I know, (incl. myself) have tweeted him about it.. no response, doubt it
Search in his xda blackstone gave nothing either.. a subject not up for discussion yet...

Last edited by teradog; 10-25-2010 at 02:23 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

madjokeer is keeping up the good workmadjokeer is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post
what does that patch do, i tried researching it, no luck..??

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development