PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

nyr56 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 4| 21914|24631 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmjb View Post
Almost 25k messages posted. I wish we could delete the ones that are unnecessary and outdated.

or better yet

NRG, could you just start a new thread and close out this one?
Not that I have any say, but I agree. In my eyes, it would be better to have a new thread for every few releases. These threads are so unorganized it just leads to repeat questions and repost after repost. The worst part though, is that I'm sure I've missed out on some great tips since there's no way I can read 600 pages when things have changed so much from the beginning anyway.

Oh well, at least the ROMs are the best, bar none.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr56 View Post
The worst part though, is that I'm sure I've missed out on some great tips since there's no way I can read 600 pages when things have changed so much from the beginning anyway.

Oh well, at least the ROMs are the best, bar none. =D>
I do agree on that point. MM did do a clean up for his thread but kept the high number of views and posts in the PPCgeeks record.

What I could suggest though, everytime someone has a great tip to share with the community, He would just start his post by "Great Tip" then state his post.

That way, we could all just type "Great Tip" in the search thread and that way the "great tips" could always be found easily. I think "Great Tip" should be used. Just my .02 cent
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
I do agree on that point. MM did do a clean up for his thread but kept the high number of views and posts in the PPCgeeks record.

What I could suggest though, everytime someone has a great tip to share with the community, He would just start his post by "Great Tip" then state his post.

That way, we could all just type "Great Tip" in the search thread and that way the "great tips" could always be found easily. I think "Great Tip" should be used. Just my .02 cent
Who makes the decision on what is a "Great Tip" or not. I fear that even if this was implemented everything would soon be a great tip..... and we would be back to square 1
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:37 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
it's been a busy place around here since i left, i left for like 4 days and there was 9 pages to read when i got back today, haven't seen to much chatter on the newest 24631 rom, but i'll dowload it and give it a run within the next day and see what has changed and how the battery lasts.

Oh almost forgot, congrats to the new VIP members <sorry if i misspell your name or forget someone i'm old and have a short memory lol> TheWahlrus, DatBoi, and Max134 welcome to the club.
"or forget someone i'm old and have a short memory lol"... ha! yep, & DaveTN is about our age as well! :>)) I've already quit smoking cigars!

BATTERY!
In My Humble Opinion... sucks. I can watch it drop, this morning @ 3:40 watched a % a minute. When it's in sleep mode... the BEST I've ever seen... Just completely died on me from 100% this morning...

OK MAXX, going to give Your bad boy battery cab a try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neudof View Post
Who makes the decision on what is a "Great Tip" or not. I fear that even if this was implemented everything would soon be a great tip..... and we would be back to square 1
LOL!! Yep & then he'd just re-post it again 2 pages later... & then again & again...

Last edited by teradog; 09-07-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Agentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuff

It has been a long time since I have used a 21XXX ROM from NRG, I am a big fan of 23XXX's. Is the time on the top right of the 21XXX ROM's or is it just a task monitor?

Been having a few SOD's on 8.28 23XXX randomly and it is getting to be very annoying. Not sure if it is worth it to try the 21XXX version of 9.4 or just stick with the 24XXX and hope its fixed.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr56 View Post
Not that I have any say, but I agree. In my eyes, it would be better to have a new thread for every few releases. These threads are so unorganized it just leads to repeat questions and repost after repost. The worst part though, is that I'm sure I've missed out on some great tips since there's no way I can read 600 pages when things have changed so much from the beginning anyway.

Oh well, at least the ROMs are the best, bar none. =D>
I do agree with clean up in this thread but a new thread every few releases? Heck no, thats just going too far and doesnt make sense especially since he updates his ROM twice a week
Old 09-07-2010, 02:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

The majority of the congestion in this thread are from some (not all) users that DONT read and users that DONT take advantage of the search function even users that DONT troubleshoot their issue them selves first.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
The majority of the congestion in this thread are from some (not all) users that DONT read and users that DONT take advantage of the search function even users that DONT troubleshoot their issue them selves first.
Exactly. No one tries to THINK or SEARCH. They just post here.
As much as we re going to repeat it and say, it's going to be neglected.

This is why i never tell people Search, Read, because in the end, 3 posts later they re going to ask it again. So I just cut to the chase and give them what they want
Old 09-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2wishin View Post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=24610

September 4th, 2010

• 24631 Build ... Fast !
  • Improved virtual memory management, default pagepool changed for some devices
  • Widget in Internet explorer pointing to current hotfixes for easy access right on the phone
  • Theme fixes
  • Some new icons and some updated
  • People tab in Sense 50% opaque
  • Add to Contacts problem fixed
  • Language resources updated (thanks to Pyrorob)
It seems all you gotta do around here to get thanks is to repost the Change Log. It's very popular.

I am on the Sep 4th Cookie 6.5.x ROM. going ok. I was using Hypnotics Battery tweaks, but I am gonna try the new Cab. I have a problem that I can reproduce though and I am wondering if anyone else does. When I start an e-mail, and I start typing the address, I normally get a list of matching contacts. That no longer seems to work, UNless you it the back space key a couple of times. Very strange.
Otherwise the flow is good and pretty solid. I did have one other problem and that was when I dialed a number from the contact, the wrong number showed up on the dialer. It actually dialed the right number, but I thought it weird.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
When I start an e-mail, and I start typing the address, I normally get a list of matching contacts. That no longer seems to work, UNless you it the back space key a couple of times. Very strange.
Because you are using SWYPE.
Change your keyboard to FULL QUERTY or anything else, the problem will go.
Its a SWYPE bug.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development