PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2010, 02:11 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 8| 21916|24634 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
What I do to tether is find a nice piece of Big Red gum. Chew that up, get it nice and sticky. Then I take a piece of paracord, and use the gum to affix it to the phone. Then I tie the whole shebang to a piece of pipe.

Verizon has NEVER charged me extra for this...
and your post has what to do with that guy being lazy, cheap?
Old 09-14-2010, 02:18 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtomaso View Post
For those that have tried the newest rom...

Any chance the tethering issue has been fixed yet? I know that with these newer rom's, there is a fix available; yet, I can not bring myself to buy a blank sim card.

Thanks for any feedback on this.
Brother I am tethering right neeeooowww from the 23xxx Dinik... I have been tethering on the last 300 builds with no issue.......EXCEPT I do have to set it up to do so by doing the following methods which I also believe help my batt. life.

Only issue I have had in past few months builds is when weather or "The Twitter" (love Betty) update auto it disconnects tethered connection.....

So here is the Whotahn low down.......that was 5 other guy/gals low down before today but I am feeling type-a-delic today.

After flash ritual..... I turn weather auto updates off and twitter auto updates off. I think saves batt in long run. I can manually update as need be. more on this at end of my diddy.

I place in a quick link the Data kill toggle and Internet Sharing. I have QLs set up and saved in Exporter folder so they load after flash during XDA_UC.

At this point you are ready to roll. Hit the data Kill QL, data signal is killed(visible by looking at TB world icon above sig bars turns into an antenna) then hit the Int. Sharing QL, when it comes up hit connect before hooking device up, it will say "check usb connection" at that point hook er up and you should be golden.

As mentioned above only issue I had before was auto updates to weather and Twitter disconnected my int sharing connection. This occurrence forced me to unplug, hit the Data kill QL, then the int. sharing and connect then replug. SO technically if you are only gonna int. share for a lil while you could still have auto updates on just beware they will kill your connection if the update during int. sharing. YES I know you can hook to int sharing by just pluggin in and selecting it....BUT this does not kill data which has to be done prior to it accepting int. sharing connection. So yes you could kill data with switch and plug in skipping the Int. Sharing Ql...but sometimes you will get the Waiting for Network message and it won't connect to Int. Sharing.

EDIT: OK so I am a jackass and sometime put myself in front of the cart rather than the horse...... If you don't have a sim card in this isn't gonna help ya..... I don't remember that work around because I don't need it. The Big V hooks us up with a Sim card and I have never needed to remove it other than to play with Froyo Baggins awhile and then I always put it back in..

Last edited by Whotahn; 09-14-2010 at 02:30 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

What is the advantage of tethering vs wifi router? Battery?

I just use wifi router. . .
Old 09-14-2010, 02:26 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achristocat View Post
P.S. what does it take to not be a Lurker?

I don't *feel* like a lurker....

I agree.... I never felt like lurker......that just sounds creepy lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
What is the advantage of tethering vs wifi router? Battery?

I just use wifi router. . .
Yes for me it is battery. I kill two birds with one stone. Charge the batt while surfin the internet.... WIFI simply drains the battery. You can always plug it in and set near it though. Been tethering since old TP1 days before the wifi was incorporated.

Last edited by Whotahn; 09-14-2010 at 02:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
and your post has what to do with that guy being lazy, cheap?
Just an injection of humor, nothing more...
Old 09-14-2010, 02:50 PM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
Just an injection of humor, nothing more...
ah ok, cool, i didn't mean to be a d**k bro, just hate when people want things handed to them on a platter as long as it doesn't require them to do any work, i don't mind helping or trying to help someone but at least make an effort to help yourself.

Last edited by KIOWA69; 09-14-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
ah ok, cool, i didn't mean to be a d**k bro, just hate when people want things handed to them on a platter as long as it doesn't require them to do any work, i don't mind helping or trying to help someone but at least make an effort to help yourself.
I understand. I get frustrated too for the same reasons.
Course, I am also one of the people who've done that in the past too.

So, in case anyone cares. I flashed the ROM o' the day, Cookie 23xxx style. and I'm just getting it squared away. First impression is that it feels more solid. The boxes for text message pop ups are more responsive. Like the old days of 23xxx. It's still synching, so Let you know more tomorrow.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

ichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

folks......i'm in need of some out-of-the-box advice

ive been flashing BRG NRG roms since EnergyROM_21876_RHOD500_24.Nov.2009_Standard.
i've never had a problem unlocking any of the phones until now.
my tp2 broke, verizon sent me a certified-as-new refurbished (yes sir, i'd like to look at that bridge in Brooklyn now please!) phone. and it will not unlock for love nor money.

i've done each of the trouble-shooting steps from the unlocker's software web page and still no go!

man, i'm on my 14th day without a flash...i'm starting to get shaky and seein' things...

has anyone had a situation like this and found a way around it?

i'm not new to flashing or unlocking/locking, but i am out of ideas.

i've even been down the flash from sd card track. this phone is defying me at all turns.

help me obi-wan-kenobe [insert your name here], you're my only hope.

thanks, marvin

Last edited by ichthus; 09-14-2010 at 03:41 PM. Reason: never heard of BRG roms? me either!
Old 09-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichthus View Post

ive been flashing BRG NRG roms since EnergyROM_21876_RHOD500_24.Nov.2009_Standard.
my tp2 broke, verizon sent me a certified-as-new refurbished (yes sir, i'd like to look at that bridge in Brooklyn now please!) phone. and it will not unlock for love nor money.

i've done each of the trouble-shooting steps from the unlocker's software web page and still no go!

man, i'm on my 14th day without a flash...i'm starting to get shaky and seein' things...

i've even been down the flash from sd card track. this phone is defying me at all turns.

thanks, marvin
You are the second person that I have noticed who's said that. Makes me wonder if they have figured out how to prevent us from flashing....

NOOOOOOOOO......

Hopefully it's something Simple. What versions are on the phone? Radio? Etc.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichthus View Post

thanks, marvin
i would say that your best bet is going to be to pm or email Ollie and those over there that make the unlockers and see if they have run into this before, might have to donate or whatever but at least you would be able to flash the phone as i'm sure they wouldn't quit until they figured it out.

does your phone activesync with the computer without any issues? have you tried taking the sd card and sim card if you have one in out to see if that matters?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development