PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Sprint

quickstang is keeping up the good workquickstang is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 4| 21914|24631 * Sense 2018

I'm gonna try the battery cab because my battery life is TERRIBLE.

Not running Wifi or bluetooth but even with the screen off it gets pretty bad. I went to bed with a full charge woke up by accident like 5hrs later and it was already 70%.

I have times where I have the screen on reading an RSS or something and i'll have it go down 3% in just that short amount of time.

So anything that can help battery life is appreciated. I'm running the CHT version and Aug 28th 21914 ROM.

Just not sure why battery life is so terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
Hey as a token of thanks to generosity of all who thanked me..

I am posting early my new tweak cab, that I am testing on energy roms.
It is not my final version, but should help alot with battery.

I was dissapointed with all other battery saving cabs out there so I research the new OS and made my own.
In this cab there is no fluff, no added extra non-associated extrees, no extra folders, apps or programs.
Just pure reg edits for smoother operation.
I did add some opera mem tweaks even though it is not battery saving.

ok I may change a few settings after I flash a few more roms to compare but you can try this for now:
EDIT: PIC of whats inside:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickstang View Post

Not running Wifi or bluetooth but even with the screen off it gets pretty bad. I went to bed with a full charge woke up by accident like 5hrs later and it was already 70%.

I have times where I have the screen on reading an RSS or something and i'll have it go down 3% in just that short amount of time.

So anything that can help battery life is appreciated. I'm running the CHT version and Aug 28th 21914 ROM.

Yeah the 25th & 28th ROMs r terrible for battery life. Give 9/4 a try or backtrack to an older ROM. Battery life will increase for u
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickstang View Post

Some roms have higher battery drain than normal ones. Others have had lower.

Are you getting bad battery on all roms? Have you tried different Radio?
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:08 PM
VIP Member

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

The Hot Fix widget in the new ROMs may not allow u to click links so NRG gave a direct link and here it is http://digs.by/c7IEFj

Last edited by DatBoiDame; 09-06-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Im not sure if this is related to the rom or not but has anyone had the problem where when u make a call it takes over 20-30 seconds to kick in and actually dial. Also there seems to be a problem in receiving a call as when i call my own phone from another line it would ring a few times then go to voicemail while on my phone there would be no indication that i had a call or missed it.

Data though seems to be working perfectly.
As a backlround it started this morning i was on the 8/25 dinik cookie rom so i thought ahh a good excuse to flash the new 9/4 rom so i did a task 29 and then flashed the new rom and then did a wipe device again just to make sure and still having the problem

Any ideas??

EDIT : Just flashed the Sprint Stock Rom and it stil had the problem i called sprint and they said its a problem with a few towers here in brookyln which they are working on ,so it wasnt the rom/phones fault .

HTC Universal-->Imate Jam(HTC Magician)-->Imate K-jam(HTC Wizard)-->HTC Mogul-->Touch Pro-->Touch Pro 2-->wonder what the next windows phone is going to be ??

Last edited by docnas; 09-06-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO/BOLD/Photon
Carrier: Sprint!

relisted is keeping up the good workrelisted is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to relisted Send a message via Skype™ to relisted
Angry Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 4| 21914|24631 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
I was editing my registry and noticed my issue was gone, but I did so much I dunno what I did to fix, but i will be posting a general tweak cab soon.

Ya I gave up on that a while back because of using CHT so I just selected it in CHT options for Homescreen and I just click & it takes me there.
Looky here for my detailed post:
i still dont understand how to do so.
in the link its like reading the middle of the discussion..
ive found the tmail.exe in total commander and its in /windows and /windows/startmenu/programs.
but when i go to CHT editor aplications click on messaging to change it to the default windows i cant find the icon or anything for Windows text just htc
maybe im a tard at life right now?

If someone helps you,click the "THANKS" button!
Or consider donating to chef or your rom!
Old 09-06-2010, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

shadowhawk2021 is becoming a great contributor

Anyone know how to change phones? I am trying to give my wifes line this phone since I went to the EVO. I am trying to find the Update Profile menu to enter the MSID number.

I'd hate to have to go back to stock, but will if I have to.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:41 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by relisted View Post
i still dont understand how to do so.
in the link its like reading the middle of the discussion..
ive found the tmail.exe in total commander and its in /windows and /windows/startmenu/programs.
but when i go to CHT editor aplications click on messaging to change it to the default windows i cant find the icon or anything for Windows text just htc
maybe im a tard at life right now?
I say keep trying to figure it out, sometimes I think too hard and keep overlooking something LOL sooner or later u gone find out how to do it and it will be something extremely simple. Happens to me ALL the time. I will try myself & if I can figure it out I will let u know
Old 09-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

nma305 is a n00b

I need help please, I have a Htc Tp 2 with the dinik glass rom and for some reason my phone say's i have an unread text message but I don't, I erase all messages and it goes away but as soon as I receive a text message again it say's I have 2 text and I really only have one. Please someone tell me how to get rid of this?
Old 09-06-2010, 08:04 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma305 View Post
I need help please, I have a Htc Tp 2 with the dinik glass rom and for some reason my phone say's i have an unread text message but I don't, I erase all messages and it goes away but as soon as I receive a text message again it say's I have 2 text and I really only have one. Please someone tell me how to get rid of this?
This is what u need, problem solved my friend
FixUnreadCount.zip
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development