PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 08:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

eazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 17| 21911|23569|23673 * Sense

Im seeing a few problems with the latest roms. Random lockups where the image of what you were doing last is on the screen but you cant do anything.. its just frozen. Also some applications seem to just close on their own no matter how many times you open them. Maybe it’s a auto close memory issue?? And sometimes when im in palringo I go to chat or something then see that the sense home screen action /setting menu is on the bottom as in palringo is no longer in the foreground.
im using cookie 23X from the 17th
Old 07-20-2010, 08:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

itster is keeping up the good workitster is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 17| 21911|23569|23673 * Sense

when you try to hang up using your bluetooth headset, it still hangs the phone. when trying through the touch screen via device it hangs up well. When trying to open a document through the docs tab the phone locks up and must be restarted

dunno if the docs tab has been reported but the hangup issue has been around for months now.

i have tried vins roms, lead roms, mighty's roms and these issues don't exist on their roms
Old 07-20-2010, 08:42 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
Try opening BSB Tweaks and turning the "Notification LED" off and then soft reset
Thanks, I never noticed BSB tweaks in the past. Looks pretty useful. I tried your suggestion and will see how it works.

Edit: OK, I tried it and I still have the blinking notification LED. I don't mind having the LED, I would just rather it blink for 5 mins and then quit. I'll keep digging. I went into advanced config and couldn't find any settings in there that would change it either.
Oh well, if thats my only "problem", I'm still very happy with this ROM. Especially battery. I have gone over 24 hours now and I'm still at 56% battery!

Thanks,
David

Last edited by DaveTN; 07-20-2010 at 08:58 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2!!!!

jp2307 is keeping up the good workjp2307 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy2001x View Post
Im seeing a few problems with the latest roms. Random lockups where the image of what you were doing last is on the screen but you cant do anything.. its just frozen. Also some applications seem to just close on their own no matter how many times you open them. Maybe it’s a auto close memory issue?? And sometimes when im in palringo I go to chat or something then see that the sense home screen action /setting menu is on the bottom as in palringo is no longer in the foreground.
im using cookie 23X from the 17th

I am having the exact same issues!!!

Hopefully NRG will post another ROM soon..Love his work (and i am not criticizing, just stating what i am experiencing with this 23XXX Jul 17 GTX Rom)

JP
Old 07-20-2010, 08:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

ChrisM510 is becoming a great contributor

Does anyone else use JETCET Print? Just wondering why it was removed... I might be part of a minority, but I use it from time to time...sometimes just to be a geek. I haven't seen it in any custom ROMs, so I went out and bought it after I switched to NRG ROMs exclusively.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by netengineer View Post
Mine was set to "GPRS" so I changed it to #777, I hope that works. I will test it in the morning and let you know. Thanks for the help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandfox24 View Post
That was definitely the problem. Could have happened if you used Advanced Config in the tools folder.
Thats interesting, because I went into advanced config and mine says under data connection:
GRPS Auto Attach: enabled (default)
GRPS Disconnect: Disable button (default)
Edge Icon: Disabled
HSDPA icon:enabled (deffault)
Legacy GRPS Notification: Enabled (default)
I thought those were GSM settings.

I'm on a Sprint CDMA TP2 and ran the sprint carrier congig right after flashing.

Everything is working fine including data but since you mentioned it, I was just a bit curious.

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbythe1 View Post
Hi all,
does anyone know how to stop the notification Led light from flashing please?
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Funny, I don't have that setting on mine. I've seen other people mention it but never could find it. I'm on 7/17 23673 Cookie/Dinik

David
Sorry to but in, but just noticed your issue....are you saying you don't have the notification settings??

Located at start > settings > sounds & notifications > notification (at the top of the page) > event: (drop down menu) > select whichever event you're trying to change > flash light for (drop down menu to change the time duration)

Last edited by willyjay; 07-20-2010 at 09:28 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Unlimited is um, limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyjay View Post
Sorry to but in, but just noticed your issue....are you saying you don't have the notification settings??

Located at start > settings > sounds & notifications > notification (at the top of the page) > event: (drop down menu) > select whichever event you're trying to change > flash light for (drop down menu to change the time duration)
No problem with you "butting in", in fact, I appreciate your response and help.

This is what is displayed on my screen from Start>Settings>sounds and notifications>Notification:

ohhhhhhh DOOOOHHHHH! I had a Homer moment!

LOL. I saw the dropdown for incoming call and thought that was just for selecting the ringtone. I did not realize all of the other choices I have from that dropdown menu - and didn't click on it because I just thought it was for the ringtone.

So, if I could hit the "thanks" button all 30 times for youtoday, I will.
I just learned something new. Thank you very much for your help!!

David
Old 07-20-2010, 11:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
No problem with you "butting in", in fact, I appreciate your response and help.

This is what is displayed on my screen from Start>Settings>sounds and notifications>Notification:

ohhhhhhh DOOOOHHHHH! I had a Homer moment!

LOL. I saw the dropdown for incoming call and thought that was just for selecting the ringtone. I did not realize all of the other choices I have from that dropdown menu - and didn't click on it because I just thought it was for the ringtone.

So, if I could hit the "thanks" button all 30 times for youtoday, I will.
I just learned something new. Thank you very much for your help!!

David
LOL....no problem! Hey, you just gave me my 2000th rep point! Thanks!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Cobaltikus is keeping up the good workCobaltikus is keeping up the good workCobaltikus is keeping up the good work
Thumbs up Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 17| 21911|23569|23673 * Sense

23673 + Cookie + Dinik

I love how the newer builds don't that thing where it switches to landscape for a second and then back to portrait after the screen's been off for a while.

I love this rom - here's my feedback concerning room for improvement.

It takes a while to hang up on someone, whether I press the hardware end key, the on screen end button, or my bt ear piece button, it doesn't hang up for a few seconds.

After setting some of my home screen quicklinks at some point they all disappeared and I had to add them again - could just be me - maybe my pocket deleted them, but I wanted to mention it just in case.

Well - that's it so far - gonna try the non-Dinik now - As nice as the Dinik stuff looks I think it might be easier to see certain icons without the haze on top of everything.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development