PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

fdroms is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23557/21898 |Apr 13| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 / Titani

can anyone explain how to use XDA_UC to copy files? I have evrything working great except moving files from the storage card to program folders in main memory.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23557/21898 |Apr 13| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 / Titani

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdroms View Post
can anyone explain how to use XDA_UC to copy files? I have evrything working great except moving files from the storage card to program folders in main memory.
at this point I don't think you can but the creator is working on it. Go to XDA and look at the threads there.

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt
Old 04-16-2010, 08:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

bsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
at this point I don't think you can but the creator is working on it. Go to XDA and look at the threads there.
You can using SDConfig. Check this out : Learn UC
Old 04-16-2010, 09:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC PRO 2
Carrier: Movilnet

Cinderella17 is just getting started

Hello sorry I'm a noobi I wanna know if the manila have spanish language and if there any way I can backup the original rom my phone have??? thanx
Old 04-16-2010, 10:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

orcat is keeping up the good workorcat is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandfox24 View Post
Yep, i know how to make shortcuts

Even if i try to run manilalock.exe from total commander it doesn't fire. It does work from cookies two options - one from menu on the home screen or the one that shows under the taskbar if enabled from CHTEditor.

Can anyone test there phone for me. See if you can run manilalock.exe from total commander or better yet - create a shortcut and get it to work from a quicklink.

Will give you a thanks if it works or not. Just need confirmation...
Make a shortcut to

devicelock.exe in the Windows dir

Voila

Last edited by orcat; 04-16-2010 at 10:24 PM. Reason: left off directory
Old 04-16-2010, 11:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I had to chime in on this one... Just tried out the April 13th NRG Cookie... WOW!!!

You guys are ROCKING this phone...!!! I mean, for real!!!

I'm on the NRG_Cookie diet from here on out...!!!
Old 04-16-2010, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

ichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
maybe i can help...

i studied the mscr that xda_uc runs. it's awesome in its simplicity.!!!

Here's the order of how XDA_UC processes files and sub-directories it finds
on the \Storage Card in the XDA_UC directory:

1. if it finds a my.tsk in the \Storage Card\XDA_UC directory, it installs it

2. if a Storage Card\XDA_UC\Sense directory exists, it Xcopies all the files to the \Windows directory and it will overwrite any existing files, it will also create any sub-directories you've created in the \sense directory as well.

3. if it finds a wallpaper_sense.png file in the XDA_UC\Sense directory, it will write that to two registry keys, and cycle HTC Sense.

4. if it finds a .pib (created by backing up personal favorites) file in the XDA_UC directory, it will run PPCPimBackup and restore the .pib file, it records the name of all .pib files restored in the registry.

5. if it finds any .xda files in the \Windows folder, it will unzip them, execute them, delete them, and record in the registry the name of each .xda file executed, it records all .xda files executed into the registry.

6. if it finds any .xda files in the \Storage Card\XDA_UC directory, it will unzip them, execute them, delete them, and record the name of each on in the registry.

7. if it finds a SDConfig.txt file on the root of the \Storage Card, it will process it as normal.

8. If it finds any .cab files in the \Storage Card\XDA_UC directory, each one will be installed and recorded in the registry.

9. if it finds any .reg files in the \Storage Card\XDA_UC directory, it imports them into the registry, and records each one in the registry.

10. if it finds any .xmlfiles in the \Storage Card\XDA_UC directory, they are executed, and each one is recorded in the registry.

11. if it finds any .mscr files in the \Storage Card\XDA_UC directory, each one is executed and then recorded in the registry.

12. if it finds a welcomehead.192.png file int the \Storage Card\XDA_UC directory, it copies it.

13. it notifies you that it is done and asks if you want to reset the phone.

[B]NOTE:[B] it really doesn't seem to copy multiple files reliably. by that i mean, some folks claim it works fine and others say they can't get it to copy anything more than single files at a time. I made a change to the xda script on my phone, and execute it when i want to make a few batch changes to my phone. the change i made was to substitute XCOPY for COPY. now, it does always successfully copy single files and wild-carded files.

NOTE: the reason it records each file it executes into the registry is so that if you execute the XDA_UC utility like twice in a row, but without making any changes to files to be installed, XDA_UC doesn't reinstall any of them.

hope this helps you figure out how to use it.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6875
Carrier: Verizon

captaindoobers is just getting started
black screen

I noticed that when the phone is in standby, if I extend & then retract the keyboard, it goes to a black screen when I take it out of standby & I have to extend it again to bring the screen back up.

I'm using the Apr 14 23557 GTX rom. Anyone else notice this?
Old 04-17-2010, 01:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (SPRINT)
Carrier: T-Mobile

stab244 is keeping up the good workstab244 is keeping up the good work

Great ROM. Pretty fast. Will reserve judgement on battery life.

2 problems though:
1) Start up sound: Is there anyway to get that off?
2) Whenever I try to type a "\" I get ";" instead (remove the quotes....). I tried using the Sprint provisioning, but nothing. Anyway to fix that. It's not exactly a character I use much, but still annoying.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh

Quote:
Originally Posted by stab244 View Post
1) Start up sound: Is there anyway to get that off?
2) Whenever I try to type a "\" I get ";" instead (remove the quotes....). I tried using the Sprint provisioning, but nothing. Anyway to fix that. It's not exactly a character I use much, but still annoying.
1)Import THIS registry setting. If you want to remove the startup sound and animation import THIS setting.
2)Install the Sprint keyboard fix assuming I understood your profile right and you have a Sprint TP2 on T-mobile.

LAWL
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development