PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 04:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

planetbrian is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to planetbrian
Re: |CR|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23081/21864) ★ |Oct 25| ★ Latest Manila 2.5

how can i view on my Today screen my missed calls and number of voicemails that i have?
Old 11-04-2009, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jrgolfpro is becoming a great contributor
Re: |CR|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23081/21864) ★ |Oct 25| ★ Latest Manila 2.5

This is going to sound like a really dumb question but an MMS message is a text message that includes a picture or a video clip that you either take or record and then send it to someone am I correct? And an SMS is just a regular text msg?

I'm just kinda suprised why SO many people bring up the complaint about MMS not working.... Nothing against them or anything like that whatsoever, but I didn't realize it was so popular. lol I have unlimited txt messaging and rarely if ever (maybe once a year) will take a pic and text it to someone....

Another question which is also in regards to text messaging with this rom has to do with using the keyboard. I read about 10 - 15 pgs back that the keyboard can be used for text messaging so with that said, does it work for instance when not in manilla messaging but in wmo messaging or does it work in both? I'm confused! lol SORRY! I still have the sprint stock rom and I know when you slide over to the messaging tab and click on all messages it brings up the windows messaging interface which I would assume, that this would be the one that will work and not if you tap on the message on the manilla screen which keeps in the touch flo interface?

Hopefully this isn't too confusing! when referring to not working I mean sliding the keyboard open and having the screen turn black

Thanks a lot for all the info!

Last edited by jrgolfpro; 11-04-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
The one guy I saw that used that cab on this ROM had to hard reset because it screwed up manila, or was that just because he used the 20 shortcut version?
I have used the 16 and 20 without a problem on all 21864 Energy Roms and the latest 23081 Rom as well. Not sure which cabs he is using but the ones I am are from the link below.....
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...08&postcount=3

I just installed Juicy's Rom to check out and it works fine on his Roms also...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

erkme73 is just getting started

Is the initial external speaker volume (first second or so) controlled by the ROM or the hardware? Seems when I first turn on the speaker phone, when the phone first rings, or any sound starts from the speaker, it gradually gets up to full volume.

Given the inflexible and ungodly short 23 seconds to voicemail on Sprint, I'd like the first peep out of the speaker to be full blast... It already doesn't ring long enough before I miss the call.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Any chance of bringing the flip clock back in future releases? Also, still can't figure out why Tellme won't work on these Roms, even after installing MSVC. Anybody have luck with that?
Old 11-04-2009, 04:20 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgolfpro View Post
This is going to sound like a really dumb question but an MMS message is a text message that includes a picture or a video clip that you either take or record and then send it to someone am I correct? And an SMS is just a regular text msg?

I'm just kinda suprised why SO many people bring up the complaint about MMS not working.... Nothing against them or anything like that whatsoever, but I didn't realize it was so popular. lol I have unlimited txt messaging and rarely if ever (maybe once a year) will take a pic and text it to someone....

Another question which is also in regards to text messaging with this rom has to do with using the keyboard. I read about 10 - 15 pgs back that the keyboard can be used for text messaging so with that said, does it work for instance when not in manilla messaging but in wmo messaging or does it work in both? I'm confused! lol SORRY! I still have the sprint stock rom and I know when you slide over to the messaging tab and click on all messages it brings up the windows messaging interface which I would assume, that this would be the one that will work and not if you tap on the message on the manilla screen which keeps in the touch flo interface?

Hopefully this isn't too confusing! when referring to not working I mean sliding the keyboard open and having the screen turn black

Thanks a lot for all the info!
correct, mms is multimedia message and sms is text only.

Im also assuming keyboard wont work in manilla as theres no manilla in landscape other than music and pics, it more than likely would work landscape in regular winmo sms.... its been a while since I ran the gsm one.

Last edited by Dragon2; 11-04-2009 at 04:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

ProGeek is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
correct, mms is multimedia message and sms is text only.

Im also assuming keyboard wont work in manilla as theres no manilla in landscape other than music and pics, it more than likely would work landscape in regular winmo sms.... its been a while since I ran the gsm one.
Keyboard works in Manila-Landscape for Internet and Texting
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jrgolfpro is becoming a great contributor

Okay that's really good to know I appreciate the info! Didn't want to flash anything till all my questions had been answered!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:43 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProGeek View Post
Keyboard works in Manila-Landscape for Internet and Texting
ahh, that is good to know, were all releases that way???
Old 11-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ok a few questions i have for this rom....

1. why cant i assign individual ringtones to my contacts...i have the tones on my Storage card and for some reason in the contact editor it wont recognize the ringtones

2. is there any way to make the lock screen come up every time the screen goes off?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development