PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 07:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23549/21895 |Mar 26| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 / Titani

I am running latest Sense2.1 rom and I am glad battery life is great.
I just have to fix keyboard symbols for sprint and phone codes foe dialer.
Ill prob flash to Energy sense 2.5 next anyway.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:16 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23549/21895 |Mar 26| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 / Titani

I don't know why some people get mad when others mention the battery life issue. Last time I checked this was a forum to voice your concerns so that the rom could be improved. Oh well. Maybe they'll get their panties out of a bunch and recognize roms aren't perfect and thats why these forums help.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

btstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
I don't know why some people get mad when others mention the battery life issue. Last time I checked this was a forum to voice your concerns so that the rom could be improved. Oh well. Maybe they'll get their panties out of a bunch and recognize roms aren't perfect and thats why these forums help.
Yes, but in most cases battery life for these ROM's is recognised to be poor. That's how he designed them; he says so in his first post (not directly, but it's there). In other words, since he designed them to be fast, the poor battery life isn't exactly a problem; it's part of the design. It's kinda like buying a Hummer and going on a forum and complaining about fuel economy.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!!
Carrier: SPRINT

wbchristmas is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by btstarcher View Post
I don't think anyone has any problems with SMS. The link you provided is for disabling HTC messaging, which is completely unnecessary in this ROM. It's also for MMS problems. My MMS worked fine after provisioning. Did you try that before doing anything else?

Are you kidding me?

I.... STILL.... have problems with SMS!!

Any messages that I try to send keep getting hung up in the outbox or the inbox!!

For the record, I used Sprint's latest and greatest to hold me over until NRG released Mar 26 23549 and all builds still give me SMS issues. Yesterday, I unwillingly switched back to Sprint's latest so that I can have a fully functional phone again.

Also.. Yes... I provisioned the phone and did the data connection thing just in case.

Again... I love the roms that NRG makes for us, but I still can't get this SMS thing fixed.

Does anyone know of any fixes for this?
Old 03-29-2010, 09:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9

FYI - I have done alot of research in reguards to battery life and found that on a fresh NRGZ rom my battery discharge levels are around 480ma and with a couple of tweaks (i dont disable anything) I can usually get it to around 48ma.... which is a massive difference. However on this last rom I could not get it under 200ma until I saw the post that said to delete the mmbuttonhook in the windows\startup. Well that was it... now I'm back to 50ma. Thanks to whoever that was that found that. For the people that do nothing but B1TCH about battery life. Shut up already and read. There is a whole thread dedicated to adjustments to battery life for NRGZ roms put together by people that want better battery life and actually have figured out how to do it instead of whining like a buch of annoying B1TCHES. Great Rom ENRGZ keep up the GREAT work!!
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

piedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
People get upset when battery life issues continue to be brought up due to the fact that this has been covered countless times. NRGZ himself has said that he builds the ROM for speed and does not care about battery life so continuously griping about it wont fix anything. There is a separate thread just for battery fixes for these ROMS, so if the battery life is not to your likeing either use a different ROM or check out the battery thread. Getting off my soapbox now. Peace.

If I posted something thats helps don't forget to hit Thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

btstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbchristmas View Post
Are you kidding me?

I.... STILL.... have problems with SMS!!

Any messages that I try to send keep getting hung up in the outbox or the inbox!!

For the record, I used Sprint's latest and greatest to hold me over until NRG released Mar 26 23549 and all builds still give me SMS issues. Yesterday, I unwillingly switched back to Sprint's latest so that I can have a fully functional phone again.

Also.. Yes... I provisioned the phone and did the data connection thing just in case.

Again... I love the roms that NRG makes for us, but I still can't get this SMS thing fixed.

Does anyone know of any fixes for this?
To clarify, you flashed back to stock and everything worked, then back to the March 26th 23549, then provisioned...what data connection thing? Did you try to send a text message to yourself after provisioning?
Old 03-29-2010, 09:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ChristopherJLee is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by piedra92 View Post
People get upset when battery life issues continue to be brought up due to the fact that this has been covered countless times. NRGZ himself has said that he builds the ROM for speed and does not care about battery life so continuously griping about it wont fix anything. There is a separate thread just for battery fixes for these ROMS, so if the battery life is not to your likeing either use a different ROM or check out the battery thread. Getting off my soapbox now. Peace.
where's the battery thread, what search words are used? oh and this thread is useless at this point because no one is going to search thru 1479 pages of posts to find a simple answer. I posted a question weeks ago but it got lost in the sea of questions repeated over and over.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

adam1 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherJLee View Post
where's the battery thread, what search words are used? oh and this thread is useless at this point because no one is going to search thru 1479 pages of posts to find a simple answer. I posted a question weeks ago but it got lost in the sea of questions repeated over and over.
here you go http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113321 and please follow the instructions and......PEOPLE STOP COMPLAINING ...this tweaks %100 help battery so if its dosnt work with you.....YOU HAVE AN ISSUE FOR ALL .....Love NRGZ keep it up

Edit :For the new build 23459
for a substantial batt life increase on the latest 23549 roms, delete the mmbuttonhook shortcut from /windows/startup. will fix this l8r..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:47 AM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1 View Post
here you go http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113321 and please follow the instructions and......PEOPLE STOP COMPLAINING ...this tweaks %100 help battery so if its dosnt work with you.....YOU HAVE AN ISSUE FOR ALL .....Love NRGZ keep it up

Edit :For the new build 23459
for a substantial batt life increase on the latest 23549 roms, delete the mmbuttonhook shortcut from /windows/startup. will fix this l8r..
ur on drugs if you think those things work.
sprint stock bluetooth dll cabs cause problems with bluetooth. it will kills the bluetooth drivers and disables them permanantly...

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development