PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 09:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Orange

vasiabikeru is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to vasiabikeru
Re: + [ROM] [01/13/10] JUICY ROM (21889.5.0.87) [Landscape Sense UI] [XDA UC]

Hi there. I've installed the R8 on my Pro2, but I have some problems with it. Before I had the R6 version, installed by the person I buyed the phone from and it had a Text application that I enjoyed far better then the one from HTC. Is there a way to get that back? Secondly, The programs tab fron Sense seems to be extinct from this rom, or is it me the one tha's mistaking. And the last and most important..I am connectiong to the internet trough a WAP network, and a proxy server given to me by the telecomunication company. When I installed the rom i chose the Other configurations. Went to the Communications tab, removed the internet apn, writen the proxy for the wap apn and the port and when i go to any application, it's like I haven't set the proxy. If i use a application that let's me set the proxy, it works well, but if I use let's say Internet Explorer that uses the system configurations, it's not working. Can anyone help me in this matter? Thank you.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

lbjohnny is just getting started

I have the ringer issue with all Juicy versions. The only cure I've found that seems to stick is setting ringtone to 'Alarm- Light'.

It MAY be that the ringtones labeled "rings" are the problem.

Also had the same issue with Scoslers tp1 3.0 rom.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:47 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjohnny View Post
I have the ringer issue with all Juicy versions. The only cure I've found that seems to stick is setting ringtone to 'Alarm- Light'.

It MAY be that the ringtones labeled "rings" are the problem.

Also had the same issue with Scoslers tp1 3.0 rom.

I have all cutom ringtones, and basically 29 different ones are used with my over 300 contacts (business)...I have NEVER had any ringtone issues with ANY Juicy ROMS...it is really weird (and unfortunate) that some do.

I use the program "KeepMyTones" to back them (and notification sounds) up between flashes, and they always restore just as intended.

I also have all ringtones stored on my SD card; I assume other do to...they have never been corrupted, and as stated work everytime. I also have NUMEROUS custom cabs installed along with R8...all with no real adverse issues.

Sorry about your issues...but I LOVE R8...Best so far
Old 01-16-2010, 05:06 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ* View Post
I have all cutom ringtones, and basically 29 different ones are used with my over 300 contacts (business)...I have NEVER had any ringtone issues with ANY Juicy ROMS...it is really weird (and unfortunate) that some do.

I use the program "KeepMyTones" to back them (and notification sounds) up between flashes, and they always restore just as intended.

I also have all ringtones stored on my SD card; I assume other do to...they have never been corrupted, and as stated work everytime. I also have NUMEROUS custom cabs installed along with R8...all with no real adverse issues.

Sorry about your issues...but I LOVE R8...Best so far
agreed, no ring issue and great rom

i was thinking i might try staying w/ r8 for awhile and enjoy the setup rather than going flash crazy and not being able to enjoy it b4 the next flash. ha, we will see how long that lasts...
Old 01-16-2010, 06:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

anyone know how to get the fat scroll bars back? i prefer them over the default juicy ones cause in a lot of screens u can see that it's just skinned white and overlaps. I really dont' mind that 6.5 scroll bars cause theyre not terribly ugly like in 6.1. Anyway, any cab to get it back??

edit: nevermind i guess i could change the theme to blue and get them that way...
Old 01-16-2010, 06:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

unkellsam is becoming a great contributor

Has anyone figured out how to get voice command to announce the caller's name?
Old 01-16-2010, 07:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveholtam View Post
The ringer bug is not random. Once an app, Opera beta 2u for instance is installed, the phone will no longer ring. You do not even need to call the phone to verify the ringer is broken. Just go to a contact and try editing the Ringtone. Normally when you select the various ringers, the phone will play each ringer at is is selected. None of the ringers will play when selected when the bug is present. Its broken at that level, even prior to a call coming in. This must mean something to someone.

The problem (bug) is present even when switching out of Sense into Windows Default. But in windows default you get a corrupt ringer error after selecting a ringer and it will default back to the stock ringer, which also does not ring nor does it play when the bug is present.

If anyone wants me to try some experiments with my phone let me know. Since the problem is easily fixed by removing Opera, I wouldnt mind testing some ideas.
unfortunatley, this is not unique to everyone. I just flashed to R8, installed opera mobile b2u and my ringer still works fine. I use one of the standard ringers that sound like a regular phone. Again, i've probably used 3 different juicy Roms and none of them had the ringer issue. I just don't understand why some people always have the issue and some do not... doesnt make any sense... must be some kind of settings we're using...
Old 01-16-2010, 08:48 PM
Almost a VIP

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

jumping late without reading above post, but i have been doing some extensive playning aroung with the phone and I don't know if I might be on to something (other members can test also). But what I have notice is that the ringer volume does not change thru Manila (Sense) ever time you asked it too (thats where the non chage icon comes from). In manila if you chaqnge the ringer state from silent or off to audible the icons may or maynot change but the state of it does not, you have to use the volume up and down buttons for this to fully change. I can conclude by saying yes I have duplicated the ringer issue and resolve the non ringing state at the same time by using the above method. Juicy if you gander on this, thats how it worked for me
Old 01-16-2010, 09:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: sprint

tbird22 is a n00b

A little help please? Downloaded Juicy R8 and instead of showing up as a little cabinet image, it just shows up as a white piece of paper looking image. I go to click on it and my computer says there is no program to open the file with? What did I do wrong?
Old 01-16-2010, 09:30 PM
Almost a VIP

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird22 View Post
A little help please? Downloaded Juicy R8 and instead of showing up as a little cabinet image, it just shows up as a white piece of paper looking image. I go to click on it and my computer says there is no program to open the file with? What did I do wrong?
dude come on now, you need some type of zip/compression program such as winzip or rarlabs.....
WINDOWS 101........
also from ur statement ur phone needs to be unlock

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development