PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 10:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: + [ROM] [01/13/10] JUICY ROM (21889.5.0.87) [Landscape Sense UI] [XDA UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtjnotu View Post
no fooling evdo=3g...if u understood what i ment is that the internet connection is constantly on....so its always in a 3G connection..its killing my battery...hdtweaks isnt working for the option to kill the connection after 1 minute of no use...
no the internet is not always on, it just timed out but it does not have the sahed out icons like the stock ROMS, but is fixable
Old 01-13-2010, 10:32 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarflarex View Post
that makes sense. maybe some of the takes have beta dlls that were updated through the releases? such as a beta dll of 6.5 months ago before it was released but now the dll is release version?

anyone have a definitive answer if taskbar dll conflicts are just between wm versions? will any 6.5 tb work with juicy r8?
maybe trial n error...best to do it right after a flash before a clear storage/hard reset. and just start installing cabs (thats how they do it 4 the most part; instead of dll's copyed to windows) either way. and then you'll see if any icons are not skinned or if it broke sumthing in the dialer an such.

i seen a lot of ss w/ ppl using the dusk tb. the ppcgeeks taskbar thread slowed down compared to what it used to be (i only say this as i havent been there 4 long while) but if you do a search on xda youll find sum more.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

twobeaglesjtj is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarflarex View Post
I have read in another thread about taskbar dll files causing issues. What taskbars work with r8? it is manilla 2.5 1922 right? are there specific 1922 taskbars? is that what u have to make for dll compatibility?
I am using this one and it works great with R8....Install both cabs if you have a CDMA...

m6 Taskbar WM6.5 Color V11c WinSq.cab

Color CDMA Fix.cab

Here is a link.....http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=520132

Last edited by twobeaglesjtj; 01-13-2010 at 11:44 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:52 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobeaglesjtj View Post
I am using this one and it works great with R8....Install both cabs if you have a CDMA...

Attachment 55548

Attachment 55549

Here is a link.....http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=520132

they work but should mess up the volume fix... you have to use an edit taskbar..

you can find them around in several threads.. MM edited some.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Improve

Flashed around 6pm today. I was on SsS rom earlier, I cleared storage, falshed back to stock, cleared storage, and flashed to Juicy R8, and finaly cleared storage one last time. I then synced my Contacts, Callender, Tasks, and notes with active sync. Finaly I installed MMS Fix(M2.1) (sprint).cab, 2016 SMS Bug, Soft reset and installed Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2 cab. I soft reset again and then re-installed Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2 (to uninstal it) Soft reset one final time and I have been 100% ever since.

No soft resets, no issues with texts etc.
Some people prefer HTC messaging some dont, so if you dont care for it simply install Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging. However if you prefer it over WM Messaging do like me and disable it with the cab, soft reset and then remove the cab, soft reset and it will work without any bugs. Atleast its worked for me on all sence 1922 roms. Good luck!

I love this Rom and as I said no issues yet, but I think running R7 and working with the bugs helped me learn how to make this one run smoother. Great Work Juicy! hope this helps.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

nguyenvinhbao is a n00b

Quote:
3 issues im having and im wondering if anyone else is getting them

1. phone connects to 3g all the time...i turn it off in comm manager or soft reset and after a few minutes it connects again for no reason

2. on my home clock the weather, location and temperature are in the middle of the big clock numbers and aren't positioned where they should be

3. phone freezes and lockes up from time to time...after a phone call if i dont push end or if the soft keyboard is out and i open the phone to use the hard keyboard it will freeze...usually only happens in 2.5 messaging client
I have the same #1 problem. I followed this and it works for me.

Set "CacheTime" to 60
Set "SuspendResume" to 58 00 00 00 33 00 99 00 88 00 39 00 58 00 39 00 29
Then do a soft reset.
Good luck,
BN

Reference from KilgoreBA post:

Re: Sprint CDMA Data Auto Disconnect Registry Entries
disconnect network when idle for 1 min timeout

Code:
HKLM\Comm\CommMgr\Planner\Settings\
Set "SuspendResume" to 58 00 00 00 33 00 99 00 88 00 39 00 58 00 39 00 29
Default is #777 and should not contain anything about GRPS
Set "CacheTime" to 60
setting SuspendResume" to "58 00 00 00 33 00 99 00 88 00 39 00 58 00 39 00 29"
makes it so you can make calls while you have a data connection.
YOU CANNOT have both on at same time
before you COULD NOT answer any calls
while you had data present.
now it disconnects the data and
makes it so you can answer calls
Old 01-14-2010, 02:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
no the internet is not always on, it just timed out but it does not have the sahed out icons like the stock ROMS, but is fixable
ok let me try and explain this one more time...MY 3G CONNECTION IS ALWAYS ACTIVE I GET THE 2 OPPOSITE FACING ARROWS NEXT TO THE CONNECTION BARS AND THEY ARE NEVER GRAYED OUT AND IT GOES ON CONTINUOUSLY.....

Old 01-14-2010, 02:19 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
ok let me try and explain this one more time...MY 3G CONNECTION IS ALWAYS ACTIVE I GET THE 2 OPPOSITE FACING ARROWS NEXT TO THE CONNECTION BARS AND THEY ARE NEVER GRAYED OUT AND IT GOES ON CONTINUOUSLY.....

Wow...me too...just noticed this...I just got everything working and reinstalled too...bummer

*actually a soft reset fixed it...have to monitor this...other than these issues...works well...i like MS pocket word/excel etc...2010 versions!

Also, the "20" program home screen cab no longer works...any luck from anyone else that likes that?

Last edited by JZ*; 01-14-2010 at 02:23 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

XxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on rep

hey juicy would u ever throw up a 2.1 rom too??? i love the 2.5 r8 has been a rock all day no freezes or n e thing i just want mms and favorites and since im on sprint i cant have both. i know u could drop a sick updated 2.1 rom please!

Old 01-14-2010, 02:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: VZW

biznetplus is a n00b

I just updated to the latest version of this ROM. Everything appears to work really well except, I now have no Data coverage. NONE. Can't update weather, cant get online. I get the following error:

Data Call Failure
Error Code: 11
PPP Connection Error

I am on VZW. Looking under Settings > Connections > Advanced > Select Networks > Internet should connect using.. is set to TELUS. I try to change to Verizone Wireless but it does not retain the setting. If I click to edit that connection I can choose between Auto Pick, Verizon Wireless and CDMA1X.

I am new to the ROM scene so there could be something basic I have overlooked, but right now my phone is pretty useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated because otherwise this ROM looks like the absolute shit!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development