PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

faxmonkey is keeping up the good workfaxmonkey is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: + [ROM] [01/13/10] JUICY ROM (21889.5.0.87) [Landscape Sense UI] [XDA UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtjnotu View Post
ok let me try and explain this one more time...MY 3G CONNECTION IS ALWAYS ACTIVE I GET THE 2 OPPOSITE FACING ARROWS NEXT TO THE CONNECTION BARS AND THEY ARE NEVER GRAYED OUT AND IT GOES ON CONTINUOUSLY.....

I get the same thing... but just noticed that footprints errors out when i try to use it. "camera.failed to set up the camera device"
This causes the continuous 3G connection.

Last edited by faxmonkey; 01-14-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: VZW

biznetplus is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDeadFan View Post
When you update to this rom, at the main page, there will be a settings cab that you have to choose your carrier from, then click commit. Did you change from the default Telus?

Btw, I've been running this since the a.m. release a day ago and it's been running perfectly. Absolutely no problems that I can tell. I'll keep everyone updated if I do run into something. I'm also on Telus so default works perfectly.

Yes I selected the VZW cab upon bootting device.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by faxmonkey View Post
I get the same thing... but just noticed that footprints errors out when i try to use it. "camera.failed to set up the camera device"
This causes the continuous 3G connection.
For those on CDMA networks (VZW/SPT) who may not like the 3G icon or have issues as the person quoted above. Try these 2 cabs. I posted a pic so you can see what the task-bar looks like on this rom. You will get the E back instead of the 3G. You just cant see the E on the pic I posted because I am running active sync, and Pocket controller Pro to capture the image via PC. But when not synced to your pc via cable you get the stadard E.

My only issue after a day is my You tube. I am having the same issue and Error message as before (on R7) "THIS VIDEO CANNOT BE PLAYED". Everything else loads. All the videos populate on the screen and I pic a youtube vid I want to watch and then as it is loading I get that error message.

I Used File Explorer to go to my Windows Directory (My Device>Windows) and found 2 diffrent You Tube files that execute You Tube. The 1st file exicutes You Tube just as befor and after I chose a video I get the "THIS VIDEO CANNOT BE PLAYED" Error. However the second You Tube file actually Plays the video! But I get no sound. So I moved the second file into Windows>Start Menu>Programs>Multimedia so that I can just acces it from the start menu. I closed all running apps, soft reset, hit start icon, selected Multimedia folder, executed You Tube Icon app, Video played again but no sound.

I assume something I instaled cuased this but cant imagine what. You Tube worked fine after I flashed R8 and cleared storage so I know its not the Rom. Does any one have any suggestions or know what file in Windows Directory applies to sound. I might just need to copy over with Total Commander. Anny ifo apreciated, thanks.

EDIT:
I figured it out, I uninstalled >>>>>SWYPE<<<<<. After I uninstalled it I soft reset and clicked on the YouTube app in the start Menu it played vidio but stil no sound. So I soft reset and opened the YouTube app I put in the Multimedia folder and it worked! It played the video with sound! So SWYPE is the issue. I had to soft reset twice to get it to work.

Hope that the issue with installing SWYPE and YouTube not working properlly is eventually resolved as I really enjoy SWYPE, but I like you tube better.

IF this helps you please please hit the thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: cab SDKCERTS.CAB (4.6 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab CDMA_BilboBrian_TaskBar.cab (6.33 MB, 8 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Improve; 01-14-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Anyone got a mirror for R8? Fricking RapidScrot is "maxed out".
Old 01-14-2010, 01:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmorgan View Post
go back a page or 2 and theres a mirror posted
Old 01-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Page 530, Post # 5292
Old 01-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: SprintPCS

bulkwinkle is a n00b

So anyone figured out a RSS HUB cab that works on the R8 version? I tried a couple of cab elsewhere but it won't run and I get a "file 'RssHub' cannot be opened error".
Old 01-14-2010, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

twobeaglesjtj is just getting started

In previous Juicy ROM's, I use to be able to stop the home page weather animations (not the center one but the page) by changing the registry entry in HCU/SOFTWARE/HTC/MANILA and then changing the,Home.WallpaperMode, value to 0 and it would stop...I would usually have to do that after I changed my wallpaper....now if I change my wallpaper, it changes that entry automatically to 0 but animations still occur.....any ideas???
Old 01-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Improve View Post
Page 530, Post # 5292
That file has a different name (not a big deal), but it has a 20MB size difference then Juicy's OP. A reputable member posted that mirror...but that seems kind of sketch....
Old 01-14-2010, 03:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
That file has a different name (not a big deal), but it has a 20MB size difference then Juicy's OP. A reputable member posted that mirror...but that seems kind of sketch....

Its the same one I used to flash to R8. NO ISSUES flshing.

The only issue I had (Rom related) was with YouTube and as I discovered it was only due to intalation of SWYPE.cab. Loving this Rom.

Last edited by Improve; 01-14-2010 at 03:05 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development