PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 03:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: VZW

biznetplus is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: + [ROM] [01/13/10] JUICY ROM (21889.5.0.87) [Landscape Sense UI] [XDA UC]

For anyone else that has the above problem, I found the solution here:

forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=28354

BTW, nice job this ROM rocks
Old 01-14-2010, 03:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Cedrock is a n00b

Great rom, i was ready to go back to 6.1 after trying a few different roms but this looks and feels the best. One question though, is there a stable R8 alternate text cab for Sprint (with mms ) because the default one is really slow for me and freezes. Thanks,
Old 01-14-2010, 05:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Telus

EvilDeadFan is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by biznetplus View Post
I just updated to the latest version of this ROM. Everything appears to work really well except, I now have no Data coverage. NONE. Can't update weather, cant get online. I get the following error:

Data Call Failure
Error Code: 11
PPP Connection Error

I am on VZW. Looking under Settings > Connections > Advanced > Select Networks > Internet should connect using.. is set to TELUS. I try to change to Verizone Wireless but it does not retain the setting. If I click to edit that connection I can choose between Auto Pick, Verizon Wireless and CDMA1X.

I am new to the ROM scene so there could be something basic I have overlooked, but right now my phone is pretty useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated because otherwise this ROM looks like the absolute shit!
When you update to this rom, at the main page, there will be a settings cab that you have to choose your carrier from, then click commit. Did you change from the default Telus?

Btw, I've been running this since the a.m. release a day ago and it's been running perfectly. Absolutely no problems that I can tell. I'll keep everyone updated if I do run into something. I'm also on Telus so default works perfectly.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

God damnit! I just put MightyROM+Mobile Shell on yesterday. Now I gotta get R8.

Is it just me or is the amount and frequency of ROMs for the TP2 INSANE?

Thanks, Juicy!
Old 01-14-2010, 06:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Wait a sec. Looks like people are having a lot of issues with R8. Am I correct? What's the verdict?
Old 01-14-2010, 08:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
I'm a little curious as to why you went thru the trouble of removing the remainder of the post you quoted, stating that it is Opera 2U causing the issue...
Eer, that was added as an edit after I read the post.

it wasn't there when I read the post.

Obviously adding certain cabs to this ROM breaks the ringer (just like it did in 4 previous versions for me) & I can't have that, so I will stick with my current setup where I have none of these problems.

~John
Old 01-14-2010, 09:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

billyburly is a n00b

just updated to R8, is ##778 (epst) broken for people? it doesnt work for me, just tries calling instead of launching epst.

also is anyones phone forgetting that it had been put in vibrate mode and switching back to normal sound mode?
Old 01-14-2010, 10:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

XxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyburly View Post
just updated to R8, is ##778 (epst) broken for people? it doesnt work for me, just tries calling instead of launching epst.

also is anyones phone forgetting that it had been put in vibrate mode and switching back to normal sound mode?

Its the new 2G dialer it doesn't support ## codes so if you need to use your lock code or ## codes you need to flash back to stock or another rom that doesn't have that dialer i think Juicy and Deck are the only ones to use this dialer. I like it better than the other ones and don't use the ## codes so i would rather have it in there but to each is own i guess. Hope this helps

Old 01-14-2010, 10:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

XxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmorgan View Post
Wait a sec. Looks like people are having a lot of issues with R8. Am I correct? What's the verdict?
Actually not many issues at all nothing that doens't come with the 2.5 the htc messaging has always and always will be slow and freeze it was designed for a phone with a 1ghz processor but if you want to disable it that is explained like five thousand times in here. other than that and the ## lock codes not working cause of the dialer that is in here I havn't had any issues and his battery life on this thing Rocks I swear i even get better signal strenght as well. I use the new USC radio and this rom and its perfect for me in SC.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: SPRINT

wchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardog View Post
anyone have the mms fix for sprint? when I go to albums >> send mms >> add recipient and pick one, i get blank screen. It works when a contact has only email address or even recent calls.
Sprint works out the box try this go to albums >> send MAIL >>Choose "Picture Message" add recipient and pick one

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development