PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: World HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

silentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to silentjoker
Re: + [ROM] [01/13/10] JUICY ROM (21889.5.0.87) [Landscape Sense UI] [XDA UC]

Officially Tested R8 and works almost perfect VZW TP2. Only things I had to setup was MMS settings(like all roms).

Bug found: Send/Recive of email accounts doesnt check for email unless I manually do it. All settings verified and should make it work.

GJ Juicy!
Old 01-19-2010, 10:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgnupe2 View Post
Dag I didnt know that kjhadfield meant juicy in some language that i dont know, I asked juicy not kjhadfield not lipidfats or anyone else now i do respect your opinions but i didnt ask for your answer to the question. Now although to some it broke the people tab it didnt break mine and r6 again (like i said in my first message to juicy) is the most stable that i came across now again i do hear your opinions it is an open forum but if juicy says no then its no but to answer

"i have never been 1 to say if you dont like it then there are other roms, well the truth is the truth, if you dont like it there are other roms or better yet being a programmer as yourself, make 1."

means you are speaking for juicy, now last time i checked juicy is a grown A$$ man if he wants to say no or say anything then i will have to a solution to HIS answer not kjhadfield or lipidfats but continue to offer your opinions on questions not given to either one of you i dont mind the banter.
juicy's not going to answer your request, that is why people speak up. it's been brought up many, MANY times and there were even separate threads created for it. why you think you're the first to think up this bright idea is beyond me, but again, it's been asked tons of times.

and R6 not breaking your people's tab is BS. it breaks the quick text feature since htc messaging is disabled in R6 (it uses that as the shortcut, so if it's not enabled the shortcut doesn't work).
Old 01-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 4G
Carrier: Telus

SmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuff

Man, does this thread ever suck.

the only thing we can hope for is Juicy starting a new thread so I dont have to read through 30 more pages of this crap - in hopes of finding 1 or 2 constructive posts.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ⒽⓉⒸ ⓉⓅ₂
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

People are still posting about this nonsense? I haven't been here in a few days as I've happily been enjoying R8

If I helped you, please remember to press thanks!
Old 01-19-2010, 11:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 4G
Carrier: Telus

SmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCicc View Post
People are still posting about this nonsense? I haven't been here in a few days as I've happily been enjoying R8

Old 01-20-2010, 12:03 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectheintro View Post
Dude if you wanted a 1-on-1 conversation with Juicy, you should have sent him a PM. This is a public forum. People are going to tell you their opinions. The HTC Messaging client in particular is a divisive issue. No one here was rude to you, so there's no need for all of your defensiveness.
+1 for pm if you dont want anyones 2cent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
I am going to tell you this and if you don't like my opinion thewn you should of done a PM (private message). It was brought back in for a reason and if you don't like the reason then there are cabs to disable what you don't like or start building your own. When you do something for the public you then to lean towards what the majority wants and the ease of use in the long run.
thank you sir
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
and R6 not breaking your people's tab is BS. it breaks the quick text feature since htc messaging is disabled in R6 (it uses that as the shortcut, so if it's not enabled the shortcut doesn't work).
thats what i meant by breaking the ppl tab (guess i didnt explain well enough) thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgnupe2 View Post
means you are speaking for juicy, now last time i checked juicy is a grown A$$ man if he wants to say no or say anything then i will have to a solution to HIS answer not kjhadfield or lipidfats but continue to offer your opinions on questions not given to either one of you i dont mind the banter.
the only thing left 4 me to say is; 1)i wasnt speaking for juicy and 2)never said anything bout his "manhood"
Old 01-20-2010, 12:09 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmknJoe View Post
Man, does this thread ever suck.

the only thing we can hope for is Juicy starting a new thread so I dont have to read through 30 more pages of this crap - in hopes of finding 1 or 2 constructive posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCicc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmknJoe View Post

sorry, i think my name has been coming up in the middle of sum issues in the last few pages, but honestly, i was trying to help and answer from my experience and knowledge thus far (since i have read every post since day 1)

Old 01-20-2010, 09:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

itster is keeping up the good workitster is keeping up the good work

juicy

i love your roms and have used them exclusively for some time now, but these last 2 roms have been extremely buggy. Im sure you're going to want a list but ive installed mal's since the bugs started. the main bug has been the actual slide out of the keyboard locking up the messaging app. sometimes you dont even see what you're typing even after you send the txt. I have to say i have never locked up using your roms or any rom since i have owned a wm device (close to 6 years now).

you're without a doubt a master at this stuff but even a master can make a few mistakes.

thank you for all your hard work and looking forward to r9

regards
Old 01-20-2010, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO

kgnupe2 is keeping up the good workkgnupe2 is keeping up the good work
Exclamation Re: + [ROM] [01/13/10] JUICY ROM (21889.5.0.87) [Landscape Sense UI] [XDA UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
juicy's not going to answer your request, that is why people speak up. it's been brought up many, MANY times and there were even separate threads created for it. why you think you're the first to think up this bright idea is beyond me, but again, it's been asked tons of times.

First of all Juicy has answerd numerous of my questions i have been using his roms for a while just as others have and if you have a legitimate question he does answer he has answer me in the past but i forgot you already speak for juicy so i should just listen to lipidfats. I dont mind people speaking up what i mind is people speaking as though they are juicy, now what he says and what you say might be the same but let it come from juicy not lipidfats or Nygel or spectheinto or whoever. And its an obvious that it will break the quick text feature since your removing the texting app again duh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
I am going to tell you this and if you don't like my opinion thewn you should of done a PM (private message). It was brought back in for a reason and if you don't like the reason then there are cabs to disable what you don't like or start building your own. When you do something for the public you then to lean towards what the majority wants and the ease of use in the long run.

Thats my take on it, now back to ROM development....
thanks Juicy
Now again because obviously people dont fully read my post and i quote"now i do respect your opinions but i didnt ask for your answer to the question." meaning you can give your opinion all you want its an open forum If i didnt want to see your opinions i would have sent a pm (homer simpson DUH) but if your answering a question NOT an opinion then the question was not meant for you. But yet again you speak for juicy i understand lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectheintro View Post
Dude if you wanted a 1-on-1 conversation with Juicy, you should have sent him a PM. This is a public forum. People are going to tell you their opinions. The HTC Messaging client in particular is a divisive issue. No one here was rude to you, so there's no need for all of your defensiveness.
If you read my post yet again i state i respect your opinions but i didnt ask for your answer to the question i have no problem with banter or conversation from others. 2 heads are better than 1 so when you offer more heads you might come up with better solutions. BUT when a question is presented then you can offer your opinion but the question was given to another to answer. So i hear all your opinions but please people learn what is definition of an opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
+1 for pm if you dont want anyones 2cent

thank you sir

thats what i meant by breaking the ppl tab (guess i didnt explain well enough) thanks

the only thing left 4 me to say is; 1)i wasnt speaking for juicy and 2)never said anything bout his "manhood"
Oh kjhadfield..... first yes offer your opinion im a intellectual so i value peoples thoughts and opinions, second its is an obvious to know it would break the quick text feature you removed the texting functioning app, but all other commands in the people tab worked for me. thirdly i dont know your background or mindset but when i site grown a$$ man i am referring to his age and his knowledge in the question given not his manhood. That was never in play, so where you went with that is beyond me.

Again please read fully before you debate something not meant for you to debate, please continue to offer opinions because again two heads are better than 1, so offer an OPINION but my QUESTION was given to juicy. If i wanted to pm i would have, its a button click away. Thanks thou. lol
Old 01-20-2010, 01:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work

Jeez. Can you ladies take your cat fight into another thread? Enough with the back and forth...

On topic, I am back to R6. It is the most solid rom I have ever used. Also looking forward to R9. Thanks Juicy!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development