View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 07:05 PM
lipidfats
VIP Member

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: + [ROM] [01/13/10] JUICY ROM (21889.5.0.87) [Landscape Sense UI] [XDA UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveholtam View Post
The ringer bug is not random. Once an app, Opera beta 2u for instance is installed, the phone will no longer ring. You do not even need to call the phone to verify the ringer is broken. Just go to a contact and try editing the Ringtone. Normally when you select the various ringers, the phone will play each ringer at is is selected. None of the ringers will play when selected when the bug is present. Its broken at that level, even prior to a call coming in. This must mean something to someone.

The problem (bug) is present even when switching out of Sense into Windows Default. But in windows default you get a corrupt ringer error after selecting a ringer and it will default back to the stock ringer, which also does not ring nor does it play when the bug is present.

If anyone wants me to try some experiments with my phone let me know. Since the problem is easily fixed by removing Opera, I wouldnt mind testing some ideas.
unfortunatley, this is not unique to everyone. I just flashed to R8, installed opera mobile b2u and my ringer still works fine. I use one of the standard ringers that sound like a regular phone. Again, i've probably used 3 different juicy Roms and none of them had the ringer issue. I just don't understand why some people always have the issue and some do not... doesnt make any sense... must be some kind of settings we're using...