PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 10:47 AM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by wchamblee View Post
Its turned off by default. Go to your settings>Notifications> and change the alert.
Thanks. Got it.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Fittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by crookdbill View Post
OK. So I finaly got mms to work without removing the new HTC messaging client. Here are the steps. If this helps, feel free to hit the thanks button.
1. download Arcsoft 5 0 94 128c
2. set up the settings for your provider ie sprint is http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms connect via sprint
3. open registry editor...go to hklm, SOFTWARE, Arcsoft, Arcsoft MMS UA, Config, mm1, MMSCSetting, SprintMMSC(or whatever you called your default server) and change all 4 wap settings to 5120000. I also did the same for the sample servers.
4. You can now send without a problem.
5. For receiving. Once the message is downloaded, you can view it once the popup comes up saying the message is done downloading under the "view" option. However, to view it again after closing it, go to your e mail tab, tap "inbox" and swipe left or right to get to the windows text messaging tab. The message your received with the attached picture is viewable. Unfortunately, the pic is still not viewable under New HTC messaging app. At least you can view regular sms through the text messaging tab by tapping them instead of going to all messages like before with the "disable cab" Not perfect but a lot better than before. Let me know if the instructions are confusing...it is 340 am

Juicy please feel free to add to first page if this is the best method for now or please clarify how the mms issues have been fixed in R3. This thing is amazing in every other sense though. Excellent work as usual!!!.

+1 for sirius not working
Have you verified that what you are sending is actually getting received?
Old 11-16-2009, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

ryee34 is just getting started
Question Re: [ROM] [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

I have looked through the Windows directory and for the life of me cannot find the RSS program file. I don't know if has been removed or not. If someone can point me in the right direction or if someone knows where I can find the original file, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2 & Imagio
Carrier: VZW

marketingdesigner is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by crookdbill View Post
OK. So I finaly got mms to work without removing the new HTC messaging client. Here are the steps. If this helps, feel free to hit the thanks button.
1. download Arcsoft 5 0 94 128c
2. set up the settings for your provider ie sprint is http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms connect via sprint
3. open registry editor...go to hklm, SOFTWARE, Arcsoft, Arcsoft MMS UA, Config, mm1, MMSCSetting, SprintMMSC(or whatever you called your default server) and change all 4 wap settings to 5120000. I also did the same for the sample servers.
4. You can now send without a problem.
5. For receiving. Once the message is downloaded, you can view it once the popup comes up saying the message is done downloading under the "view" option. However, to view it again after closing it, go to your e mail tab, tap "inbox" and swipe left or right to get to the windows text messaging tab. The message your received with the attached picture is viewable. Unfortunately, the pic is still not viewable under New HTC messaging app. At least you can view regular sms through the text messaging tab by tapping them instead of going to all messages like before with the "disable cab" Not perfect but a lot better than before. Let me know if the instructions are confusing...it is 340 am

Juicy please feel free to add to first page if this is the best method for now or please clarify how the mms issues have been fixed in R3. This thing is amazing in every other sense though. Excellent work as usual!!!.

+1 for sirius not working
Guys, you really need to differentiate when you have solved problems specifically related to your carrier. I think that is where all the confusion and multiple posts ("no that doesn't work" or "yes it works") are coming from for SMS/MMS. MMS and SMS work just find after R3 install for VERIZON. You must update your MMS settings.

Within TF3D Messages>All Messages>Menu>Settings>Options>Menu>MMS Server>SampleMMSC:
Ip is left blank
Port #: 80
Server Address: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
Connect Via: Verizon Wireless
Send Limt: 1024kb
Wap Vers: WAP 2.0

Click "done." The only other things I changed were updating the registry entry with CDMA_RSSI_PPC.dll so that the data connection bars display correctly (there is a cab for this) and under communications>menu>connections>manage existing connections, I updated Verizon Wireless and CDMA1x connections with the username (use your cell number) "5551234567@vzw3g.com" and password of "vzw". Saved, restarted phone. I'm using SMS just fine through TF3D and when sending MMS, either go into winmo side or your photo album and send MMS that way. It opens up the ugly old looking winmo texting and sends/receives just fine for me. Winmo may work for sms too, but I don't care to test it as I don't use it except when I have to (mms). Again this is for VERIZON TP2.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pro2
Carrier: sprint

union122 is a n00b

Download and Playing with it for an hour.. Sprint..
for way, Great Rom.. MMS / SMS client working..
Old 11-16-2009, 11:47 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by marketingdesigner View Post
Guys, you really need to differentiate when you have solved problems specifically related to your carrier. I think that is where all the confusion and multiple posts ("no that doesn't work" or "yes it works") are coming from for SMS/MMS. MMS and SMS work just find after R3 install for VERIZON. You must update your MMS settings.

Within TF3D Messages>All Messages>Menu>Settings>Options>Menu>MMS Server>SampleMMSC:
Ip is left blank
Port #: 80
Server Address: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
Connect Via: Verizon Wireless
Send Limt: 1024kb
Wap Vers: WAP 2.0

Click "done." The only other things I changed were updating the registry entry with CDMA_RSSI_PPC.dll so that the data connection bars display correctly (there is a cab for this) and under communications>menu>connections>manage existing connections, I updated Verizon Wireless and CDMA1x connections with the username (use your cell number) "5551234567@vzw3g.com" and password of "vzw". Saved, restarted phone. I'm using SMS just fine through TF3D and when sending MMS, either go into winmo side or your photo album and send MMS that way. It opens up the ugly old looking winmo texting and sends/receives just fine for me. Winmo may work for sms too, but I don't care to test it as I don't use it except when I have to (mms). Again this is for VERIZON TP2.
What are the Sprint settings?
Old 11-16-2009, 11:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by union122 View Post
interesting. so the mms is working with the htc messaging? sending and recieving?
Old 11-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pdawg17 is keeping up the good workpdawg17 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by union122 View Post
How? Using the above method (changing registry, install Arcsoft)?
Old 11-16-2009, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

crookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fittske View Post
Have you verified that what you are sending is actually getting received?
yes...have 2 touch pro 2. both sent an received fine.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint 4G

kash23 is keeping up the good workkash23 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ* View Post
What are the Sprint settings?

Can we please have the way you would set it up if you have sprint as the carrier. Thank You.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development