PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 06:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G / HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

swurvv is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to swurvv Send a message via MSN to swurvv Send a message via Yahoo to swurvv
Angry Re: [ROM] Juicy Rhodium_W R2 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC]

Is it just me or is anyone else having the music plays for about 45sec to a minute And just freezez what the f*** I use the audio player all the time its like my Ipod And I don't wanna use s2p and wmp I want the htc player and just to note this rom is mad slow at times... Love this rom and want to keep it as my rom don't like the fact that my facebook contacts keep logging me out and my picture contacts wont show when making a call why does this happen and also the hardware keyboard stops working have to soft reset to get everything back working except for the music just wont work period I here nrg rom is much faster and stable but I don't like his theme the blue bar his start menu please fix these thing or tell me what to do cause switching is not a option... THANKS!
Old 11-10-2009, 06:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ⒽⓉⒸ ⓉⓅ₂
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [ROM] Juicy Rhodium_W R2 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by swurvv View Post
Is it just me or is anyone else having the music plays for about 45sec to a minute And just freezez what the f*** I use the audio player all the time its like my Ipod And I don't wanna use s2p and wmp I want the htc player and just to note this rom is mad slow at times... Love this rom and want to keep it as my rom don't like the fact that my facebook contacts keep logging me out and my picture contacts wont show when making a call why does this happen and also the hardware keyboard stops working have to soft reset to get everything back working except for the music just wont work period I here nrg rom is much faster and stable but I don't like his theme the blue bar his start menu please fix these thing or tell me what to do cause switching is not a option... THANKS!
Your issues may have something to do with a lack of punctuation

If I helped you, please remember to press thanks!

Last edited by ChrisCicc; 11-10-2009 at 08:04 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

dude i will be the first one too tell you all that was uncall for. you need to perform a hard reset and read the thread for little querk and fixes. then you will look alot better.
a hard required after loading a new rom stock or custom built.
it states this rom is for professonials and you are not acting or looking like one

Last edited by Nygel; 11-10-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

teamzippy is a n00b

1. This (TP2) is my first smartphone, and I've been flash crazy for the past two weeks. Last night I flashed three different ROMs, finally settling on this one. So far, it is absolutely my favorite, and I have to say, really stunning work!

2. I have not been hard resetting after flashing, how important is that? Its running fine, I did do a soft reset, does that count for anything?

Again, great stuff this ROM, thank you.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamzippy View Post
1. This (TP2) is my first smartphone, and I've been flash crazy for the past two weeks. Last night I flashed three different ROMs, finally settling on this one. So far, it is absolutely my favorite, and I have to say, really stunning work!

2. I have not been hard resetting after flashing, how important is that? Its running fine, I did do a soft reset, does that count for anything?

Again, great stuff this ROM, thank you.
I have never ever hard reset after a flash, and haven't had any unusual troubles either. But then again I know more than a few people here will swear by it, so it's up to you. If you want to be extra sure and guarantee it's not an issue, go for the hard reset.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol44 View Post
Hi Juicy,

As for bug fixes go here are my personal findings, (and can't confirm which issues are directly related to 2.5 manila):

1. From what I've noticed under settings- all settings- sounds & notifications you can't change the "Flash light for" for the "Message: New message" event.

2. Can't adjust the volume up/down using the hardware keys on the side while playing music in the music tab and the screen in sleep mode.

3. Difficult/inconsistent with getting back to home or exiting the sms tab after sending a text. Could be that hitting the end key doesn't bring you home. My best route is hitting "start" then "today" to get me back quickly.

4. Youtube volume issues, but you seem to have covered.

5. Under system- power- backlight. Dragging the sliders to the right keeping pushing me back to the battery tab.

6. Animated weather wallpaper shows lag after certain customizations. Haven't determined which exact ones. Noticed the animations were smooth like butter when first flashing. After doing all the usual customizations the weather wallpaper is unusable but the regular animated ones are fine. Seems to have slowed after linking my contact list with Facebook but can't be certain. I've also heard this is only an isolated issued and not everyone suffers from this.

These are just a few I came across that I can recall, hope it helps.
WOW great feedback

1 - will look into finding the reg associated, and enabling it
2 - fixed/not an issue on my test build of R3
3 - cant fix it (atleast not now) as manila 2.5 is for a device with dedicated HOME button
4 - fixed
5 - works for me ... just press a diff tab if it gets "stuck" then back to backlight tab
6 - will do my best to increase performance
Old 11-10-2009, 08:18 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by vick2080 View Post
will the flip clock be fixed in R3?
i have tried the Apristel cab to fix the issue, but that didnt do it
anyone has any ideas?
nothing is "wrong" with flip clock... the "jittering" is just replaying the animation. it works as it is intended... it can be solved via cabs mentioned here by other folks.... im not bothering with visual customizations... i like seeing the animation
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:20 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefshala View Post
Thanks Juicy, awesome ROM.

Noticed a bug with the Music tab. It worked fine for the first couple of days, but now every time I try to play a song or change songs or hit Library it cycles to the "Launching HTC Sense...." screen
no issues here... could be a corrupt file you added?

anyone else get this error?
Old 11-10-2009, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
no issues here... could be a corrupt file you added?

anyone else get this error?
That was the same thing that was happening to me for the first couple of days when I tried to do a google search from the internet tab. Essentially manila is crashing and restarting.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Also, some observations on the lack of a home key:

The end button takes you home from everywhere other than manila. Inside manila it does nothing, but the back button works. Home is never more than 2 screen back in manila.

I've been able to adjust my habits to this, but it would be interesting to have a dedicated home key.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development