PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 03:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

pistol44 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Juicy Rhodium_W R2 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC]

Hi Juicy,

Sorry but hopefully last bug to report (hard to remember them all)..

When linking the contact list with Facebook it will of course replace all yoru contact's display photo's with their Facebook profile picture. This is fine but when calling or recieving a call from a contact with a linked photo their photo no longer shows as their caller ID. But then when going back into their contact card their photo is still their Facebook profile photo.

I've tried removing the photo, unlinking the contact, re-linking etc but didn't resolve this.

I don't everyone is experiencing this but it's done it for me even after a hard reset.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2 / hero
Carrier: sprint

dmb60614 is keeping up the good workdmb60614 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCicc View Post
Why would you ever want to risk messing with your phones stability/performance for a graphic that you'll never see?? Do you restart your phone multiple times a day?
A) because its cool
b) it did not alter the performance or stability when these were changed on my titan
Old 11-10-2009, 03:46 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb60614 View Post
A) because its cool
b) it did not alter the performance or stability when these were changed on my titan
i changed or added a start up, just flash one or in this case, add one in cab for. i have a cool one from xda thats start up and loading if you want me to post it? im on ppc so it will be rapidshare link. to the other user, how would changing start up effect performance?
Old 11-10-2009, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ⒽⓉⒸ ⓉⓅ₂
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i changed or added a start up, just flash one or in this case, add one in cab for. i have a cool one from xda thats start up and loading if you want me to post it? im on ppc so it will be rapidshare link. to the other user, how would changing start up effect performance?
I'm not saying it affects general usage performance, but it most definitely affects boot speed. How could it not? Even with Vista and 7 Microsoft got rid of the Windows logo during boot because it decreased the boot time, and that was a non animated image on a PC.

If you make a mistake, it could hurt the stability of your phone. And all that risk for a pretty boot screen that you see what, once or twice a week? Personally, when I have to reset my phone, it just put it on a desk and let it do its thing, I don't gawk at it while it boots

If I helped you, please remember to press thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Verizon

beefshala is a n00b

Thanks Juicy, awesome ROM.

Noticed a bug with the Music tab. It worked fine for the first couple of days, but now every time I try to play a song or change songs or hit Library it cycles to the "Launching HTC Sense...." screen
Old 11-10-2009, 04:11 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
I'm not saying it affects general usage performance, but it most definitely affects boot speed. How could it not? Even with Vista and 7 Microsoft got rid of the Windows logo during boot because it decreased the boot time, and that was a non animated image on a PC.

If you make a mistake, it could hurt the stability of your phone. And all that risk for a pretty boot screen that you see what, once or twice a week? Personally, when I have to reset my phone, it just put it on a desk and let it do its thing, I don't gawk at it while it boots
i love start up, each his own though. not sure how you can screw up loading a bootscreen or if by chance you do it would cause any issues/stability.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2 / hero
Carrier: sprint

dmb60614 is keeping up the good workdmb60614 is keeping up the good work

evidently the orange windows screen can be changed by replacing the welcomehead.192.png file. the file needs to be read only and hidden in order to show up on boot. this file is on this rom, it just isnt visible by default using file explorer. still not sure what file to alter for an animated gif.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ⒽⓉⒸ ⓉⓅ₂
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i love start up, each his own though. not sure how you can screw up loading a bootscreen or if by chance you do it would cause any issues/stability.
Same way ppl screw up changing icons on the taskbar...I've seen that mess up the display of the home screen and have heard of it preventing the phone from working properly...

The phone is looking for a dll with certain properties. If it isn't where it expects or those properties aren't quite right it could barf.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:16 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Same way ppl screw up changing icons on the taskbar...I've seen that mess up the display of the home screen and have heard of it preventing the phone from working properly...

The phone is looking for a dll with certain properties. If it isn't where it expects or those properties aren't quite right it could barf.
now tb i get those are dll files, boot are png files, not a big deal if there wrong. im done, there easy to change if anybody wants help pm me, ill help ya.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:24 PM
KrisK91

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

It wont let me download this from rapidshare, it keeps saying this "This file can only be downloaded by becoming a Premium member"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development