PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 12:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint 4G

kash23 is keeping up the good workkash23 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

[QUOTE=crookdbill;1333696]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crookdbill View Post
OK. So I finaly got mms to work without removing the new HTC messaging client. Here are the steps. If this helps, feel free to hit the thanks button.
1. download Arcsoft 5 0 94 128c
2. set up the settings for your provider ie sprint is http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms connect via sprint
3. open registry editor...go to hklm, SOFTWARE, Arcsoft, Arcsoft MMS UA, Config, mm1, MMSCSetting, SprintMMSC(or whatever you called your default server) and change all 4 wap settings to 5120000. I also did the same for the sample servers.
4. You can now send without a problem.
5. For receiving. Once the message is downloaded, you can view it once the popup comes up saying the message is done downloading under the "view" option. However, to view it again after closing it, go to your e mail tab, tap "inbox" and swipe left or right to get to the windows text messaging tab. The message your received with the attached picture is viewable. Unfortunately, the pic is still not viewable under New HTC messaging app. At least you can view regular sms through the text messaging tab by tapping them instead of going to all messages like before with the "disable cab" Not perfect but a lot better than before. Let me know if the instructions are confusing...it is 340 am

Hey guys, as stated on page 180 post 2, the settings for SPRINT MMS are all there and the step by step to configure it also...They have been verified to send and receive multiple times. I don't think installing arcsoft, setting up your server, and changing limits for mms size is a big deal...if you think it is, maybe you shouldn't be flashing. PS stop asking for the settings without searching first.
I seen your post on page 180 before i posted anything, i was asking if other sprint users used and tested this setup and if they had any issues and also if they were any other methods used with this rom.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nrupalp is a n00b

i accidentally hit X on the provisioning screen. How do i bring it back?
Old 11-16-2009, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Veezy

wodurrah is becoming a great contributor

is juicy r3 safe to tether????
Old 11-16-2009, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Fittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuff

[QUOTE=crookdbill;1333696]
Quote:
OK. So I finaly got mms to work without removing the new HTC messaging client. Here are the steps. If this helps, feel free to hit the thanks button.
1. download Arcsoft 5 0 94 128c
2. set up the settings for your provider ie sprint is http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms connect via sprint
3. open registry editor...go to hklm, SOFTWARE, Arcsoft, Arcsoft MMS UA, Config, mm1, MMSCSetting, SprintMMSC(or whatever you called your default server) and change all 4 wap settings to 5120000. I also did the same for the sample servers.
4. You can now send without a problem.
5. For receiving. Once the message is downloaded, you can view it once the popup comes up saying the message is done downloading under the "view" option. However, to view it again after closing it, go to your e mail tab, tap "inbox" and swipe left or right to get to the windows text messaging tab. The message your received with the attached picture is viewable. Unfortunately, the pic is still not viewable under New HTC messaging app. At least you can view regular sms through the text messaging tab by tapping them instead of going to all messages like before with the "disable cab" Not perfect but a lot better than before. Let me know if the instructions are confusing...it is 340 am

Hey guys, as stated on page 180 post 2, the settings for SPRINT MMS are all there and the step by step to configure it also...They have been verified to send and receive multiple times. I don't think installing arcsoft, setting up your server, and changing limits for mms size is a big deal...if you think it is, maybe you shouldn't be flashing. PS stop asking for the settings without searching first.
I can confirm that this set up works.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint 4G

kash23 is keeping up the good workkash23 is keeping up the good work

[QUOTE=Fittske;1333761]
Quote:

I can confirm that this set up works.

Thanks bro.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeZony0u View Post
I think I know the problem. I'm using SMS Chat and for some reason it wouldn't send w/ SMS Chat. It will send w/ HTC Messaging though. Crap..that means I'm stuck using that crazy lagging text msg thing?!
SMS-Chat works just fine for me (Verizon user)

This would be a deal breaker for me, if I could not use SMS-Chat & TouchPal 3.5 for texting I would have to use a different ROM.

I flashed R2 yesterday morning (not knowing a new version was on the way). I went through absolute hell getting MMS to work (it's working now through the WM default app) but I had no problem whatever getting SMS-Chat to work.......

~John
Old 11-16-2009, 01:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrupalp View Post
i accidentally hit X on the provisioning screen. How do i bring it back?
Use File Manager - Windows - Juicy_Provision.exe or Juice_carriername.exe
Old 11-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: SPRINT

wchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

[QUOTE=kash23;1333710]
Quote:

I seen your post on page 180 before i posted anything, i was asking if other sprint users used and tested this setup and if they had any issues and also if they were any other methods used with this rom.

With these setting I can recieve, but not send. I am on sprint.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:20 PM
DZF
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

DZF is a n00b

How do you send MMS through WM default app? sorry for the noob question.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep

any mirrors for r3? rapidshare is unbearable!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development