PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 05:33 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
Wow mods. You've seriously missed one huge signature here.

Glad to see it's truly a "Forum Wide" crackdown on signature sizes and not just a special handpicked few that really didn't even have a signature a tenth of the size of this guy's.
Enough, codybear. Enough.

A few other mods have archived many of your posts and noted every single one where you broke the rules, including bypassing the swear filter, disrespecting other users, and making multiple off topic posts about the same issue. Would you like equal enforcement of the rules? I ask because that would entail infracting you for every single offense you've committed, which would EASILY pass 25 points. You only need 10 to be banned.

Are you done? Because if you keep this up, you will be.

Last edited by [sammich]; 11-16-2009 at 05:38 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi
Carrier: Sprint

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

just flashed and I must say I am very impressed. Definitely will see how this runs, might have a keeper
Old 11-16-2009, 05:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

crookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

OK. So I finaly got mms to work without removing the new HTC messaging client. Here are the steps. If this helps, feel free to hit the thanks button.
1. download Arcsoft 5 0 94 128c
2. set up the settings for your provider ie sprint is http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms connect via sprint
3. open registry editor...go to hklm, SOFTWARE, Arcsoft, Arcsoft MMS UA, Config, mm1, MMSCSetting, SprintMMSC(or whatever you called your default server) and change all 4 wap settings to 5120000. I also did the same for the sample servers.
4. You can now send without a problem.
5. For receiving. Once the message is downloaded, you can view it once the popup comes up saying the message is done downloading under the "view" option. However, to view it again after closing it, go to your e mail tab, tap "inbox" and swipe left or right to get to the windows text messaging tab. The message your received with the attached picture is viewable. Unfortunately, the pic is still not viewable under New HTC messaging app. At least you can view regular sms through the text messaging tab by tapping them instead of going to all messages like before with the "disable cab" Not perfect but a lot better than before. Let me know if the instructions are confusing...it is 340 am

Juicy please feel free to add to first page if this is the best method for now or please clarify how the mms issues have been fixed in R3. This thing is amazing in every other sense though. Excellent work as usual!!!.

+1 for sirius not working

Last edited by crookdbill; 11-16-2009 at 05:51 AM. Reason: mispell
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:45 AM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

@ Juicy

ROM is fast for sure.

I noticed no sound for email this morning. Might have been a fluke but i will keep my eye on it. Also, in favorite tab when I select a contact and the the view contact the little icon in the bottom right of the picture is a white square. Not a big deal but just something I noticed.

Thanks Juicy! I am going to rock this for a full day of work and see what it does.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Flashed R3 about 20min ago, first impressions are good, far superior to R2 IMO. TF3d appears to be a lot faster and smoother, all links appear to work including the SMS. Well posts more after I get a good run at the rom
Old 11-16-2009, 08:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Can somebody elaborate on what is required to use MMS with Verizon in R3??

I am running R2 (I just flashed it yesterday morning when I was bored not realizing a new version was coming out 8 hours later.....). I was running Mighty & everything worked perfectly with that setup but I wanted to try playing with manila 2.5 again (I tried NRG LEO briefly a while back)

I spent probably two hours messing with MMS & finally got it working (both pics & video send/receive just fine as long as I use the old WM app for MMS). The problem is, I tried so many different things from different versions of Arcsoft to multiple regedits/changing the default server/making the SMS account visible under accounts etc etc etc that I honestly don't have a clue what finally got it working & I don't want to go through that nonsense again by flashing to R3.

At this point, I have everything working fine in R2 & unless it is fairly simple to get to this point with R3 I see no reason whatever to flash again.

~John
Old 11-16-2009, 09:10 AM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

I am running R2 (I just flashed it yesterday morning when I was bored not realizing a new version was coming out 8 hours later.....). I was running Mighty & everything worked perfectly with that setup but I wanted to try playing with manila 2.5 again (I tried NRG LEO briefly a while back)

I spent probably two hours messing with MMS & finally got it working (both pics & video send/receive just fine as long as I use the old WM app for MMS). The problem is, I tried so many different things from different versions of Arcsoft to multiple regedits/changing the default server/making the SMS account visible under accounts etc etc etc that I honestly don't have a clue what finally got it working & I don't want to go through that nonsense again by flashing to R3.

At this point, I have everything working fine in R2 & unless it is fairly simple to get to this point with R3 I see no reason whatever to flash again.

~John
Glad you got it working...All I can say is this version is pretty fast. So far so good!
Old 11-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

KoolFrank87 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

~John
I'm on the same boat. I have flashed to R3 and am unable to get mms working. Anyone able to get it working, on Verizon, without using the old wm app?
Old 11-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

no MMS on My verzion tp2 with Juicy R3

Old 11-16-2009, 10:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: SPRINT

wchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
@ Juicy

ROM is fast for sure.

I noticed no sound for email this morning. Might have been a fluke but i will keep my eye on it. Also, in favorite tab when I select a contact and the the view contact the little icon in the bottom right of the picture is a white square. Not a big deal but just something I noticed.

Thanks Juicy! I am going to rock this for a full day of work and see what it does.
Its turned off by default. Go to your settings>Notifications> and change the alert.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development