PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 11:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

KoolFrank87 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by marketingdesigner View Post
Guys, you really need to differentiate when you have solved problems specifically related to your carrier. I think that is where all the confusion and multiple posts ("no that doesn't work" or "yes it works") are coming from for SMS/MMS. MMS and SMS work just find after R3 install for VERIZON. You must update your MMS settings.

Within TF3D Messages>All Messages>Menu>Settings>Options>Menu>MMS Server>SampleMMSC:
Ip is left blank
Port #: 80
Server Address: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
Connect Via: Verizon Wireless
Send Limt: 1024kb
Wap Vers: WAP 2.0

Click "done." The only other things I changed were updating the registry entry with CDMA_RSSI_PPC.dll so that the data connection bars display correctly (there is a cab for this) and under communications>menu>connections>manage existing connections, I updated Verizon Wireless and CDMA1x connections with the username (use your cell number) "5551234567@vzw3g.com" and password of "vzw". Saved, restarted phone. I'm using SMS just fine through TF3D and when sending MMS, either go into winmo side or your photo album and send MMS that way. It opens up the ugly old looking winmo texting and sends/receives just fine for me. Winmo may work for sms too, but I don't care to test it as I don't use it except when I have to (mms). Again this is for VERIZON TP2.
I know what you mean, I am a Verizon user and have tried the setup you mentioned. Anyway you can post that cab file? I am still unable to send or recieve mms. Any thoughts?
Old 11-16-2009, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pro2
Carrier: sprint

union122 is a n00b

I didnt use marketingdesigner setup.. Used stock juicy setup..
WM panel for sending and receiving MMS and HTC for SMS..,
Old 11-16-2009, 12:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nrupalp is a n00b

Downloading the rom from slowest servers ever..rapidshare. Does anyone know how can i get more then 3 programs shortcuts on main screen?
Old 11-16-2009, 12:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint 4G

kash23 is keeping up the good workkash23 is keeping up the good work
Cool Re: [ROM] [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by crookdbill View Post
OK. So I finaly got mms to work without removing the new HTC messaging client. Here are the steps. If this helps, feel free to hit the thanks button.
1. download Arcsoft 5 0 94 128c
2. set up the settings for your provider ie sprint is http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms connect via sprint
3. open registry editor...go to hklm, SOFTWARE, Arcsoft, Arcsoft MMS UA, Config, mm1, MMSCSetting, SprintMMSC(or whatever you called your default server) and change all 4 wap settings to 5120000. I also did the same for the sample servers.
4. You can now send without a problem.
5. For receiving. Once the message is downloaded, you can view it once the popup comes up saying the message is done downloading under the "view" option. However, to view it again after closing it, go to your e mail tab, tap "inbox" and swipe left or right to get to the windows text messaging tab. The message your received with the attached picture is viewable. Unfortunately, the pic is still not viewable under New HTC messaging app. At least you can view regular sms through the text messaging tab by tapping them instead of going to all messages like before with the "disable cab" Not perfect but a lot better than before. Let me know if the instructions are confusing...it is 340 am

Juicy please feel free to add to first page if this is the best method for now or please clarify how the mms issues have been fixed in R3. This thing is amazing in every other sense though. Excellent work as usual!!!.

+1 for sirius not working

Has anyone else on the sprint network verified this method? If there other easier ways, please post.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G - Rooted

El Ha$oN is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to El Ha$oN
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35541; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

This ROM is working great, very smooth and responsive, but I am unable to see photo albums from contacts i have linked with their facebook account. I can open their contact no problem and see al the info associated with their contact but when i click open photo album to see which photo they have on their profile it apparently doesnt download. Not sure if anyone has come across this but any help would be appreciated.

Other than that this ROM is sweet, thanks juicy!!!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Thumbs up Re: [ROM] [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Juicy,

a while back i offered the make the the signal bars dll into 6.5. so I did, and MightyMike and Juggalo X are using without a problem.

now, i am a fan of the new 6.5 task bar icons..but there is no grayed out arrows for innactive data in 6.5 for CDMA, i "6.5"ed the CDMA_RSSI_PPC dll so it looks 100% 6.5 in the taskbar...the 6.1 icons are so uggly next to 6.5, no smooth edges at all,

attached is the updated CDMA_RSSI_PPC.dll. The DLL version is 1.28.0.0
(Version 3 on my count)

If you have a more updated DLL, shoot it my way so i can update the icons as necessary...thanks...

Again, this DLL needs to signed...hope to see it in your next build!
Attached Files
File Type: zip CDMA_RSSI_PPC_V3.zip (27.3 KB, 28 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-16-2009, 12:33 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrupalp View Post
Downloading the rom from slowest servers ever..rapidshare. Does anyone know how can i get more then 3 programs shortcuts on main screen?
Try this:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93966
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:35 PM
DZF
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

DZF is a n00b
Smile Re: [ROM] [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Anybody that has the MMS working on Verizon TP2 may you please be able to provide what if any cabs that are needed and instructions on how you got it working?

Thanks!!
Old 11-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ROM is great!

Thanks.

Question: Manila Weather --> Using Menu (Bottom right) does not seem to unfold the menu items smoothly. Is that part of the weather animation?
Old 11-16-2009, 12:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

crookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kash23 View Post
Has anyone else on the sprint network verified this method? If there other easier ways, please post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kash23 View Post
Can we please have the way you would set it up if you have sprint as the carrier. Thank You.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ* View Post
What are the Sprint settings?
[QUOTE=crookdbill;1333158]OK. So I finaly got mms to work without removing the new HTC messaging client. Here are the steps. If this helps, feel free to hit the thanks button.
1. download Arcsoft 5 0 94 128c
2. set up the settings for your provider ie sprint is http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms connect via sprint
3. open registry editor...go to hklm, SOFTWARE, Arcsoft, Arcsoft MMS UA, Config, mm1, MMSCSetting, SprintMMSC(or whatever you called your default server) and change all 4 wap settings to 5120000. I also did the same for the sample servers.
4. You can now send without a problem.
5. For receiving. Once the message is downloaded, you can view it once the popup comes up saying the message is done downloading under the "view" option. However, to view it again after closing it, go to your e mail tab, tap "inbox" and swipe left or right to get to the windows text messaging tab. The message your received with the attached picture is viewable. Unfortunately, the pic is still not viewable under New HTC messaging app. At least you can view regular sms through the text messaging tab by tapping them instead of going to all messages like before with the "disable cab" Not perfect but a lot better than before. Let me know if the instructions are confusing...it is 340 am

Hey guys, as stated on page 180 post 2, the settings for SPRINT MMS are all there and the step by step to configure it also...They have been verified to send and receive multiple times. I don't think installing arcsoft, setting up your server, and changing limits for mms size is a big deal...if you think it is, maybe you shouldn't be flashing. PS stop asking for the settings without searching first.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development