PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 08:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [11/23/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R4 (21876) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
LOL, a buddy of mine likes to say "they wear down from too much use....."

~John
Heh, could be!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:35 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
Not taking anything away from whatever he may or may not have done in the past. I am solely speaking of present, and there have been numerous posts lately of him complaining of nobody uploading a file for him etc, and then the complaints of not getting it to work and leaving etc. Just cuz you have a bigger weenie as you put it doesn't give you the right to crash all over everyone else that is doing just fine. And as you say for longer, well weenies shrink with age. That's great he has helped people in the past, but show some respect to those trying to help you in the present.

And as it goes, I am not trying to crash all over him, I am just stating the fact that we really don't need to hear 1000 times that he is leaving this rom etc, and the fact that he can't get it working. While many others can, and when someone tries to help again and show the way THEY got it going him turning around and commenting about look another blah blah. Frankly it is childish and all people were trying to do is help. So he can take his Oscar Meyer Weenie and play all day alone with it if he isn't happy.
you're more than quite right...however, what worked for you may not work for someone else...that is just the fact of life...let alone these devices that we all carry. He was asking for something specific...and NO ONE was able to help him. If you had a problem/issue...that you trust this community to be able to help...you would be persistent as well.

As for calling someone childish...that's your prerogative. This place have been rock solid for me...and many others...and NONE have anything to do with calling someone out for whatever the reason.

You're entitled to your opinions so is everyone else...and opinions are like certain orifices of our bodies and everyone's got one. Glad all is worked out for you...and that you are so tech savvy that you probably won't need any assistance from anyone. If you do need help...I'm sure YOU won't post until you get the assistance you require.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:39 PM
VIP Member

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Now that I have cooled down and breathed, I just wanted to say I am sorry for anything that I may have been involved with starting.

Darren, I am not mad at you, I was just stating the fact that you are constantly stating the same thing over and over, when everyone else seems to be working. I truly am sorry yours isn't working out for you, but my statement does stand that if you are needing this for work and need reliability you definitely should use a ROM that is proven in such aspects. Any 2.1 ROM, Mighty and Juggalo make great 2.1 Roms. And I still say 2.5 is still in ALPHA and if you rely that heavily on your device then you prob don't want to use it even as pretty as it looks.

And as far as the whole rep thing goes, this is the only forum I have ever been on that people seem to rely so heavily on it. I mean, it is great that people help and get thanked etc. But seriously, as shown just cuz you have such a high rep doesn't make you a GOD. No offense Juicy, lmao. But everyone needs help sooner or later. And all I was seeing, and correct me if I am wrong is constant whining that nobody was doing what you wanted immediately. There had been many that pointed out how to download an unzipper that THEY claim mind you, that worked fine on unzipping the roms to their device. Again, I don't know why you can't. But regardless. I am sorry if I offended you or anyone else. But I don't think I was alone in my thinking.

And on that note, same saying goes for all, not just aimed at Darren, the original reply wasn't aimed only at him. I just can't count how many people come in and say it is a deal breaker like it is supposed to mean something to the chef etc. Again this is an ALPHA rom and if you need specific features to act a specific way you should use a rom that does so.

PEACE!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:47 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
you're more than quite right...however, what worked for you may not work for someone else...that is just the fact of life...let alone these devices that we all carry. He was asking for something specific...and NO ONE was able to help him. If you had a problem/issue...that you trust this community to be able to help...you would be persistent as well.

As for calling someone childish...that's your prerogative. This place have been rock solid for me...and many others...and NONE have anything to do with calling someone out for whatever the reason.

You're entitled to your opinions so is everyone else...and opinions are like certain orifices of our bodies and everyone's got one. Glad all is worked out for you...and that you are so tech savvy that you probably won't need any assistance from anyone. If you do need help...I'm sure YOU won't post until you get the assistance you require.
Not gonna focus on this much being as I just said what I wanted to say in the previous reply. But my point being is most everyone, including myself stated plainly this works for me, it may or may not work for you, but they including myself were TRYING to help. And all we were getting in return is grief. And as far as being persistent, there is a difference in persistence and treating others badly. And all I could see is when he wasn't getting what he wanted he started bitching. You can check in occasionally and ask if there has been any changes, but every other message really is unnecessary. And all it does is get in the way of others trying to help.

Agreed 100% on opinions. And as I stated in my last post, I probably got out of hand as well as I feel you and Darren did as well. I apologized and I apologize again. I just don't feel that using what you have done in the past gives any right to treat others differently now. And I really took it the wrong way heh. I am done bickering, I have cooled down. And am wanting to get back to progress. I will agree this community wouldn't be what it is without everyone working together. I do feel people should search more, this forum has a great search capability that searches posts. So you really don't have to dig much. Instead of every 5 posts asking the same thing that has already been answered.

Ok enuf is enuf. Peach to ya! Hopefully we can all find a way to get along!
Old 11-24-2009, 08:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

good stuff flynt....

Old 11-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I can handle that....

Now...questions...since the settings mentioned as the general fix for mms for Sprint when applied to CDMA settings while in WM messaging client works (for most)...why won't these settings work when entered in the HTC messaging app? Is that the million dollar question...and where can we start to find that reg entry...because most likely something simple but hidden right??
Old 11-24-2009, 08:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 650/XV6700/Mogul/Diamond/TP/TP2

auburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Google Maps won't open for me on R4, anyone else?
Old 11-24-2009, 08:59 PM
VIP Member

Ya there have to be some missing stuff, I have tinkered some here and there but without success. I did notice most of the stuff in the stock app is setup for GSM which I am sure where to start. I tried adjusting some stuff, I just don't know enuf about it to really delve. But will continue. What I use is CERegEditor and can edit via the PC much easier to look at things. Also what I used to export my Reg File changes on my fix to a CAB, for those that want changes easy to install heh.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:00 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnmk View Post
Google Maps won't open for me on R4, anyone else?
Working fine here, maybe try a Hard reset or flash again. Sounds like it didn't complete properly.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 650/XV6700/Mogul/Diamond/TP/TP2

auburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks for the fast reply! Should have known better than to just flash once....thought for some odd reason we were past that with this device....lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development